The 8th annual PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo on 17 October will examine the investment strategies of Japan’s largest LPs and is the preeminent event for global fund managers to turbocharge their fundraising.
Following the announcement of GPIF and Japan Post Insurance’s global real estate plans at last year’s conference, the Forum has cemented itself as the must-attend real estate event in Japan to connect with top profile local LPs and global GPs.
Key themes include:
- The latest real estate trends and opportunities in Japan, North America and Europe
- Working up the risk curve spectrum – what are the opportunities for the Japanese investor?
- Japanese LPs real estate report card – how do they assess their investments and GP relationships so far?
- Hotels and hospitality: In the midst of the rugby world cup and pre-Olympic fever where are the most promising areas to deploy capital?
Mark W. Elliott
President, Hodges Ward Elliott
In an exclusive interview, Mark Elliott will be discussing HWE’s approach to real estate debt and hospitality investing alongside their strategy and plans going forward.
Demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to Japanese LPs allocating capital to oversea private real estate to turbocharge your fundraising in 2020 and beyond. Exchange ideas with prominent global GPs, developers, and strategic advisors to enhance your investment strategies across Asia, Europe, Australia, and the Americas.
Confirmed LP attendees this year include
Utilizing PERE’s position as the most prestigious private real estate specialized publication, the Forum is your gateway to access to the most exclusive market insights.
Day 1 - Thursday 17th
Registration and networking
Keynote Panel: International GPs views on the latest global real estate trends
• Where do GPs currently recommend investing their money globally? In what sectors and geographies?
• how do they consider current geopolitical risks when making investing decisions?
• How are investors shifting their investment strategies and portfolios in light of global market trends?
Presentation & Fireside Chat
Panel: The Japanese Investment Opportunity
• As prices continue to rise, when will they peak?
• As it becomes harder to find returns, where do you find the best value?
• Do core investing strategies still work in Japan?
• Best practices in both the pre-deal and post-deal selection processes
Senior Managing Director, Head of Japan, BlackstoneRead bio
Head of Direct Real Estate - Japan, Aberdeen Standard InvestmentsRead bio
Managing Officer, HulicRead bio
Leonard Meyer zu Brickwedde
President and Chief Executive Officer, Kenzo Capital CorporationRead bio
Networking coffee break
Presentation: People, Context and Reinvention - a layered approach to creating a sense of place
Panel: Spotlight on North American Real Estate
• Does the US still deserve to be the No.1 outbound market for Japanese investors?
• Outlook for office, retail, residential and industrial sectors
• What are the best strategies in order to manage and mitigate risk in US markets?
Panel: Real estate debt: what can it offer that equity can’t?
• What are the advantages of investing in debt at this stage of the cycle? What are the risks?
• What are the different types of debt strategies best suited for Japanese investors?
• How does currency play into debt strategies?
Panel: Japan success stories: Investing in hotel and hospitality sectors
• What are the opportunities to make attractive returns when investing in hotels in Japan?
• With huge increases in new supply, will it outpace demand?
• How to make money in 4 and 5 star hotels with world’s highest expectation for service and lifetime employment.
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Global Hospitality Investment GroupRead bio
President and Chief Executive Officer, Pacifica CapitalRead bio
Chief Executive Officer, IHG ANA Hotels Group JapanRead bio
Head of Asset Finance Unit, Tokyo Star BankRead bio
Networking coffee break
Panel: Real estate specialist strategies
- How can investors best capitalize on the logistics boom?
- Overview of sectors such as healthcare, multifamily and student housing
- Where do data centres fit within the real estate portfolio?
Panel: The growing role of ESG in the investment process
• How important is the role ESG to Japanese investors in their investment process?
• To what extent are GPs successfully addressing ESG concerns?
• ESG as a value driver in real estate
President, CBRE Global Investors JapanRead bio
Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, CSR Design Green Investment AdvisoryRead bio
President and Chief Executive Officer, Tokyu Land Capital ManagementRead bio
Director, Development Bank of JapanRead bio
Deputy General Manager, Investment Management Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust BankRead bio
Panel: Japanese LPs report card – how do they assess their current investments so far?
• How do Japanese investors evaluate their real estate portfolios so far? Is optimism or caution increasing in the late cycle?
• Where are they looking for opportunities globally? Are they looking to increase or decrease their outbound exposure?
• How do they build and monitor their portfolio? What is their due diligence process?
Executive Consultant, Russell Investments JapanRead bio
Director of Real Estate Investment, Pension Fund AssociationRead bio
Head of Overseas Property Investment, Tokio Marine Asset ManagementRead bio
Head of Alternative Investments, ORIX Life Insurance CorporationRead bio
Manager, Fuji Xerox Co LtdRead bio
Close of conference & cocktail reception
For any enquiries, please contact Andrew Wolff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Director, Capital Markets, CIM Group
Executive Consultant, Russell Investments Japan
Chief Executive Officer, Senior Partner, Conran and Partners
Managing Director and Portfolio Manager, Oaktree Capital Management
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Global Hospitality Investment Group
Managing Director, Global Head, Real Estate Equity Sales, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
President, Hodges Ward Elliott
Chief Executive Officer and Managing Partner, Realterm Transportation Platform, Realterm Logistics
President, CBRE Global Investors Japan
Principal, CIM Group
Director and Head of the European Real Estate Debt Team, BlackRock
Managing Director, Client Relationship Management, Aetos Japan
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora Bank
Head of Capital and Product Development, Charter Hall
Chief Executive Officer, IHG ANA Hotels Group Japan
Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, CSR Design Green Investment Advisory
Deputy General Manager, Investment Management Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank
Head of Overseas Property Investment, Tokio Marine Asset Management
Head of Asset Finance Unit, Tokyo Star Bank
Senior Managing Director, Head of Japan, Blackstone
Director, Development Bank of Japan
Chief Executive Officer, Crow Holdings Capital
President and Chief Executive Officer, Kenzo Capital Corporation
Managing Officer, Hulic
Manager, Fuji Xerox Co Ltd
Head of Direct Real Estate - Japan, Aberdeen Standard Investments
Global Director, Capital, QIC
Head of Alternative Investments, ORIX Life Insurance Corporation
President and Chief Executive Officer, Pacifica Capital
President and Chief Executive Officer, Tokyu Land Capital Management
Director of Real Estate Investment, Pension Fund Association
PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the private real estate industry.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2019, contact sponsorship team at email@example.com or call +852 2153 3846.