The 6th annual PERE Investor Forum: Seoul on 20 November examined the new wave Korean outbound real estate capital to debt and equity projects as well as key factors driving Korean LP fund manager selections.
Established as the preeminent outbound-focused event in the region, the Forum brought together leading Korean investors with global fund managers and developers to connect capital with investment opportunities each year.
Key topics discussed in 2019 included –
- LP/GP discussion: Latest trends in global real estate and capital flow
- LP panel: Portfolio diversification
- All eyes on Europe: Where is room to grow?
- Hot topic: Alternatives within Alternatives
- All quiet on the western front?: US opportunities now and in five years
- Real estate debt: Latest strategies in a hot asset class
Q Investment Partners
The PERE Seoul Forum was informative, insightful and well organized to encourage participants to network informally while in a formal context.
As always, the PERE organisers delivered a top-notch event where we were able to meet a number of Korean institutions looking to invest in Europe across a varie…
As always, the PERE organisers delivered a top-notch event where we were able to meet a number of Korean institutions looking to invest in Europe across a variety of strategies. We look forward to continuing to build our relationships in the region through the PERE platform.
Day 1 - Tuesday 19th
Opening Cocktails for LPs, Subscribers and Sponsors (by invitation only) - sponsored by Palmira Capital
Day 2 - Wednesday 20th
Registration and networking refreshments
Welcome from the morning chairperson
Opening keynote panel: Latest trends in global real estate and capital flow - an LP and GP discussion
- What are the latest capital flow movements and macro trends?
- What attractive yields are out there for the Korean institutionals?
- Dynamic questions and answers round, driven by PERE’s editorial team
- What is happening in terms of secondaries and exit strategies?
Head of Global Real Assets, Postal Savings, Korea PostRead bio
Head of Asia-Pacific, Real Assets, AXA IM – Real AssetsRead bio
Founder and Managing Partner, PalmiraRead bio
Director, Head of APAC Research and Strategy, BlackRock Real AssetsRead bio
Partner, GRE Asset ManagementRead bio
Keynote Interview – Strategy of the hour - Global Capital flows into Europe
Networking and Coffee Break
PERE LP outlook: current landscape and future sentiment towards real estate
- Overview of the 2019 fundraising landscape
- Investor sentiment towards private real estate strategies
- Factors that will shape global real estate and its performance for the year ahead
- Appetite for co-investment and the role of due diligence
Institutional Capital: What keeps Korea’s investors up at night?
Panel in Korean language- translation provided
• What are great strategies when it comes to portfolio diversification?
• Capital owner perspectives and the recent co-investment rise
• Where will the talent and expertise come from?
Jin Won Lee
General Manager, Local Finance AssociationRead bio
Changeun (Harry) Song
Head of Overseas Real Estate, Public Officials Benefit Association (POBA)Read bio
Jayme Younghee Han
Director, Jones Lang LaSalleRead bio
Former Head of Overseas Corporate Finance, The Korean Teachers’ Credit UnionRead bio
Presentation: The Rise of Non-Bank Lending in the US Commercial Real Estate Market
Europe vs North-America
- Koreans invested $8.4bn in income-producing assets and development sites abroad. Of this, three-quarters went to Europe, up from 59% in 2017. (RCA) Will the European trend continue?
- US: What are smart strategies to battle hedging costs and the late-cycle environment in the world’s largest RE market?
- What locations are worth keeping an eye on? And what classes and risk-models will offer promising yields in the long run?
Chief Executive Officer, The Valesco GroupRead bio
Eric Michael Anton
Senior Managing Director, Marcus & MillichapRead bio
Managing Partner, Almanac Realty InvestorsRead bio
Head of Divestments, Skanska Commercial Development EuropeRead bio
Senior Consultant, ForstersRead bio
- Logistics, hospitality, storage, co-living, etc – What offers the best opportunities, from a yield, regional and demographic perspective?
- Changing demographic and generational purchasing behaviours
Real estate debt – Latest strategies in a hot asset class
- What are the best RE debt strategies in Europe, Americas, Asia and Australia? And what are the opportunities with China deleveraging?
- What are the risks and returns across the capital stack?
- Who are the right partners to trust?
Team Head, ABL Life InsuranceRead bio
Managing Director, FAP InvestRead bio
Shareholder and Chair – Asia Real Estate Practice, Greenberg TraurigRead bio
Managing Director – Property, WingateRead bio
Managing Director, Fund Management, CapitaLandRead bio
Opportunities: When will capital flow back into Asia?
- Will current outbound trends continue or are we on the brink of capital flow change?
- What markets and asset classes will be the first to benefit, both Korea and the wider APAC region?
Executive Director, Shinhan Alternative Investment ManagementRead bio
Director, Real Estate, KKR AsiaRead bio
Managing Director, Private Real Estate Asia, Partners GroupRead bio
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Asia, Oaktree Capital ManagementRead bio
Head of Investments (Korea), Willis Towers WatsonRead bio
Afternoon chairperson’s closing remarks followed by cocktail reception
For any enquiries, please contact Florian Nuessel at Florian.firstname.lastname@example.org.
Partner, GRE Asset Management
Senior Managing Director, Marcus & Millichap
Director, Real Estate, KKR Asia
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Asia, Oaktree Capital Management
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Global Hospitality Investment Group
Head of Investor Research, PEI
Team Head, ABL Life Insurance
Partner and Co-Founder, Threadmark
Managing Director, Private Real Estate Asia, Partners Group
Director, Jones Lang LaSalle
Managing Director – Property, Wingate
Founder and Managing Partner, Palmira
Head of Asia-Pacific, Real Assets, AXA IM – Real Assets
Chief Executive Officer, The Valesco Group
Managing Partner, Almanac Realty Investors
Head of Divestments, Skanska Commercial Development Europe
Chief Investment Officer, Patrizia
Managing Director, FAP Invest
General Manager, Local Finance Association
Head of Global Real Assets, Postal Savings, Korea Post
Managing Director, Investment, Samsung SRA Asset Management
Conference Producer, PERE
Managing Director, Fund Management, CapitaLand
Executive Director, Shinhan Alternative Investment Management
Managing Director - Asia, PEI
Senior Consultant, Forsters
Shareholder and Chair – Asia Real Estate Practice, Greenberg Traurig
Head of Investments (Korea), Willis Towers Watson
Head of Overseas Real Estate, Public Officials Benefit Association (POBA)
Managing Principal, Madison Realty Capital
Director, Head of APAC Research and Strategy, BlackRock Real Assets
Former Head of Overseas Corporate Finance, The Korean Teachers’ Credit Union
PERE Investor Forum: Seoul offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the private real estate industry.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2020, contact the Sponsorship Team at email@example.com or call +852 2153 3846.