The 8th annual PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo on 17 October will examine the investment strategies of Japan’s largest LPs and is the preeminent event for global fund managers to turbocharge their fundraising.
Following the announcement of GPIF and Japan Post Insurance’s global real estate plans at last year’s conference, the Forum has cemented itself as the must-attend real estate event in Japan to connect with top profile local LPs and global GPs.
Key themes include:
- The latest real estate trends and opportunities in Japan, North America and Europe
- Working up the risk curve spectrum – what are the opportunities for the Japanese investor?
- Japanese LPs real estate report card – how do they assess their investments and GP relationships so far?
- Hotels and hospitality: In the midst of the rugby world cup and pre-Olympic fever where are the most promising areas to deploy capital?
We are currently working hard to create a world-class agenda yet again for the 2019 Forum. For any enquiries, please contact Andrew Wolff on at firstname.lastname@example.org
Day 1 - Thursday 17th
Registration and networking
Keynote Panel: International GPs views on the latest global real estate trends
• Where do GPs currently recommend investing their money globally? In what sectors and geographies?
• how do they consider current geopolitical risks when making investing decisions?
• How are investors shifting their investment strategies and portfolios in light of global market trends?
Keynote Interview: Starting a direct investment strategy – lessons learnt from a major investor
Networking coffee break
Panel: The Japanese Investment Opportunity
• As prices continue to rise, when will they peak?
• As it becomes harder to find returns, where do you find the best value?
• Do core investing strategies still work in Japan?
• Best practices in both the pre-deal and post-deal selection processes
Panel: Spotlight on North American Real Estate
• Does the US still deserve to be the No.1 outbound market for Japanese investors?
• Outlook for office, retail, residential and industrial sectors
• What are the best strategies in order to manage and mitigate risk in US markets?
Panel: Real estate debt: what can it offer that equity can’t?
• What are the advantages of investing in debt at this stage of the cycle? What are the risks?
• What are the different types of debt strategies best suited for Japanese investors?
• How does currency play into debt strategies?
Panel: Japan success stories: Investing in hotel and hospitality sectors
• What are the opportunities to make attractive returns when investing in hotels in Japan?
• With huge increases in new supply, will it outpace demand?
• How to make money in 4 and 5 star hotels with world’s highest expectation for service and lifetime employment.
Networking coffee break
Presentation: Japan Macro-Economic Overview
Panel: The growing role of ESG in the investment process
• How important is the role ESG to Japanese investors in their investment process?
• To what extent are GPs successfully addressing ESG concerns?
• ESG as a value driver in real estate
Panel: Japanese LPs report card – how do they assess their current investments so far?
• How do Japanese investors evaluate their real estate portfolios so far? Is optimism or caution increasing in the late cycle?
• Where are they looking for opportunities globally? Are they looking to increase or decrease their outbound exposure?
• How do they build and monitor their portfolio? What is their due diligence process?
Close of conference & cocktail reception
For any enquiries, please contact Andrew Wolff at email@example.com.
Executive Consultant, Russell Investments Japan
Founder, Global Hospitality Investment Group
Managing Director, Global Head, Real Estate Equity Sales, Bank of America Merrill Lynch
President, Hodges Ward Elliott
President, CBRE Global Investors Japan
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora Bank
Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, CSR Design Green Investment Advisory
Deputy General Manager, Investment Management Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank
Head of Overseas Property Investment, Tokio Marine Asset Management
Senior Managing Director, Real Estate — Tokyo, Blackstone
Managing Director, Japan Real Estate, Manulife Life Insurance Company
President and Chief Executive Officer, Pacifica Capital
Director of Real Estate Investment, Pension Fund Association
PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the private real estate industry.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2019, contact sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 2153 3846.