Understand where the greatest opportunities exist across EMEA private real estate markets at the 17th annual PERE Europe Summit on 14-16 June 2022.
Connect with the region’s most influential institutional investors, fund and asset managers, developers, and strategic partners to scale and align your investment strategies to the essential real estate of the future.
- Build lasting relationships
- Discover investment opportunities
- Understand local trends and challenges across Europe’s leading markets
Accelerate your fundraising
Easy access and interaction with European investors allocating across a wide spectrum of real estate strategies and geographies.
Expand your investor network in Europe
Meet the right European investors and understand their preferences for allocations across the continent.
Learn new allocation trends
Navigate specialist markets with dedicated Borrowers & Lenders and ESG & Impact Forums. Dissect various strategies and hot topics that can enhance your portfolio.
PERE Europe delivered as promised, with highly relevant content and a great atmosphere.
Head of International Real Assets
Alecta Investment Management
Download the agenda to see the trends impacting European investors and markets, including:
- Dissect post-pandemic investor strategies and appetite change
- Explore the current landscape of real estate markets
- Identify whether Hotels, offices, retail real estate are repurposing, divestment or investment?
- Learn how to optimize ESG opportunities into your portfolio and much more.
Meet Europe’s leading real estate network
If you want to join the speaking faculty contact Boris Petrovic today.
Investment Director – Real Estate, Cambridge Associates
Global Strategy & Investment ESG, Heitman
Head of European Property Investments, APG
Managing Director, Europe, Greystar
Head of Europe & Asia-Pacific, Ivanhoe Cambridge
Head of International Real Assets, Alecta
Chief Sustainability Officer , GRESB
Partner, Conduit Real Estate
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Investments - Europe, CPPIB
Head of Investment Strategy, M&G Real Estate
Managing Director , Blackrock
Deputy Global Head of Real Estate, M&G Real Estate
Senior Investment Analyst, AustralianSuper
Chief Investment Officer, Aviva Investors Real Assets
EVP – Europe and Asia Pacific, Oxford Properties
Head of Commercial Real Estate Debt, NN Investment Partners
Senior Vice President, Advisory & Consulting (UK), Greenstreet
Global Head of Real Estate, Schroders
Vice President - Corporate Social Responsibility, Ivanhoé Cambridge
Senior Responsible Investment and Governance Manager- Real Estate investments, APG Asset Management
The 16th PERE Europe Forum will be held in person in London and virtually on our industry-leading platform.
Easily seek out relevant investors, get maximum visibility for your firm, and maintain relationships across the global industry.
Attendance at the Forum is now exclusive to Global Passport members – our new industry-leading LP/GP network. Book a tour to see how, in addition to attendance at the PERE Europe Forum, membership can help grow your business.
Secure your next investor
Your access to the 16th annual PERE Europe Forum will provide more value than ever before, with year-round access to a little blackbook of global real estate’s most influential community.
Close your fund more efficiently.
Utilize year-round access to a little black book of Europe’s LPs allocating across a wide spectrum of real estate strategies and geographies.
Uncover high-yield opportunities.
Advance your strategic edge on the competition by gaining action-led, unique insights from the thought-leaders shaping the industry.
Expand your network with the right people.
Connect with decision-makers across the globe who can help you create value for your firm
The PERE Debt and Finance Forum will analyze the strategies of alternative and traditional lenders across Europe as governments across the continent end their support schemes.
Join us in-person in London or virtually on 21-22 September alongside the 16th annual PERE Europe Forum.
21-22 September 2021
Founder and CEO, Global Hospitality Investment Group
PERE goes out of their way to bring GPs, LPs and other people from the industry together, to not only discuss ideas, but even discuss new deals.
Head of Investments - Europe, Oxford Properties
A very informative and enjoyable conference with great attendees and speakers.
Executive Managing Director, Real Capital Analytics
PERE offers a great opportunity to network with senior industry professionals. Fantastic two days.
Europe Forum attendees get more
By attending the Europe Forum you will join real estate’s most influential global network. Membership will give you:
- Access to the Europe Forum
- Virtual access to all of PERE’s global events
- Access to the investor directory
- Frequent virtual and in-person networking opportunities
- And much more …
The Europe Summit is our flagship gathering in the region. Attendees are exclusively decision-makers at the leading private real estate investors, fund and asset managers, and developers across the globe. Sponsorship gives you:
- VIP access
- Opportunity to share your thought-leadership
- High-profile branding opportunities
- And much, much more …
To discuss options that suit your firm, contact our sponsorship team.
Download the agenda to see the trends shaping European investors allocation strategies and markets across the region.
On day 3 of the Summit, the Borrowers & Lenders Forum will finance the future of European real estate and the ESG & Impact Forum will identify opportunities to create real world sustainability across assets and funds.
Have a topic that you would like to discuss on the agenda? Contact Boris Petrovic today.
PERE Europe Forum 2022 - Investor day - Tuesday 14th
Investor breakfast (invite only)
View from the commentary box
Welcome & chair’s opening remarks
Europe’s institutional investor panel: what does real estate investing look like in the next decade?
- How are fund investors looking to adjust their allocations in 2022 and beyond?
- Which sectors are investors prioritising and what types are product resonate the most at present?
- What is investors’ appetite for specialist vs generalist managers?
- To what extent are inflationary concerns making real estate a more attractive destination for capital?
- How are investors viewing the impact of inflation on their investments and strategy going forward?
- What is investor appetite for ‘alternative’ investment types such as SPACs, REITs and proptech funds?
Europe as an investment destination
- Hear from global institutional investors give their perspective on Europe as a place to put their capital
- What are the key risks, opportunities and barriers that global investors see when assessing the region?
- How does the region compare to other geographies and markets
- Which sectors and strategies are non-European investors looking to get exposure to?
- What unique opportunities does Europe offer relative to other markets globally?
Your customers’ customer: insight into the real estate needs of corporates
- How are large corporates looking at their future real estate needs?
- What are the evolving needs of corporate supply chains, and what opportunities does this present to private investors and operators?
- What are the priorities for corporate lease holder when it comes to design, well being and sustainability of buildings?
A new wall of capital: structuring private real estate vehicles for retail investors
- What progress has been made in providing products for retail investors to access private markets?
- What is retail investor demand for private real estate?
- What are the main regulatory considerations when creating a retail-orientated fund?
- What progress have the pioneers and early entrants made in the space – and will retail products become a mainstream offering from fund managers?
Chair’s closing remarks
Closing of day one and networking drinks reception
PERE Europe Forum 2022 - Essential real estate - Wednesday 15th
Registration opens and networking breakfast
Welcome & chair’s opening remarks
Overview of leading fund manager strategies
- To what extent are investors finding it difficult to deploy capital?
- How are managers thinking about inflation?
- What strategies are helping managers to hedge and diversify risk such as mixed-use?
- How are fund managers adapting their investment thinking to meet the needs of the pandemic-hit environment?
- How are investor organising themselves to access ‘niche’ sectors?
- To what extent are manager pursuing ‘contrarian strategies’ in retail and offices?
Bites, Beds, Meds: how to scale deployment in the ‘new economy’ portfolio
- Data centres, life sciences, resi– what’s the amount of opportunity in these new economy sectors and their investment capacity?
- What resources are investors taking on to facilitate effective operational strategies?
- What strategies are investors pursuing to gain exposure in data centres and more broadly the digital economy?
- What are the unique challenges and risks in building an operational model in emerging sectors?
Deep dive into contrarian strategies: where are value-add and opportunistic managers looking for returns?
- Accounting for obsolescence risk when pricing assets?
- How are investors viewing opportunities in the hospitality, offices, and retail sectors?
- What are the been the lasting impact of the pandemic on demand in the most hard-hit sectors?
- When, or will, distressed opportunities for discounted assets in these sectors emerge?
- To what extent are investor repositioning away from hard hit sectors?
- What types of assets remain attractive in sectors that have been negatively impacted by the pandemic?
Too hot to ignore: exploring the next phase of logistics and industrial investment
- What the landscape of the logistics and industrial market in Europe?
- What is the outlook on capital flows and yield compression for the market?
- What is the outlook on fundamental of supply-demand and trends in ecommerce in Europe?
- How are investors looking to future-proof their assets?
- What are the prospects for multistorey industrial in the UK?
- How to make value add returns from current land values in industrial?
- What are the economics of value-add development in industrial assets
Building platforms: How to create value through an operational strategy
- How are different investors taking on operational risk and looking to gain critical mass in alternative markets?
- How are investors calculating the optimal value balance between operational excellence and the added cost incurred?
- What are the lessons learnt in working with operating partners?
- How are investors deciding when to integrate operational management and when to outsource?
Chair’s closing remarks
Close of day two and networking drinks reception
PERE Europe Forum 2022 - REC Borrowers & Lenders Forum & PERE ESG & Impact Forum - Thursday 16th
Welcome to REC Borrowers & Lenders Forum & chair’s opening remarks
Outlook for the real estate debt and finance market in Europe
- What will be the impact of inflation and rising interest rates on the real estate finance market in the coming 2-3 years?
- How are institutional investors looking at the role of real estate debt within their portfolios?
- What have the most notable deals taking place in the market in the last year?
End of forbearance: what will be the impact on debt portfolios?
- Looking back at the ‘pandemic era’ – what have been the main lessons learnt for lenders and borrowers?
- How are banks’ real estate lending strategies in Europe changing and what will be the impact on alternative lenders?
- What are the expectations on the levels of distressed debt in the market in the coming few years?
- How will the increase in interest rates impact the real estate lending market?
Case study: deal under the spotlight
09:00 - 09:05 Welcome to PERE ESG & Impact Forum & chair’s opening remarks
Fund investors’ perspectives on real estate sustainability
- What information demands are fund investors making on their real estate fund mangers when it comes to sustainability?
- Does investors’ drive to clean their portfolios means inefficient and currently unsustainable assets are jettisoned rather than ‘greened’?
- How high is sustainability on the agenda for different types of institutional investors?
Leveraging ESG for value creation in real estate
- How can the influence of ESG in investment decision-making and asset management be maximised?
- What are the risks of ignoring a robust ESG effort?
- What examples do we have where ESG performance lead to higher valuation or yields?
- How are funds going about engaging tenets on sustainability and just how crucial is this as an aspect of ESG performance?
- How can funds plan a cost-efficient transition at the portfolio-level?
Overview of regulatory developments and the implications for real estate
- Making sense of SFDR, are you an article 8 or article 9 fund and what are the implications?
- How can you create value out of SFDR and EU taxonomy and help to position as an investor?
- What are the most notable upcoming regulations across key jurisdictions such as the FCA and EU?
- Discover where the key legal risks are when making impact claims and how efforts to stamp-out impact washing will evolve
Borrowers’ perspectives on the current financing climate
Lending to ‘hard-hit’ sectors: offices, retail and hospitality
- At what price do more risky sectors become attractive to lenders?
- How have lending volumes to ‘embattled’ real estate sectors fared over the covid period?
- To what extent is retail activity bounced back?
- How are lenders vetting opportunities in traditional sectors and have there been significant adjustments to their risk appetite/underwriting?
Structuring and launching a real estate impact fund
- How much appetite is there from impact allocators for real estate orientated product?
- What are the main considerations when launching an impact offering or product?
- To what extent should ‘impact investment’ thinking be integrated into mainstream investments?
- To what extent are returns concessionary?
Creating an affordable housing investment strategy
- What are the best examples of affordable housing models around the world that have taken off?
- How crucial is collaboration with local and national government– and what the lessons learnt in engaging public institutions and bodies?
- How is ‘affordability’ calculated?
- How do investors that are looking to maximise returns balancing this with the need for ‘affordable’, below-market-rate rents?
How are lenders adjusting their underwriting to alternative sectors?
Sustainability-linked loans: how are lenders incentivising impact and ESG in their portfolio?
Applying wellness as a value add to real estate assets
- What does the concept of ‘wellness’ in a real estate context?
- How is wellness calculated and to what extent does it add a premium to rents and tenet satisfaction?
- What example exist of buildings that have high ‘wellness’ ratings?
- How can the concept best be applied in different sectors?
Going beyond a commitment: what does a net-zero real estate strategy mean in practice?
- How are managers measuring the carbon footprint from your existing portfolio?
- What are the main barriers being encountered on the net-zero pathway?
- How to reduce your energy usage in buildings via technology solutions?
- What are the leading frameworks which funds can use to build a climate strategy around?
Innovation and digitisation in real estate lending
Concluding session – TBC
To rebuild or upgrade: calculating embodied carbon in real estate assets
- To what extent should buildings be upgraded rather than built from scratch – what the carbon cost of new buildings relative to building upgrades?
- What are the extra capex requirements in making buildings green?
- What policies and practices can be applied to minimise ‘embodied carbon’ during construction?
- How are investors attempting to increase the sustainability of existing stock?
The role of natural capital solutions in achieving net zero
- What types of investments are part of a natural capital strategy and how are these applied to the built environment?
- To what extent should carbon credits be a part of a net zero portfolio claim?
- To what extent should forestry and other organic carbon capture investment be part of climate strategy?
End of forums
No.11 Cavendish Square, London W1G 0AN
To help keep you and your peers safe, here are the entry requirements you need to know ahead of the event.
If you are vaccinated
To enter the event, you are required:
- To show an official vaccine certificate*
- We also request evidence of a negative lateral flow test/rapid antigen test** taken within 24 hours of arrival at the event venue.
If you are not vaccinated
To enter the event, you are required:
- To show evidence of a negative lateral flow test/rapid antigen test**
* Proof of vaccination means a NHS Covid Pass on the NHS app for UK residents, the official Covid app from your country of residence or an official vaccination certificate.
** Proof of a negative test result means an NHS text message or an email/certificate confirming registration of a negative lateral flow/antigen or PCR test result.
Latest Covid-19 guideline from the UK Government
PEI is working with our venue partners to ensure the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness.
This includes a deep clean pre-event and continuous sanitisation during the event, with a focus on high-contact areas such as lifts, staircases, door handles, restrooms and food and beverage delivery points.
In tandem with venue measures, PEI encourages attendees to to take full advantage of hand sanitisation stations around the venue.
Personal protective equipment (PPE)
Attendees and staff at all PEI events may be required to use items of PPE in accordance with local government and health authority regulations. This could include wearing a face covering, the use of gloves and/or face screens in certain positions. Joining instructions will make requirements clear and PEI staff will advise on site.
Where possible PEI will encourage attendees to minimise their contacts. This the event registration process and also contact between attendees. PEI encourages all attendees to avoid close social contact such as hand-shakes and to find digital alternatives to exchanging details rather than business cards.
PEI will encourage participants to maintain appropriate distances between each other at all times.
Attendee numbers and density
PEI will assess and manage in line with local government and health authority mandates the number of delegates in the event space and the flow of attendee traffic in and out of plenary and break-out rooms and around exhibition rooms and other meeting spaces.
We will institute one-way systems around venues as appropriate, including generous, phased entry-times to the venue and rooms, on-site signage and floor markings. Colleagues will be on hand to assist attendees.
In line with local government regulations PEI may follow screening and testing protocols to enable attendance of the event. We will communicate those requirements in good time for attendees to make arrangements, should they be necessary before arrival at the venue.
Track and trace
We will work with local authorities as required to track, trace and contact attendees in line with the applicable privacy legislation.
Qualified first-aid staff will be ready to assist anyone falling ill for whatever reason. In the event of any attendee suffering Covid-related symptoms, the PEI team will follow local health guidance in ensuring the safety of all participants.
The 17th Europe Summit will be held in person in London and available virtually on our easy-to-use platform.
Start conversations with investors easier, maximize your exposure around the influential members, and build stronger relationships with global peers.
Attendance at the Summit is now exclusive to Global Passport members – our industry-leading LP/GP network. Book a tour to see how, in addition to attendance at the PERE Europe Summit, membership can help grow your business.
Members of our global network
Europe Summit attendees get more
By attending the Europe Summit you will join real estate’s most influential global network. Being a member will give you access to:
- Attend the Europe Summit in London
- All of PERE’s global events
- PERE Connect – our new tailored networking service
- Access to the investor directory
- Frequent virtual and in-person networking opportunities
- And much more …