PERE Europe returns to London for its sixteenth year on 17-18 November 2020. Built by PERE’S award-winning editorial team, PERE Europe consistently delivers authoritative speakers, thought-provoking discussions across the European investment market and powerful networking opportunities.
More than 300 institutional investors and fund managers were in attendance at the forum last year to discuss the latest European real estate trends, biggest deals and latest capital raising strategies taking place across the continent.
PERE’s editorial content and data provides high-quality content through its objective and in-dept coverage, keeping you abreast of industry movements on a global scale.
This forum is co-located with the PERE Debt & Finance Forum.
Book now to reserve your place
PERE has a long-standing history of connecting the private real estate community, providing high-quality content through its objective and in-depth coverage, keeping you abreast of industry movements on a global scale.
Register your interest today to immerse yourself in this insightful market intelligence.
Meet with global managers and service providers to understand the current real estate investment environment to explore the trends that will influence your investment strategies.
Meet the region’s most insightful investors and hear perspectives on the current industry climate from all aspects of the global real estate community.
Network with the investors and fund managers who are influencing and innovating in the private real estate world in one location.
Connect with some of the biggest investors in real estate including
10+ Hours of Networking
Executive Managing Director, Real Capital Analytics
PERE offers a great opportunity to network with senior industry professionals. Fantastic two days.
Head of Investments - Europe, Oxford Properties
A very informative and enjoyable conference with great attendees and speakers.
A great opportunity to hear and connect with senior industry professionals.
The PERE Debt and Finance forum is your opportunity to connect with Europe’s most active debt fund managers, insurance companies, institutional investors, traditional bank lenders and borrowers as they discuss the biggest trends and latest developments in the real estate debt market.
Founder & CEO, Uncommon
Senior Managing Director, Greystar
Executive Director - EMEA Capital Markets Research & Strategy, JLL
Managing Director, Real Estate and Private Equity, MUFG
Executive Chairman, M7 Real Estate
Managing Partner, Smartotels Group Holdings
Chief Executive Officer - Europe, Panattoni Europe
Senior Investment Manager International Real Estate, ATP Real Estate
Regional Vice President of Real Estate, WeWork EMEA
Director - Real Estate, GRESB
Chief Investment Officer - Real Estate, Norges Bank Investment Management
Managing Director - Global Real Estate & Infrastructure, APG Asset Management
Head of Fundraising - Europe, Kennedy Wilson Europe
Partner, Co-Head, European Real Estate Equity, Ares Management
Chief Executive Officer, Cedar Capital
Managing Director and Co-Portfolio Manager Europe Real Estate, Angelo Gordon
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate, Starwood Capital
Managing Director - Real Estate Technology, Fifth Wall
Head of Property Funds, Irish Life Investment Managers
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Investments - Europe, CPPIB
Managing Director, Green Street Advisors
Chief Executive, Fiera Real Estate UK Division
Founder and Managing Director, Radar Holdings
CEO AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets, Member of AXA IM Management Board, AXA IM
CEO, LCI Investment Company
Senior Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Europe, Blackstone
Global Head of Real Estate and Deputy Head of Private Markets, Aberdeen Standard Investments
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Europe, Carlyle Real Estate Advisors
Managing Director, BlackRock Real Assets
Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman
CEO, Allianz Real Estate
Global Portfolio Strategist, CBRE Global Investors
Director of Research - Real Assets, Aviva Investors
Managing Partner and Head of Brookfield’s Real Estate Activities in Europe, Brookfield Asset Management
Chief Investment Officer, Aviva Investors Real Assets
Managing Director - Head of Group Real Estate, Zurich
Regional Head - UK and Ireland, Equiem
Day 1 - Tuesday 17th
Registration & Networking
Introduction by PERE and welcome from the Chair
Keynote address: State of play - the geopolitical and macroeconomic factors impacting real estate investments
- Modelling cashflows against the backdrop of Covid-19 and the current downturn
- Implications of current/anticipated fiscal and monetary policy post Brexit
- Deploying capital: structural versus cyclical strategies
- Investing in a ‘lower-for longer’ interest rate environment
- Does rising inequality pose a risk to traditional underwriting assumptions?
- Risk of deflation and the impact on real assets
Keynote investor panel: Scene-setting - European real estate’s largest investors survey the landscape as we enter a new decade
- Downturn preparation: how are investors looking at their real estate portfolios in the aftermath of the recent dislocation?
- Asset allocation: what role do absolute return strategies play versus relative performance ones?
- Risk management: managing risk against the cyclicality of underlying markets and asset life cycles (tenant rollover, obsolescence risk)
- Defensive investment strategies: what from will these take?
- Should investors assume historically low yields are the new market norm?
- Deployment strategies to cyclically time investments
Moderator: Edward Tran, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman
Partner, Katten Muchin RosenmanRead bio
Managing Director - Global Real Estate & Infrastructure, APG Asset ManagementRead bio
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Investments - Europe, CPPIBRead bio
CEO AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets, Member of AXA IM Management Board, AXA IMRead bio
CEO, Allianz Real EstateRead bio
Coffee & Networking
Global perspectives - what are leading fund managers predicting for the next decade?
- Assessing the impact of recent disruption on private real estate investment
- Where are leading fund managers seeing opportunities in the current downturn?
- How have defensive portfolio strategies fared under the current market conditions?
- Which sectors will benefit from technological disruption and who will be more vulnerable as a result?
- Outlook on the rates/yield environment
- The growth of broader return target vehicles
- Mega trends and structural shifts impacting real estate investment; technology, sustainability, demographics, E-commerce and migration
Managing Director and Co-Portfolio Manager Europe Real Estate, Angelo GordonRead bio
Senior Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Europe, BlackstoneRead bio
Managing Director and Head of Real Estate Europe, Carlyle Real Estate AdvisorsRead bio
Managing Director, BlackRock Real AssetsRead bio
Chief Investment Officer, Aviva Investors Real AssetsRead bio
Delivering people-centric buildings: how occupier demands are changing real estate
- The flexible revolution: what’s working and what’s not?
- The health & wellness trend: how important is it to tenants?
- Need for speed: rating buildings by internet connectivity
- Beyond location: what are the key drivers influencing real estate decisions
Hospitality investments and the impact of Covid-19
- To what extent is tourism and leisure spending recovering?
- What is the state of the hospitality sector coming out of the crisis and how has it impacted return prospects for investors?
- Will bank lendors support hotel owners in a medium-term downturn scenario and if so, how?
- Can serviced apartments protect owners from a protracted downturn?
Responsible and sustainable real estate: turning ESG from a cost center to a value creator
- Reshaping your business to deliver social and financial returns
- How to measure ESG commitments
- Impact investing: creating economic value and positive outcomes for society
- Increasing engagement with landlord and tenants
Moderator: Peter Papadakos, Managing Director, Green Street Advisors
The right fit? Real estate investors explain what they look for in a partner or co-investor
- Is operational expertise a real competitive differentiator?
- Proving the method is functional and repeatable
- Does a desire to consolidate manager relationships put a premium on operational prowess?
- Getting transparency on remuneration
Coffee & Networking
Assessing the relative value of financial and real assets in a downturn
- What will be the lasting impacts on real estate from the coronavirus crisis?
- Which sectors have been the most impacted and how will this play into funds’ strategies going forward?
- Where is the best relative investment value by region, sector, state of development, public or private?
- How does real estate compare against other real assets and alternatives?
- Why, in a low-return environment, do real assets offer relatively stronger returns as compared to financial assets?
- What are the implications for portfolio allocations to real assets?
Networking Roundtables – Led by an expert moderator, the roundtables will create an informal environment to discuss and debate opportunities and challenges across different private real estate strategies. Delegates will be able to move around tables, maximizing networking and learning opportunities.
- Regis vs WeWork management contracts vs long leases
- Buy and operate vs lease and operate models
- Where do more niche strategies fit in?
- The rise of side products; triple net lease
- One stop shop: dealing with manager consolidation
- How to capitalize on an emerging opportunity
- What exactly is co-living and how best to invest in the space?
- First time funds; what do investors want to see before making a commitment?
Networking Drinks Reception
Day 2 - Wednesday 18th
Investor breakfast (by invitation only)
Registration & Networking
Welcome from the Chair
PERE Predictions: 2020 and beyond
Europe’s rising stars – investing in cities outside London, Paris, Frankfurt and Amsterdam
At the beginning of this session, the audience will be polled to find out which “second-tier” city is their top pick for 2020. The poll will be repeated at the end to see if our experts have been able to sway the vote.
Each speaker will have a maximum of 10 minutes to present the investment case for their chosen city before opening it up to discussion and debate from the floor.
We will also discuss the coronavirus crisis response in each city and how the real estate market has been impacted.
Talking resi: how to best tackle Europe’s housing shortage
- Affordable housing: are rent caps/controls the right answer?
- Pan-Europe vs. country-specific: what is the better approach?
- The impact of opportunistic players: are higher returns realistic?
- The role of local government and how to partner with housing authorities
Coffee & Networking
Cutting edge: how technology is changing real estate business models
- The impact of automation on tenants’ space needs
- How greater data transparency affects commercial real estate investment activity
- Who are the winners and losers from tech-related disruption?
- Using tech and digitisation to improve the tenant and end user experience
The future of real estate: redefining the owner/operator relationship
- Achieving value: active operational management versus passive ownership
- Key considerations when choosing an operating partner
- How owners are becoming more active operators by tackling tenant needs
- Addressing labour shortages in the logistics industry
Under the microscope: case studies
High profile European RE deals examined. Get a behind the scenes look at what’s been happening in H1 2020
Close of conference
2020 Sponsor include
PERE Europe offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by aligning themselves with the information provider for the private real estate industry.
For more information on the available sponsorship opportunities contact:
Christopher Wagland, Business Development -EMEA
E: email@example.com | T: +44 (0) 0207 566 5475