Scaling emerging market investment in a post-pandemic world
Join, learn from and network with a global delegation focused on investment opportunities in emerging markets.
The forum will bring together emerging market specialists with investors keen to put capital to work outside OECD nations.
Advance your fundraising
Connect with a global audience of investors with an interest in emerging markets and benefit from focused networking with the right people.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Explore the role of infrastructure in achieving net-zero, understand the landscape of digital investment and supply of investable projects, look at collaboration with development banks and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Emerging Markets Forum is part of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Emerging Markets Forum - Monday 18th
Introduction from Infrastructure Investor
Welcome from the chair
Outlook of emerging market infrastructure in a post-pandemic world
- Overview of government plans to ‘build back better’ post-pandemic and the role of private capital
- Exploring the relative attractiveness of growth markets vs developed nations for the coming decade
- Exploring the pandemic impact on the infrastructure pipeline across jurisdictions and what opportunities will emerge as a result
Head Of International Private Capital Funds Strategy, Herbert Smith FreehillsRead bio
Luis Fernando Lopes
Partner & Chief Economist, Patria InvestmentsRead bio
Senior Partner, Africa50 Infrastructure Acceleration FundRead bio
Director – Infrastructure Finance, Asian Development BankRead bio
Comparing regulatory environments: is it becoming easier for private capital to access opportunities?
- Discussing the safest and riskiest sectors from a regulatory and political perspective
- Best practices in engaging in a constructive dialogue with regulators and governments
- Where are regulatory developments creating the biggest opportunities and what are the most significant barriers to investment
- Will the government budget constraints as a result of the pandemic lead to an increase PPP activity?
- Lessons across jurisdictions in strengthening PPP frameworks
Partner, Private Equity and Investment Funds, GoodwinRead bio
Executive Director, LTIIARead bio
CEO, Global Infrastructure HubRead bio
Helmut Von Glasenapp
Secretary-General, European Long-Term Investors AssociationRead bio
Michel Andre Volle
Global Head of Funding and Investors Relations, MeridiamRead bio
Coffee & networking
The role of infrastructure in achieving SDGs and net-zero in emerging economies
- Which assets are contributing towards the greatest social and environmental impact and how can they be scaled
- How can private capital aid carbon-neutral goals in developing economies outside of renewables investment?
- Rebuilding and rebalancing existing base of power generation towards low carbon technologies
International Expert in Sustainable Infrastructure and Sustainable Value Chains, South Pole GroupRead bio
Managing Director and Head of Infrastructure Investments, Africa50Read bio
Head of Sustainability, ActisRead bio
Partner and Head of Infrastructure Brazil, Patria InvestmentsRead bio
Director - Climate, Energy, Extractives, Financial & Capital Markets , MIGARead bio
Defining and mitigating climate risks to infrastructure projects
- Investor views on addressing physical climate risks in their investment models
- Building resilience into existing assets – where is innovation able to mitigate risk and protect value
- Exploring case studies that have significantly dealt with climate-related risks on infrastructure assets
Partner, Sustainable Finance, SYSTEMIQRead bio
Strategic Financial Adviser, CCRI, Climate Finance 2050Read bio
Associate, Infrastructure, GRESBRead bio
Senior Investment Director, STOA Infra & EnergyRead bio
Director, Adaptation and Resilience, S&P Global RatingsRead bio
- Attendees to Ballroom for the keynote
Keynote: ‘The Key Man’ explored- lessons learned from the fall of Abraaj
- Red flags. What should investors be on the look out for?
- Alignment of interest and the social licence to operate. Making stakeholder engagement a priority
- Doing well and doing good: opportunities and limitations of impact investing
Networking lunch with ESG and Sustainability & Social Infrastructure Forums
Collaboration with development banks: sector and country cases
- Exploring how to enhance the bankability of projects with blended finance solutions and development bank involvement across sectors such as roads, transportation, digital and energy (renewable and conventional)
- Debate the right models for project financing in emerging jurisdictions
- Understand the landscape of deal flow and investments across Latin America, APAC and Africa and what has changed in the last two years
Coffee & networking
The landscape of digital investment opportunities in growth markets
- Profiling of digital penetration and connectivity across jurisdictions, existing infrastructure and supply of investable projects
- Outlook on regulatory landscape concerning digital infra and how is political risk affecting exit options for investors
- Fixed-fee vs revenue-sharing models – which model is more suited to change the economic case for investing in rural telecoms infrastructure
Future-proofing the energy transition in emerging markets
- Overview of the evolving energy mix across APAC, Africa and Latin America
- Assessing the prospects for wind and solar projects in key markets
- How to achieve scale, manage development risk & construct viable revenue models
- The role of distributed generation and storage to create future-proof, leaner energy systems