The Energy Transition Forum took place on 12 October 2020 and allowed attendees to learn from and network with a truly international delegation focused on investment opportunities in renewables and the energy transition. The Forum bought together over 400 participants including institutional investors, fund managers, utility firms, project developers, investment banks and many more to discuss the biggest global investment opportunity of the century.
Were in attendance to network with over 60 investors with an interest in renewable markets and discuss emerging opportunities in areas including energy storage, smart grid and much more.
Attended to gain the perfect introduction to an increasingly important part of the global infrastructure market and the opportunity to network with other investors as well as the wider industry.
With renewable energy causing a radical change to power markets across the world, and more disruption on its way. It is important for energy companies across the globe to adapt.
- Investor viewpoint: manager selection as funds move into increasingly diverse strategies.
- Why the outlook for solar is brighter than ever.
- How and when should infrastructure funds invest in EV charging.
- An assessment of global risk/return profiles: how much risk is too much.
- How should investors manage long-term merchant risk?
- The continued rise of corporate PPAs for infrastructure investors.
World-leading infrastructure managers that attended in 2020 include:
Senior Vice President, BCI
If you are serious about infrastructure investing, Infrastructure Investor’s Global Summit should be a fixture in your calendar.
Executive Director, Conquest AM
The Global Summit is the best event to meet peers, investors and keep up-to-date on the key challenges & opportunities the asset class faces today.
To meet so many people in such a short time is not possible without the Summit.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Dr Ayesha Khanna
Co-Founder and CEO,
Sustainable Adventurer and Founder,
Plug Me In
Senior Advisor, Finadvice
CEO, Global Wind Energy Council
Senior Reporter, Infrastructure Investor
Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, NextEnergy Capital
Founding Partner & Group CEO, NextEnergy Capital
Head of Partnerships and Portfolio Management, Aquila Capital
Group Chief Strategy Officer, Lightsource BP
Director, Private Markets - bfinance
Head of Investor Relations, SDCL
Managing Director - Head of Clean Energy Infrastructure - Europe, Capital Dynamics
Head of Infrastructure, KGAL
Associate Electric Vehicles, Bloomberg New Energy Finance
Senior Investment Manager, Skandia Norden
Chief Investment Officer, Gridserve
Senior Principal, AFRY Management Consulting
Superfunds Correspondent, Infrastructure Investor
Co-Head of Private Equity, Feri Trust
Co-Founder and CEO , ADDO AI
Managing Director, Energy Brainpool
Head of Transaction Management Infrastructure, KGAL
Senior Investment Manager, Ireland Strategic Investment Fund
Partner and Portfolio Manager - Greencoat Solar, Greencoat Capital
Chief Executive Officer, Gore Street Capital
Managing Director, BlackRock Renewable Power, Global CIO and Head of Europe, BlackRock
Investment Director, GLIL Infrastructure LLP
Head of Partnerships & Structured Solutions, Ørsted
Group Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director, Mainstream Renewable Power
Investor & Advisor in Real Assets, Independent
Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Securities
Managing Partner, Megawatt-X
Managing Director, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, Green Investment Group
Managing Director - Head of EMEA, Cubico Sustainable Investments
Managing Partner, Rhynland
Sustainable Adventurer and Founder, Plug Me In
Managing Director, IKAV
Partner, Foresight Group
Day 1 - Thursday 15th
Welcome from Infrastructure Investor
The Maturing of the Energy Transition: Opportunities in a merchant-power world
- An assessment of global risk/return profiles: How much risk is too much?
- Are return expectations in recently raised funds realistic?
- Specialisation into new technologies & geographies
- Where do investors expect opportunities in the next 5 years?
Moderator: Frédéric Palanque, Partner, Conquest
Partner, ConquestRead bio
Founding Partner & Group CEO, NextEnergy CapitalRead bio
Head of Infrastructure, KGALRead bio
Partner, ActisRead bio
Managing Director - Head of EMEA, Cubico Sustainable InvestmentsRead bio
Investor viewpoint: Portfolio allocation and manager selection as funds move into increasingly diverse strategies post-FIT
- Where are the investor allocations to renewables coming from?
- Do investors expect to increase their allocations to renewables?
- Views on fund managers diversifying into new technologies and geographies
- To what extent should investors be comfortable with greenfield risk on renewable assets?
Moderator: Dan Wells, Partner, Foresight Group
Perspectives on the energy transition
- Outlining why more institutional capital is flowing into green energy
- Assessing levels of policy support in the US and Europe
- Who will shape the future energy landscape? What role will infrastructure funds play?
- Disruption of business models for utilities, positioning yourself for the new world order
Coffee & networking
Power price update: How can investors manage long-term merchant risk?
- The changing dynamics of power price risk in a decarbonised world
- What does the decoupling of electricity mean for power markets?
- Changes that investors need to be aware of in the long-term
The continued evolution of the PPA market in a post-subsidy world
- Are long-term PPA’s outdated for the current environment? What are the reasons for more short term PPA’s being seen?
- What are the specific risks involved? What would a significant drop-in energy prices mean for investors?
- Predictions for future growth of the PPA market
Moderator: Daniel Kemp, Superfunds Correspondent, Infrastructure Investor
Superfunds Correspondent, Infrastructure InvestorRead bio
Partner and Portfolio Manager - Greencoat Solar, Greencoat CapitalRead bio
Managing Director, BlackRock Renewable Power, Global CIO and Head of Europe, BlackRockRead bio
Group Chief Financial Officer and Executive Director, Mainstream Renewable PowerRead bio
Constantin von Wasserschleben
Managing Director, IKAVRead bio
Keynote Presentation – Smart Cities 2.0: The Future of Urban Living
The funding opportunity and challenges with development and construction of renewable assets?
- Additional returns from development and construction stages
- What are key skills in teams to pursue development and construction successfully?
- Alternative investment structures to capture development stage / mitigate risks across
- Where are the key development pipelines to focus on?
- Examples from successful fund managers – developer partnerships and key lessons learnt
Why are infrastructure investors increasingly drawn to offshore wind?
- How technological innovations are increasing profitability
- How storage can be used alongside wind to balance the system
- Lessons learned from the recent UK power cut
- How PPAs can increase the bankability of wind
Moderator: Karl Smith, Managing Director, Green Investment Group
Managing Director, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets, Green Investment GroupRead bio
CEO, Global Wind Energy CouncilRead bio
Head of Partnerships and Portfolio Management, Aquila CapitalRead bio
Head of Partnerships & Structured Solutions, ØrstedRead bio
Why the outlook for solar is brighter than ever
- Comparing default rates to wind and other renewable investments
- How can solar be integrated better into the power system?
- Latest technological developments in solar particularly combining with batteries and what this means for potential returns
- How do long-term PPAs perform in the European solar market?
Moderator: Katherine Vinnicombe, Director and Founder, Impact Energy Partners
Managing Partner and Chief Investment Officer, NextEnergy CapitalRead bio
Group Chief Strategy Officer, Lightsource BPRead bio
Managing Director - Head of Clean Energy Infrastructure - Europe, Capital DynamicsRead bio
Managing Partner, Megawatt-XRead bio
EV Charging Outlook Presentation
How and when should infrastructure funds invest in EV charging
- What characteristics make this sector so attractive – what are the different revenue streams?
- Is this an infrastructure play? When will it be a viable investment for infrastructure investors?
- What are the challenges for this sector?
- Getting institutional investors comfortable with EV charging?
- What are your predictions for the role of infrastructure investors in EV charging in 2030?
Moderator: Jeffrey Altman, Senior Advisor, Finadvice AG
Understanding how investors can make money from energy storage
- Lessons learned to date from fund managers
- Specific risks associated with storage: How to make it bankable
- Increasing the efficiency of storage whilst scaling technology & reducing costs
- Which model is more attractive? Pure storage or storage? Utility-Scale-Micro Projects
Moderator: Lars Kyrberg, Partner, Bird & Bird
Partner, Bird & BirdRead bio
Head of Investor Relations, SDCLRead bio
Senior Investment Manager, Ireland Strategic Investment FundRead bio
Chief Executive Officer, Gore Street CapitalRead bio
Managing Partner, RhynlandRead bio
Coffee & networking
Keynote: The growing power of EVs
Wiebe Wakke travelled for 3 years in an EV relying on the kindness of strangers to fund his journey. This keynote speech will tell his epic story. With infrastructure investors increasingly looking towards EV as an investment opportunity, Wiebe’s story should be of great interest
Outlining the reasons fund managers are looking to Eastern Europe for returns
- Which countries offer the most exciting opportunities?
- Comparing regulatory and legal frameworks in different parts of Europe
- Strategies for gaining a foothold in the region
Moderator: Zak Bentley, Senior Reporter, Infrastructure Investor
Close of conference
2021 Sponsorship Opportunities