Scaling emerging market investment in a post-pandemic world
Join, learn from and network with a global delegation focused on investment opportunities in emerging markets.
The forum will bring together emerging market specialists with investors keen to put capital to work outside OECD nations.
Advance your fundraising
Connect with a global audience of investors with an interest in emerging markets and benefit from focused networking with the right people.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Explore the role of infrastructure in achieving net-zero, understand the landscape of digital investment and supply of investable projects, look at collaboration with development banks and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Emerging Markets Forum is part of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Day 1 - Monday 18th
Introduction from Infrastructure Investor
Welcome from the chair
Outlook of emerging market infrastructure in a post-pandemic world
- Overview of government plans to ‘build back better’ post-pandemic and the role of private capital
- Exploring the relative attractiveness of growth markets vs developed nations for the coming decade
- Exploring the pandemic impact on the infrastructure pipeline across jurisdictions and what opportunities will emerge as a result
Partner, I Squared CapitalRead bio
Chief Executive Officer and Chairman, Africa InvestorRead bio
Managing Partner and CEO, A.P. Møller CapitalRead bio
Director General, Private Sector Operations Department, Asian Development BankRead bio
Executive Director & Chief Strategy Officer, NIIFRead bio
Comparing regulatory environments: is it becoming easier for private capital to access opportunities?
- Discussing the safest and riskiest sectors from a regulatory and political perspective
- Best practices in engaging in a constructive dialogue with regulators and governments
- Where are regulatory developments creating the biggest opportunities and what are the most significant barriers to investment
Strengthening PPPs frameworks: what are the lessons across jurisdictions?
- Hear from policy makers and development banks on the lessons and recommendations in building robust PPP frameworks
- Will the government budget constraints as a result of the pandemic lead to an increase PPP activity?
Coffee & networking
The role of infrastructure in achieving SDGs and net-zero in emerging economies
- Which assets are contributing towards the greatest social and environmental impact and how can they be scaled
- How can private capital aid carbon-neutral goals in developing economies outside of renewables investment?
- Rebuilding and rebalancing existing base of power generation towards low carbon technologies
Defining and mitigating climate risks to infrastructure projects
- Investor views on addressing physical climate risks in their investment models
- Building resilience into existing assets – where is innovation able to mitigate risk and protect value
- Exploring case studies that have significantly dealt with climate-related risks on infrastructure assets
Keynote: Keynote: ‘The Key Man’ explored- lessons learned from the fall of Abraaj
- Red flags. What should investors be on the look out for?
- Alignment of interest and the social licence to operate. Making stakeholder engagement a priority
- Doing well and doing good: opportunities and limitations of impact investing
Networking lunch with ESG and Sustainability & Social Infrastructure Forums
Collaboration with development banks: sector and country cases
- Exploring how to enhance the bankability of projects with blended finance solutions and development bank involvement across sectors such as roads, transportation, digital and energy (renewable and conventional)
- Debate the right models for project financing in emerging jurisdictions
- Understand the landscape of deal flow and investments across Latin America, APAC and Africa and what has changed in the last two years
Case study: the growing infrastructure pipeline in Latin America
Coffee & networking
The landscape of digital investment opportunities in growth markets
- Profiling of digital penetration and connectivity across jurisdictions, existing infrastructure and supply of investable projects
- Outlook on regulatory landscape concerning digital infra and how is political risk affecting exit options for investors
- Fixed-fee vs revenue-sharing models – which model is more suited to change the economic case for investing in rural telecoms infrastructure
Future-proofing the energy transition in emerging markets
- Overview of the evolving energy mix across APAC, Africa and Latin America
- Assessing the prospects for wind and solar projects in key markets
- How to achieve scale, manage development risk & construct viable revenue models
- The role of distributed generation and storage to create future-proof, leaner energy systems
Closing comment from the chair
All three forums convene in the Ballroom for the opening keynote of the Global Summit
Followed by Q&A with the audience