The Agri Investor Tokyo Forum on 14 September will connect Japan’s leading institutional investors with opportunities in global agriculture, timberland, food, and natural capital.
Build relationships with GPIF, Japan Post Bank, Nippon Life Insurance, Norinchukin Bank, Zenkyoren, and many more who frequently attend our Tokyo events to discover the best outbound investment opportunities.
Join the Forum to discover what Japanese investors are looking for in a global ag investment partner.
Connect with Japanese investors
Join Japan’s leading investors searching for global sustainable agriculture, food, and timberland investments.
Demonstrate your unique value
Showcase your firm’s distinctive advantages to Japan’s leading investors. Grow your business by creating relationships with the key players across the region.
Understand capital allocation tendencies
Identify how new and experienced Japanese investors are creating sustainable portfolios with natural capital investments across global markets.
Investors at our Japanese events include:
View crucial topics shaping the conference
Key agenda items include:
- Japanese investor appetite for natural capital investments
- Understanding how timberland and agriculture can create net-zero portfolios
- Market deep dives: Australia, Europe and North America
- Opportunities to invest in Agtech
- And more.
Harmony Agriculture and Food
Great opportunity to understand what is needed in Ag investment and how different sectors view the opportunity and risks of Ag investments.
A Pragmatic discussion about deploying capital into agri investments
Westpac Banking Corporation
Fantastic networking event and a chance to hear from experts how to make agri investments work.
Agri Investor Tokyo Forum - Wednesday 14th
Registration and Networking
Keynote Panel: Getting the lay of the land: why should Japanese LPs be investing in natural capital?
- Where does agri fit within a standard institutional investment portfolio?
- Which sectors and strategies present the best suitable for Japanese LPs? Understanding the basics of agri portfolio construction.
- Geography diversification – US vs. Australia vs. Europe – which markets are of key interest?
Panel: Understanding how Agri/Forestry fits in the alternative investing portfolio and its ESG/impact aspect
- How Agri complements the impact/ESG investing portfolio
- Understanding the role of regenerative agriculture
- Carbon offsetting and the role of agri in mitigating climate change
Investor Panel: Japanese investors perspectives on investing in the asset class
- Understanding Japanese LP’s appetite for the asset class
- What are the major challenges for investing in agri for LPs? On site due diligence, lack of gatekeeper?
- What is the manager the selection process? How do they select GPs?
Presentation: Water Case Study
Panel: Spotlight on Australia: Investing in Australian Agri
- The case for Oz – why can Australian agriculture be a great investment?
- Risk return profiles: how does Australia compare to the US & Europe?
- From farmland to water assets – where do the best opportunities lie?
Panel: Investing in Forestry & Timberland
- Understanding the risk return profile of timberland compared to agri
- How does forestry help diversity the portfolio?
- Timberland in the natural capital portfolio
Panel: The agtech investing opportunity
- Understanding the impact of robotics and automation in the agsector
- Agricultural innovation in vertical farming and aquaculture
- Agtech investing success cases studies
Closing remarks followed by Networking Cocktails
Research Director Agriculture and Global Change, The Commonwealth Scientific and Industrial Research Organisation (CSIRO)
Managing Director, Think Agri
Chief Executive Officer, AustOn Corporation
General Manager, Responsible Investment Office, Meiji Yasuda Life Insurance Company
General Manager, Alternative Investment Department, The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company
General Manager, ESG Investment Strategy Office, Finance and Investment Planning Department, Nippon Life
Chief Investment Officer, BUSSQ
General Manger, Foreign Equity and Alternative Investment Department, Nippon Life Insurance Company
Director, Institutional Business Asia Pacific, Hancock Natural Resource Group
Deputy President of Agribusiness Australia
Senior Managing Director and Head of Private Equity Investment Department, Japan Post Bank
Head of Real Asset Fund Investment Div., Alternative Investment Department, Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company
General Manager, Responsible Investment, Sumitomo Life Insurance
Managing Director, Private Market Investment Department, Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF)
Chief Executive Officer, Paraway Pastoral Co.
We help brands meet the right investors, close communication gaps, and maximise exposure among the influential natural capital investment community. Attendees are exclusively decision-makers at the leading Japanese investors and fund and asset managers across the region and globe.
Sponsorship gives you:
- Early access to networking and meet the right investors
- Opportunity to share your thought-leadership
- High-profile branding opportunities
- And much, much more …
Contact James Baker to discuss your branding and thought-leadership options.