The Agri Investor Tokyo Forum on 14 September will connect Japan’s leading institutional investors with opportunities in global agriculture, timberland, food, and natural capital.
Build relationships with GPIF, Japan Post Bank, Nippon Life Insurance, Norinchukin Bank, Zenkyoren, and many more who frequently attend our Tokyo events to discover the best outbound investment opportunities.
Join the Forum to discover what Japanese investors are looking for in a global ag investment partner.
Connect with Japanese investors
Join Japan’s leading investors searching for global sustainable agriculture, food, and timberland investments.
Demonstrate your unique value
Showcase your firm’s distinctive advantages to Japan’s leading investors. Grow your business by creating relationships with the key players across the region.
Understand capital allocation tendencies
Identify how new and experienced Japanese investors are creating sustainable portfolios with natural capital investments across global markets.
Meet our Keynote
CEO & CIO, The Agribusiness Investment & Consultation
Counsellor on Global Food & Agri Business to the President at the Norinchukin Bank
Hear Mr. Matsumoto’s latest analysis of the Japanese investor mindset and his unique perspective on natural capital investments in Japan and across the globe.
2022 Confirmed investor attendees include:
View crucial topics shaping the conference
Key agenda items include:
- Japanese investor appetite for natural capital investments
- Understanding how timberland and agriculture can create net-zero portfolios
- Market deep dives: Australia, Europe and North America
- Opportunities to invest in Agtech
- And more.
Harmony Agriculture and Food
Great opportunity to understand what is needed in Ag investment and how different sectors view the opportunity and risks of Ag investments.
A Pragmatic discussion about deploying capital into agri investments
Westpac Banking Corporation
Fantastic networking event and a chance to hear from experts how to make agri investments work.
Agri Investor Tokyo Forum - Wednesday 14th
Registration and Networking
Keynote Presentation: Investing in Food Value Chain and Japanese Agriculture
Keynote Panel: Getting the lay of the land: why should Japanese LPs be investing in natural capital?
- Where does agri fit within a standard institutional investment portfolio?
- Which sectors and strategies present the best suitable for Japanese LPs? Understanding the basics of agri portfolio construction.
- How Agri complements the impact/ESG investing portfolio
Executive Manager, Private Asset Investments, Strategic Fund Investment Group, Asset Management OneRead bio
Managing Director, Agriculture CapitalRead bio
Managing Director, Meros ConsultingRead bio
Deputy General Manager, Alternative Investment Group, Sumitomo Mitsui DS Asset ManagementRead bio
Investor Panel: Japanese investors perspectives on investing in the asset class
- Understanding Japanese LP’s appetite for the asset class
- What are the major challenges for investing in agri for LPs? On site due diligence, lack of gatekeeper?
- What is the manager the selection process? How do they select GPs?
Foreign Equity and Alternative Investment Department, Nissay Asset Management CorporationRead bio
Deputy General Manager, Corporate Finance Department, Division 3, Development Bank of JapanRead bio
Chief Investment Officer, Pension Fund of Japanese CorporationsRead bio
Managing Director, Soleil Global Advisors JapanRead bio
Interview: Spotlight on Australia: Investing in Australia Agri
- The case for Oz – why can Australian agriculture be a great investment?
- Risk return profiles: how does Australia compare to the US & Europe?
- From farmland to water assets – where do the best opportunities lie?
Panel: Investing in Forestry & Timberland
- Understanding the risk return profile of timberland compared to agri
- How does forestry help diversity the portfolio?
- Timberland in the natural capital portfolio
Panel: The agtech investing opportunity
- Understanding the impact of robotics and automation in the agsector
- Agricultural innovation in vertical farming and aquaculture
- Agtech investing success cases studies
Manager, Venture Capitalist (Agri/Food), Beyond Next Ventures
Managing Director, Agriculture Capital
APAC Editor, Agri Investor
Chief Investment Officer, Pension Fund of Japanese Corporations
Chief Executive Officer, G-Cubed Partners
Co CEO, SDG Impact Japan
Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, The Agribusiness Investment & Consultation
Founder and Managing Director, Laguna Bay
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Nihon Agri
Managing Director, Meros Consulting
Managing Director, Soleil Global Advisors Japan
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Routrek Networks
Deputy General Manager, Corporate Finance Department, Division 3, Development Bank of Japan
Executive Manager, Private Asset Investments, Strategic Fund Investment Group, Asset Management One
Director, Business Development & Investor Relations, Asia Pacific, Manulife Investment Management Timber and Agriculture
Foreign Equity and Alternative Investment Department, Nissay Asset Management Corporation
We help brands meet the right investors, close communication gaps, and maximise exposure among the influential natural capital investment community. Attendees are exclusively decision-makers at the leading Japanese investors and fund and asset managers across the region and globe.
Sponsorship gives you:
- Early access to networking and meet the right investors
- Opportunity to share your thought-leadership
- High-profile branding opportunities
- And much, much more …
Contact James Baker to discuss your branding and thought-leadership options.