The pandemic has shone a spotlight on challenges facing the world and diversity remains an area that businesses globally need to address to realise their full potential. The worlds’ leading diversity event focused on alternatives, the Women in Private Markets Summit is returning to London on 1-2 December. There will be additional opportunities for those unable to travel to participate remotely.
As part of the Women in Private Markets Summit, we are launching a cross-asset class virtual Networking Day on 20 May. The Women in Private Markets Networking Day agenda is designed to facilitate networking opportunities and covers topics of interest to practitioners across asset classes. Start your Women in Private Markets Summit experience in May and continue to access the networking platform and make connections before meeting at the Summit in December.
This year’s Women in Private Markets Summit will once again be co-located with the Women in Private Equity, Women in Infrastructure, Women in Real Estate and Women in Private Debt Forums. All registered attendees will have access to the four forums as well as the additional Networking Day allowing you to build your network across alternative asset classes. Book now to access the entire Women in Private Markets Summit.
What can you expect at the Women in Private Markets Summit?
Hear from industry leaders
Learn how they are actively addressing diversity within their own businesses and those they work with
Build your network
Connect with industry participants across private equity, infrastructure, private debt and real estate
Meet institutional investors
Hear from institutional investors who are looking to increase their exposure to private markets
Switch on your camera and make connections for 25 minutes. Join 4-minute randomly generated meetings to build your network across private markets.
The audience will be split into small working groups to discuss topics including co-investing, mentoring, virtual fundraising and gender lens investing.
Virtual Cocktail Hour
At the end of the day, participants will be split into small groups for 1 hour of networking with an expert host leading the discussion.
Previous attendees in 2020
Investment Operations Manager, The Church of England Pensions Board
An incredibly inspirational event that would be a real benefit to any woman or man, in the industry to attend.
Co-Founder, Astrid Advisors
A virtual success for Women in Private Markets Summit in 2020 with fantastic representation across the different asset classes and excellent content from the sp…
Managing Director, c*funds
Well curated, high-quality conference with the very best of industry passionate and practitioners. Lots of new insights and market trends. Cannot be missed!
Co-Founder, Astrid Advisors
A virtual success for Women in Private Markets Summit in 2020 with fantastic representation across the different asset classes and excellent content from the speakers. It was wonderful to meet so many different people I would not normally have met through speed networking. Thank you, PEI!
Day 1 - Thursday 20th
Networking discussion: Addressing diversity across Asian private markets
- How does gender diversity develop in the respective asset classes, private equity, infrastructure and real estate?
- What are the motivations of GPs and LPs moving toward gender balance in private markets?
- How important is diversity during the due diligence process?
- To what extent are senior leaders working with the recruitment team on diversity
Networking discussion: Fundraising in Asia: Tips and tricks from Asian LPs
- How are Asian LPs predicting the post covid-19 fundraising environment?
- What private markets sub-sectors are of interest?
- Which managers are grabbing the attention of LP’s?
- How are Asian LPs evaluating GPs and their ESG policies in the diligence process
Asia meets Europe: Speed networking
Randomly generated short 4-minute meetings to build your contacts across private markets. Meetings will be randomly generated over 25 minutes of intense networking. Be prepared to switch on your camera and make connections
LP Panel: Allocations to private markets in a recessionary environment
- How have private markets fared compared to other investments in recent months?
- Do LPs expect to grow their allocation to private markets?
- To what extent Is ESG / sustainability and impact growing in importance when deciding which funds and/ or strategies to invest with
- Views on benefits and risks associated with co-investing
- The state of virtual fundraising and will ‘normal’ ever return?
To what extent will the current crisis create an opportunity for managers in private markets?
- How are investment strategies changing to reflect the post-pandemic economy?
- Putting dry powder to work in a rapidly changing economy
- Views on macro risks of inflation, low interest rates, increased taxation & regulation
- Comparing how the different asset classes have performed in the past year
- Observation of crisis impact on current private portfolios?
- Sectors exploring the opportunities created by the covid crisis?
Networking Discussion: the continued growth of ESG across private markets
ESG has continued to rise up the agenda during the past year and ESG is playing a greater role in LPs and GPs’ due diligence processes. A scene setting presentation will be followed by splitting participants into small groups to discuss topics including
- Managing climate related risks
- The practical approach: path to net zero
- Integrating sustainability risks into investment decisions and portfolio management
- Using data and tools to gain transparency into the impact of ESG initiatives
- SDG implementation
- Lessons learnt: how to go beyond box-ticking exercises
Dalit Nuttall, Principal, West Valley Capital
Networking Discussion: fundraising and doing business remotely
Fundraising across private markets has stood up surprisingly well considering the disruption brought about by the pandemic. Whilst the situation creates its own issues (particularly for new managers), it is surprising how robust fundraising has been. This is your chance to discuss strategies & learnings from the past year in small groups, topics to be discussed include:
- Completing due diligence remotely
- How to build investor relationships in a virtual world
- Innovations and Learnings from the past year
- Expectations for when normal returns
- How to support emerging managers if there are potentially enduring travel restrictions: are LPs adapting?
Katja Salovaara, Senior Investment Officer – Private Equity, New York City Retirement Systems
Tracy Harris, Partner, Investor Relations & Product Strategy, Siris Capital Group
Lunchtime Presentation: ILPA Diversity in Action Update
Randomly generated 4-minute meetings to build your contacts across private markets. Meetings will be randomly generated over 30 minutes of intense networking. Be prepared to switch on your camera and make connections
Networking discussion: the rise of co-investing
Appetite for co-investments continues to grow across private markets and the pandemic has accelerated existing trends with GPs turning to co-investors to support their activities. Small group discussions will consider topics including
- Aligning investors and fund managers – collaboration
- Differences across asset classes and lessons learnt: private equity vs real estate or infrastructure?
- Opportunities created by the past year
- The blurring lines between secondaries and co-investments
Floortje Brouwers, Senior Vice President, GIC
Mentoring Advice: Advancing your career in private markets
This unique session will split the event into zoom meetings with a senior representative on each table guiding the discussion. It is a closed door, open conversation where attendees can benchmark ideas and share best practices to gain solutions for common concerns
Virtual cocktail hour
1. Gender lens investing – Alec Paxton, Acting Managing Director – Gender Lens Investing (2X), DFC
2. Infrastructure – Patricia Rodrigues Jenner, Non-Executive Director
3. LPs – Jennifer Choi, Managing Director, Industry Affairs, ILPA
More to be added