With a growing body of research showing that more diverse teams and inclusive workplaces directly correlates with stronger business outcomes, the issue of diversity in private equity real estate continues to move up the agenda.
The inaugural Women in Real Estate Forum will bring together over 600 delegates for open discussion on the latest issues facing the industry, as well as the opportunity to exchange ideas, initiate deals and forge new relationships.
This year’s event will be co-located with the Women in Infrastructure Forum and the Women in Private Equity Forum, in addition to the Women in Private Debt Forum, all registered attendees will have access to all events allowing you to build your network across alternative asset classes.
Brenda Trenowden CBE
Partner, PwC UK
Global co-chair of the 30% Club
Brenda’s presentation will highlight why increasing diversity and managing culture is a business imperative, in addition to offering practical advice for professionals aiming to succeed in a competitive environment.
An expert in workplace performance, culture and communications, Brenda has a particular focus on helping clients build better performance by improving diversity and inclusiveness in their workplaces.
Dictate the narrative
Interactive panel discussions, keynote interviews, networking roundtables, think tanks and an oxford style debate allow you to put forward your thoughts and shape this important discussion.
Build your network
Meet 600+ influential investors, fund managers and advisors from across the community and make the right connections to grow your business.
Identify key real estate opportunities and discover strategies for 2019 and beyond.
Attendees from the previous summit in 2018
The conference is very well organized, covering topics on both diversity awareness and key industry issues such as investing in emerging markets.
Director Investments & Financing, AviAlliance GmbH, Germany
It is an excellent forum for women of all levels of seniority to get to know each other, exchange views and hopefully to form professional relationships that ca…
Senior Analyst, I Squared Capital
It was inspiring to meet so many strong women who are excelling in this industry and raising awareness of the benefits of gender diversification.
Director Investments & Financing, AviAlliance GmbH, Germany
It is an excellent forum for women of all levels of seniority to get to know each other, exchange views and hopefully to form professional relationships that carry over into our working lives going forward.
Day 1 - Tuesday 5th
Registration & coffee
Chairperson’s opening remarks
Keynote speech – Why diversity and culture are a value driver in business
Brenda helps clients with all aspects of workplace performance, culture and communication. Brenda has a particular focus on helping her clients to achieve better business performance by improving both the diversity and inclusiveness of their workforces. She is a strong advocate for women’s economic empowerment and has been recognised with several awards for her global campaigning for greater gender balance across organisations as a voluntary, business-led imperative.
Heads of Private Markets: The themes that unify our asset classes
- What is driving the growth in private markets? Are we in a bubble?
- Putting money to work in an increasingly competitive environment
- To what extent do investors differentiate between asset classes? Where are their similarities?
- How can working together address talent deficits across private markets?
- What practical advice do industry leaders have for young people in the industry today?
Infrastructure: Andrew Blincoe, Head of Structured Finance, NatWest
Private Debt:Kirsten Bode, Co-Head of Private Debt, Pan Europe, Muzinch & Co
Real Estate: Amy Aznar, Head of Debt and Special Situations, LaSalle Investment Management
How are investor pressures driving change within the funds they invest in?
- To what extent are investors challenging fund managers on diversity across investments?
- How senior leaders across private markets are promoting social mobility?
- Highlighting case studies where lack of diversity has impacted an investment decision
- Comparing approaches to diversity across private markets, are there any differences?
- How does diversity compare with other factors in impacting where investors put their money?
Moderated by: Laurie Mahon, Vice-Chair, US Investment Banking, Global Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets
Partner, StepStone GroupRead bio
Coffee & networking
PERE chairperson’s opening remarks
State of Play: Where are we in the real estate cycle?
- How political and economic uncertainty are impacting real estate investment in London and elsewhere
- In which sectors and regions are leading fund managers seeing opportunities?
- Predictions for 2020 and beyond
Moderator by: Bonnie Calnan, Partner, Dentons
Partner, DentonsRead bio
Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Group UK & Ireland, DWSRead bio
Managing Director - Real Estate, Goldman SachsRead bio
Director - Real Assets European Research, BlackRockRead bio
Head of Business Development for Europe, AllianzRead bio
Why logistics is now a mainstream asset class
- How technology is transforming logistics
- Where are there still attractive opportunities in a competitive environment?
- What challenges lie ahead?
Integrating ESG in real estate investment strategies
- What are investors expectations regarding ESG? How are they evolving?
- Aligning sustainability and investment strategies across the portfolio
- ESG performance improvements: from risk reduction to value creation
Outlining the financial benefits of achieving gender balance in senior positions in real estate
Why is institutional appetite for the residential market increasing in Europe?
- How demographic change has created the perfect environment for residential
- Analysis of opportunities in emerging sub-sectors such as student homes & serviced apartments
- Are we in a residential bubble? What are the dangers for investors in this market?
Coffee & networking
Real Estate as a service: The hotelization of Real Estate
- Outlining the reasons for this trend
- Transforming buildings as part of a value creation strategy
- How does investment in more services and amenities impact the bottom line?
Real estate investment in a digital world
- How can investors prepare for continued disruption?
- Utilising data to drive investment decisions
- Case studies highlighting how digital can enhance returns
Moderated by: Ana Kekovska, Head of Corporate Services, Crestbridge
Women in Alternatives Cocktail Reception
Day 2 - Wednesday 6th
Invitation only think-tanks
These closed-door sessions will allow women to speak freely about the issues impacting their office and asset class. It is a closed door, open conversation where attendees can benchmark ideas and share best practices to gain solutions for common concerns.
- Infrastructure: Matina Papathanasiou, Deputy Head of Global Infrastructure, QIC
- Private equity: Sunaina Sinha, Managing Partner, Cebile Capital
- Private debt: Katherine Taylor, Director – Business Development, THL Credit
- Real estate: Gila Cohen, Managing Director – Real Estate and Private Equity, MUFG
Registration & coffee
Emerging Markets: Where are the most attractive opportunities in emerging markets?
- Which macro trends are affecting investment in emerging markets today?
- Key reasons to invest in Asian, LatAm & African alternative assets
- What is the appetite for different investment strategies across emerging markets?
- Comparing risk in EM to more developed markets
Moderated by: Taru Oksman, Managing Partner, Riverhouse Partners
Highlights of the PEI LP Insight findings
The PEI Investor Research & Analytics team surveyed LPs to capture investor sentiment, relationships with GPs, and performance predictions. Investors range from established infrastructure players with diverse fund portfolios, to those planning to make their first alternatives commitments in 2019.
Presented by: Nicole Douglas, Head of Investor Research, PEI Media Group
View from the deal team: What skills are required to make a successful investment partner?
- Why do deal teams remain so male, pale and stale even when compared to other areas of finance?
- Outlining the advantages of a diverse deal team
- What advice do deal team partners have for young people aiming for a spot on the deal team?
Moderated by: Sonali Tang, Senior Investment Specialist, ADB
How, why and when to move between alternative asset classes
- Building a cross-asset class network
- Are there any significant differences in the skills required to be successful?
- What skills are transferrable between asset classes?
- Case studies from practitioners who have made the move
Moderated by: Gail McManus, Founder and Managing Director, PER
Coffee & networking
Meet a Mentor Session
This unique session will split the room up into tables with a senior representative on each table offering practical career advice to the table. This will provide a unique opportunity to build your network and tables will be led by people with different areas of expertise.
Mentor 1: Pooja Warier Hamilton, Founding Partner and Executive Director, Conduit Capital
Mentor 2: Imogen Richards, Partner and Global Head of Investment Structuring and Strategy, Pantheon
Mentor 3: William Gilmore, Partner, Axon Partners
Themed networking working lunch
Tables discussing a variety of topics over lunch led by an expert moderator
- Tokenisation of private equity and private debt – Ulyana Shtybel (HighCastle)
- Diversity & Impact – Emilia Mamajova (Espira Investments)
- Infrastructure Secondaries – Abigail Rayner (HarbourVest Partners)
- ESG & Real Assets – Roxana Isaiu (GRESB)
- Forming a women’s private equity network – Nupur Garg (Senior Advisor PE)
Chairperson’s closing remarks
Head of Debt & Special Situations
Global Head of Power & Utilities, Crédit Agricole CIB
Head of Structured Finance, Natwest
Co-Head of Pan-European Private Debt, Muzinich & Co
Chief Investment Officer, Seaforth Land
Partner - Research & Portfolio Management, Corbin Capital Partners
Managing Director of Real Estate and Private Equity, MUFG
Head of Sector Specialists, AXA IM - Real Assets
Head of Investor Research, PEI Media
Founding Partner, Astarte Capital Partners
Managing Director, Real Estate Balance
Partner, Axon Partners
Manager - Real Assets, PRI
Managing Director, Head of Real Estate Group UK & Ireland, DWS
Partner - Energy, Actis
Director - Real Estate, GRESB
Chief Executive Officer, InfraRed
Partner, StepStone Group
Head of Corporate Services, Crestbridge
Co-Head of Private Debt, Tikehau Capital
Alternatives, Church of England
Managing Partner, Connection Capital
Vice-Chair, US Investment Banking, Global Investment Banking, CIBC World Markets
Managing Director, Global Head of Capital Raising, Prologis
Founding Partner, ESPIRA Investments
Global Research Associate, USAA Real Estate
Head of Europe - Private Equity, Aberdeen Standard Investments
Founder and Managing Director, PER
Managing Director - Real Estate, Goldman Sachs
Managing Partner, Riverhouse Partners
Deputy Head of Global Infrastructure, QIC
Director - Real Assets European Research, BlackRock
Managing Director - Investment Management and Operations, Greystar Europe
Head of HR, A.P. Møller Holding
Head of Business Development for Europe, Allianz
Managing Director, Macquarie
Development Manager, Zoku
Vice President, HarbourVest
Partner and Global Head of Investment Structuring and Strategy, Pantheon
Business Development Innovation Manager, Siemens
Managing Partner, Cebile Capital
Portfolio Manager - Fund Management, Gazeley
Principal Investment Specialist, ADB
Director - Real Estate, Long Harbour
Founding Partner and Executive Director, Conduit Capital
Director of Community Engagement, Pantheon
Regional Head - UK and Ireland, Equiem
The Women in Real Estate Forum offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for real estate professionals focused on increasing diversity within the asset class.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Chris Wagland, email@example.com +44 (0) 0207 566 5475.