With a growing body of research showing that more diverse teams and inclusive workplaces directly correlates with stronger business outcomes, the issue of diversity in infrastructure continues to move up the agenda.
Once again, we will be bringing together over 600 delegates for open discussion on the latest issues facing the industry, as well as the opportunity to exchange ideas, initiate deals and forge new relationships.
This year’s event will again be co-located with the Women in Private Equity Forum, in addition to the Women in Private Debt Forum and the Women in Real Estate Forum, all registered attendees will have access to all events allowing you to build your network across alternative asset classes.
Brenda Trenowden CBE
Partner, PwC UK
Global co-chair of the 30% Club
Brenda’s presentation will highlight why increasing diversity and managing culture is a business imperative, in addition to offering practical advice for professionals aiming to succeed in a competitive environment.
An expert in workplace performance, culture and communications, Brenda has a particular focus on helping clients build better performance by improving diversity and inclusiveness in their workplaces.
Dictate the narrative
Interactive panel discussions, keynote interviews, networking roundtables, think tanks and an oxford style debate allow you to put forward your thoughts and shape this important discussion.
Build your network
Hear from a world class speaking faculty and network with 600 international decision makers, featuring senior infrastructure asset owners, fund managers, developers and global investors.
Identify key global infrastructure opportunities and discover strategies for 2019 and beyond.
Anne Grandin, Investment Director at Whitehelm Capital discusses the importance of a diverse investment team.
Irina Frolova, Head of Asset Management at PGGM discusses the value of inclusion and diversity in infrastructure.
Investors who attended last year
Senior Analyst, I Squared Capital
It was inspiring to meet so many strong women who are excelling in this industry and raising awareness of the benefits of gender diversification.
The conference is very well organized, covering topics on both diversity awareness and key industry issues such as investing in emerging markets.
Director Investments & Financing, AviAlliance GmbH, Germany
It is an excellent forum for women of all levels of seniority to get to know each other, exchange views and hopefully to form professional relationships that ca…
Director Investments & Financing, AviAlliance GmbH, Germany
It is an excellent forum for women of all levels of seniority to get to know each other, exchange views and hopefully to form professional relationships that carry over into our working lives going forward.
Hear from last year’s featured speakers…
Deborah Zurkow, Global Head of Alternatives,
Allianz Global Investors
Jane Seto, Managing Director,
Tani Burge, Director and Head of Investor Relations,
Alinda Capital Partners
Emma Haight-Cheng, Partner, Infrastructure Debt,
Day 1 - Tuesday 5th
Registration & coffee
Chairperson's opening remarks
Keynote speech: Why diversity and culture are a value driver in business
Brenda helps clients with all aspects of workplace performance, culture and communication. Brenda has a particular focus on helping her clients to achieve better business performance by improving both the diversity and inclusiveness of their workforces. She is a strong advocate for women’s economic empowerment and has been recognised with several awards for her global campaigning for greater gender balance across organisations as a voluntary, business-led imperative.
Heads of Private Markets: The themes that unify our asset classes
- What is driving the growth in private markets? Are we in a bubble?
- Putting money to work in an increasingly competitive environment
- To what extent do investors differentiate between asset classes? Where are their similarities?
- How can working together address talent deficits across private markets?
- What practical advice do industry leaders have for young people in the industry today?
Infrastructure: Andrew Blincoe, Head of Structured Finance, NatWest
Private Debt:Kirsten Bode, Co-Head of Private Debt, Pan Europe, Muzinch & Co
Real Estate: Amy Aznar, Head of Debt and Special Situations, LaSalle Investment Management
How are investor pressures driving change within the funds they invest in?
- To what extent are investors challenging fund managers on diversity across investments?
- How senior leaders across private markets are promoting social mobility?
- Highlighting case studies where lack of diversity has impacted an investment decision
- Comparing approaches to diversity across private markets, are there any differences?
- How does diversity compare with other factors in impacting where investors put their money?
Moderator: Laurie Mahon, Vice-Chair, US Investment Banking, Global Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets
Partner, StepStone GroupRead bio
Coffee & networking
Infrastructure chairperson's opening remarks
State of Play: Have we reached peak infra?
- Where are we in the current infrastructure cycle?
- Emerging regulatory and political risks; populism, renationalisation and more
- Putting money to work in an increasingly competitive market
Moderated by: Amy Mahon, Partner, Simpson Thacher
Partner, Simpson ThacherRead bio
Director - Infrastructure Investment, CDPQRead bio
Member and Head of European Infrastructure, KKRRead bio
Managing Director - Private Infrastructure Europe , Partners GroupRead bio
Associate Director - Infrastructure Equity, AMP CapitalRead bio
How private infrastructure is advancing the energy transition
- Where can investors get a more attractive risk/return profile?
- The role of industrial players in developing the renewables of the future
- Comparing opportunities in different renewable markets
Infrastructure investing in a digital world
- Why infrastructure funds are increasingly investing in digital assets
- Applying data analytics to generate value from infrastructure assets
- Digital disruption and what it could mean for infrastructure assets
Moderated by: Dan McCarthy, Chief Executive Officer, One Search
Chief Executive Officer, One SearchRead bio
Senior Associate - Infrastructure Equity, Aviva InvestorsRead bio
Principal, Digital Bridge HoldingsRead bio
Director - Infrastructure and Project Finance, NatwestRead bio
Investment Director, Whitehelm CapitalRead bio
Infrastructure investment and regulation: Has regulatory risk increased?
2 short presentations from regulatory experts followed by an audience Q&A
- How can investors best engage with regulators, has regulatory risk increased?
- How regulators are incentivising investment in fibre
Moderated by: Kalliope Gourntis, News Editor, Infrastructure Investor
Delivering operational excellence: Value-creation and infrastructure assets
- Comparing value creation approaches across different sectors and asset types
- How relevant is asset management in core infrastructure?
- Utilising data to assist with asset management of assets
- Bringing in consultants vs. building up inhouse expertise
Moderated by: Irina Frolova, Head of Asset Management, PGGM
Head of Asset Management, PGGMRead bio
Director of the Investments & Financing Department, AviAllianceRead bio
Founder & Partner, NOVA InfrastructureRead bio
Vice President - Infrastructure, Northleaf Capital PartnersRead bio
Investment Manager - Private Infrastructure Europe, Partners GroupRead bio
Managing Director - Infrastructure, EQTRead bio
Coffee & networking
Why ESG and infrastructure are such natural bedfellows
- What business factors can ESG activity have a positive impact on?
- How ESG implementation differs for debt and equity investors
- Incorporating ESG into investment analysis, decision-making and monitoring
Moderated by: Samantha Hung, Principal Partnership and Coordination Specialist, ADB
Deputy Representative, Asian Development BankRead bio
Principal, MercerRead bio
Director, Business Development, InfraRed Capital PartnersRead bio
Head of Asset Management, DIFRead bio
Executive Director - Commercial, IFM InvestorsRead bio
Infrastructure debt: How are managers adjusting their strategies to attract investors?
- Does debt still offer an attractive risk/reward profile?
- Comparing opportunities across this rapidly expanding asset class
- What are the barriers for investors looking to commit capital to infrastructure debt funds?
Women in Alternatives Cocktail Reception
Day 2 - Wednesday 6th
Invitation only think-tanks
These closed-door sessions will allow women to speak freely about the issues impacting their office and asset class. It is a closed door, open conversation where attendees can benchmark ideas and share best practices to gain solutions for common concerns.
- Infrastructure: Matina Papathanasiou, Deputy Head of Global Infrastructure, QIC
- Private equity: Sunaina Sinha, Managing Partner, Cebile Capital
- Private Debt: Katherine Taylor, Director – Business Development, THL Credit
- Real Estate: Gila Cohen, Managing Director – Real Estate and Private Equity, MUFG
Registration & coffee
Emerging Markets: Where are the most attractive opportunities in emerging markets?
- Which macro trends are affecting investment in emerging markets today?
- Key reasons to invest in Asian, LatAm & African alternative assets
- What is the appetite for different investment strategies across emerging markets?
- Comparing risk in EM to more developed markets
Moderated by: Taru Oksman, Managing Partner, Riverhouse Partners
Highlights of the PEI LP Insight findings
The PEI Investor Research & Analytics team surveyed LPs to capture investor sentiment, relationships with GPs, and performance predictions. Investors range from established infrastructure players with diverse fund portfolios, to those planning to make their first alternatives commitments in 2019.
Presented by: Nicole Douglas, Head of Investor Research, PEI Media Group
View from the deal team: What skills are required to make a successful investment partner?
- Why do deal teams remain so male, pale and stale even when compared to other areas of finance?
- Outlining the advantages of a diverse deal team
- What advice do deal team partners have for young people aiming for a spot on the deal team?
Moderated by: Sonali Tang, Senior Investment Specialist, ADB
How, why and when to move between alternative asset classes
- Building a cross-asset class network
- Are there any significant differences in the skills required to be successful?
- What skills are transferrable between asset classes?
- Case studies from practitioners who have made the move
Moderated by: Gail McManus, Found and Managing Director, PER
Coffee & networking
Meet a Mentor Session
This unique session will split the room up into tables with a senior representative on each table offering practical career advice to the table. This will provide a unique opportunity to build your network and tables will be led by people with different areas of expertise.
Mentor 1: Pooja Warier Hamilton, Founding Partner and Executive Director, Conduit Capital
Mentor 2: Imogen Richards, Partner and Global Head of Investment Structuring and Strategy, Pantheon
Mentor 3: William Gilmore, Partner, Axon Partners
Themed networking working lunch
Tables discussing a variety of topics over lunch led by an expert moderator
- Tokenisation of private equity and private debt – Ulyana Shtybel (HighCastle)
- Diversity & Impact – Emilia Mamajova (Espira Investments)
- Infrastructure Secondaries – Abigail Rayner (HarbourVest Partners)
- ESG & Real Assets: Roxana Isaiu (GRESB)
- Forming a women’s private equity network – Nupur Garg (Senior Advisor PE)
Chairperson's closing remarks
Head of Asset Management, IST Investment Foundation
Head of Debt & Special Situations
Global Head of Power & Utilities, Crédit Agricole CIB
Director - Infrastructure Investment, CDPQ
Head of Structured Finance, Natwest
Co-Head of Pan-European Private Debt, Muzinich & Co
Senior Director – Head of Market Development, Ørsted
Director, InfraRed Capital Partners
Partner - Research & Portfolio Management, Corbin Capital Partners
Managing Director of Real Estate and Private Equity, MUFG
Member and Head of European Infrastructure, KKR
Head of Investor Research, PEI Media
Director, Lucerna Partners
Head of Asset Management, PGGM
Competition Policy Director, OFCOM
Partner, Axon Partners
News Editor, Infrastructure Investor
Director of the Investments & Financing Department, AviAlliance
Partner - Energy, Actis
Deputy Representative, Asian Development Bank
Director - Real Estate, GRESB
Partner, StepStone Group
Chief Financial Officer, NTR
Founder & Partner, NOVA Infrastructure
Senior Associate - Infrastructure Equity, Aviva Investors
Associate Director - Infrastructure Equity, AMP Capital
Co-Head of Private Debt, Tikehau Capital
Alternatives, Church of England
Director, Business Development, InfraRed Capital Partners
Vice President - Infrastructure, Northleaf Capital Partners
Managing Partner, Connection Capital
Partner, Simpson Thacher
Vice-Chair, US Investment Banking, Global Investment Banking, CIBC World Markets
Investment Manager - Private Infrastructure Europe, Partners Group
Principal, Digital Bridge Holdings
Founding Partner, ESPIRA Investments
Chief Executive Officer, One Search
Head of Europe - Private Equity, Aberdeen Standard Investments
Founder and Managing Director, PER
Principal - Infrastructure Debt, AMP Capital Investors
Director - Alternative Investments, Allianz Global Investors
Managing Partner, Riverhouse Partners
Director - Infrastructure and Project Finance, Natwest
Deputy Head of Global Infrastructure, QIC
Managing Director - Private Infrastructure Europe , Partners Group
Head of HR, A.P. Møller Holding
Vice President, HarbourVest
Partner and Global Head of Investment Structuring and Strategy, Pantheon
Head of Asset Management, DIF
Managing Partner, Cebile Capital
Investment Director, Whitehelm Capital
Executive Director - Commercial, IFM Investors
Managing Director - Infrastructure, EQT
Principal Investment Specialist, ADB
Founding Partner and Executive Director, Conduit Capital
The Women in Infrastructure Forum offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure professionals focused on increasing diversity within the asset class.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Christopher Wagland, firstname.lastname@example.org +44 (0) 0207 566 5475.