The pandemic has shone a spotlight on challenges facing the world and diversity remains an area that businesses globally need to address to realise their full potential. The worlds’ leading diversity event focused on alternatives, the Women in Private Markets Summit is returning to London on 1-2 December. There will be additional opportunities for those unable to travel to participate remotely.
This year’s Women in Private Markets Summit will once again be co-located with the Women in Private Equity, Women in Infrastructure, Women in Real Estate and Women in Private Debt Forums. All registered attendees will have access to the four forums, allowing you to build your network across alternative asset classes. Book now to access the entire Women in Private Markets Summit.
Hear from industry leaders
Learn how industry experts are actively addressing diversity within their own businesses and those they work with. Understand how investor allocations have changed, the effect of the rise of impact investing in alternatives, how the SPAC phenomenon will play out for private markets, and if fundraising will ever be the same again.
Build your cross-asset class network
Connect with industry participants across private equity, infrastructure, private debt and real estate. Network in-person at interactive workshops, networking breaks, evening drinks reception, roundtable discussions and invite-only breakfasts. Build lasting relationships and compare best practices with your peers.
Meet institutional investors
Hear from investors who are looking to increase their exposure to private markets. Benefit from our expansive global investor community who will be in attendance throughout the forum. Previous investors include AP7, Local Pensions Partnership, MassMutual, MN, PSP Investments, StepStone and The Church of England Pensions Board.
Previous attendees in 2020
Investment Operations Manager, The Church of England Pensions Board
An incredibly inspirational event that would be a real benefit to any woman or man, in the industry to attend.
Co-Founder, Astrid Advisors
A virtual success for Women in Private Markets Summit in 2020 with fantastic representation across the different asset classes and excellent content from the sp…
Managing Director, c*funds
Well curated, high-quality conference with the very best of industry passionate and practitioners. Lots of new insights and market trends. Cannot be missed!
Co-Founder, Astrid Advisors
A virtual success for Women in Private Markets Summit in 2020 with fantastic representation across the different asset classes and excellent content from the speakers. It was wonderful to meet so many different people I would not normally have met through speed networking. Thank you, PEI!
Day 1 - Wednesday 1st
Registration and coffee
LP invitation only breakfast session
Chairperson’s opening remarks
LP Allocations to private markets in a changed economy
- How well have investments performed compared to other strategies since March 2019?
- Views on the future of fundraising after the changes caused of the past 18 months
- How are LPs supporting emerging managers and are they concerned about the flight to familiarity?
- To what extent are LPs making investment decisions based on diversity?
How industry leaders are walking the talk on diversity
- Examples of the benefits of diverse teams in fundraising
- How are firms recruiting and retaining diverse candidates?
- Changes to working practices since covid-19, returning to the office and the impact on women
- Advice for those making their way in private markets
Coffee & Networking
Speed networking for virtual attendees
The continued rise of impact investing in alternatives
- To what extent are impact strategies within mega funds integrated with ESG?
- Balancing outcome with fiduciary responsibility
- How are managers in impact differentiating themselves in their investment approach?
- Are impact strategies allowing funds to broaden their investor base?
How has economic disruption impacted appetite for co-investments?
- Differences across asset classes and lessons learnt: private equity vs real estate or infrastructure?
- To what extent have co-investments been used to help companies through a crisis?
- Opportunities created by the past year
- The blurring lines between secondaries and co-investments
Oxford style debate: This house believes that unconscious bias training does not work
Virtual discussion available live at the event & online
Global perspectives on private markets
Virtual speakers from around the globe will be beamed into speak to the main conference hall for this unique session
Are we entering a ‘roaring twenties’ for infrastructure?
Asset Management: How managers have adapted capabilities to manage through disruption
Digital infrastructure: finding value in an ultra- competitive market
How well positioned is Private Equity to turn the crisis into an opportunity?
Investor perspectives on PE as we enter a new cycle
Outlining the commercial value of ESG integration in PE
Real estate demand post-pandemic: finding opportunities a dislocated market
Where are opportunities in a fiercely competitive logistics market?
The future of offices in a post-pandemic world
How has private debt fared in comparison with other investment strategies in the past few months?
What role can private credit providers play in helping companies integrate ESG and sustainability?
Distressed & special situations: how is it performing as we move along the credit cycle?
Coffee & networking
Virtual speed networking
Defining social infrastructure and where private capital fits into the ecosystem
Opportunities in the Energy Transition as the world aims for net-zero
Case study session on resilience of sectors heavily impacted by covid-19 disruption
Why growth equity globally is growing rapidly in Europe and worldwide
How technological innovations can democratise PE investing?
Opportunities in the digital economy in the aftermath of covid-19
Why investors are flooding into life sciences
Traditional vs alternative lenders: what are their intentions for the real estate market post-pandemic?
How sustainability considerations have moved beyond just the environment in real estate
View of the world: how different regions are prospering and why Asia-Pacific is in the spotlight
Exploring the potential of private debt secondaries
Why is interest in asset-backed lending increasing?
Virtual cocktail hour taking place for remote attendees
Day 2 - Thursday 2nd
Invitation only think-tanks
These sessions will allow women to speak freely about the issues impacting their office and asset class. It is a closed door, open conversation where attendees can benchmark ideas and share best practices to gain solutions for common concerns.
- Infrastructure (invitation and LP/GP only)
- Private Equity
- Private Debt
- Real Estate
- Virtual speed networking breakfast
Is the SPAC phenomenon an opportunity or threat to private markets?
- Comparing the growing European market with the US
- Making use of a SPAC to exit an investment
- How could SPACs impact PE deal flow?
- To what extent are their concerns around SPACs underperforming to this point?
Highlights of the PEI LP Insight findings
The PEI Investor Research and Analytics team surveyed over 100 LPs to capture investor sentiment on asset allocation, relationships with GPs, and performance predictions. The study also features insight on gender diversity and inclusion. Investors range from established players with diverse fund portfolios, to those planning to make their first alternatives commitments in 2021
Will fundraising ever be the same again?
- Learnings from working remotely: will it make fundraising more efficient in the long-term?
- Stories of completing due diligence remotely
- How to build new LP relationships without travelling the world
- Tips for emerging managers
Moderator: Emily Brown, Partner, Ropes & Gray
Secondaries market update
- To what extent are GP led deals driving growth of the market?
- Are managers looking to opportunities in Asia?
- Comparing performance and growth of secondaries in different asset classes
- Implementing ESG in secondaries
Coffee & speed networking for virtual and in person attendees
How talent experts are helping to change their organisations
- The importance of getting the buy-in of senior management
- What innovations have participants brought into their companies and portfolio investments?
- Recruiting and retaining diverse talent
- Stories of success and failure within current and previous position
Network building in private markets
The room will be split up into 8 roundtables each led by an expert moderator. Delegates will have the opportunity to join two tables each for 30 minutes with the aim to meet likeminded people and discuss a topic of interest;
- Fundraising in a changed world (Virtual & in-person)
- Being and finding a mentor
- Overcoming unconscious bias
- Building global networks (Virtual & in-person)
- ESG across private markets
- Making yourself indispensable to the firm
- Aspiring to a NED position
Head of European Infrastructure, MetLife Investment Management
Co-Head of Pan-European Private Debt, Muzinich & Co
Senior Vice President, GIC Private Markets
Managing Director, Real Estate Balance
CEO – Founding Partner, Vauban Infrastructure Partners
Managing Director - Private Debt & Hedge Funds, StepStone Group
Analyst, Real Estate: Product Lead - Transition Risk, GRESB
Head of Private Equity Europe and Asia, Allstate Investments
Chief Executive Officer, European Leveraged Finance Association
Head Asset Management Infrastructure, PGGM Infrastructure Fund
Founder, Alma Verde Advisors
Head of Real Estate Debt, Schroders
Chair, Brunel Pension Partnership
Managing Director, Ares Management
Global Head Of Real Assets Research, CBRE Global Investors
Head of Investor Relations - Partner, Vauban Infrastructure Partners
Vice-Chair, US Investment Banking, Global Investment Banking, CIBC Capital Markets
Managing Director, Global Head of Capital Raising, Prologis
EVP – Europe and Asia Pacific, Oxford Properties
Investment Director - Private Equity, USS
Head of Research & Strategy, Europa Capital
Founder & Partner, Resilience Partners
Senior Investment Associate, Bregal Milestone
Global CEO, JLL Hotels & Hospitality
Managing Director- Chief Finance officer, EQT Partners
Head of Funds, Connection Capital
Head of Private Debt Research and Execution, BlackRock
Member of Investment Committee, GLIL Infrastructure
Partner & Co-Founder, Headway Capital
European Head of Private Credit, Apollo Global Management
Managing General Partner and Chief Investment Officer, Fuel Venture Capital
Co-Head of European Private Debt Fund
Muzinich and Co
Real Estate Balance
Denise Le Gal
Brunel Pension Partnership
Vice-Chair, US Investment Banking, Global Investment Banking
CIBC Capital Markets
Deputy Head of Global Infrastructure
Global Head of Investments