Supercharge your fundraising at the 9th edition of the PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo on 17 September 2020 by connecting with regional leaders and global senior decision-makers.
The Forum brings together Japan’s most influential community of institutional investors, fund and asset managers, developers, technology and strategic partners, and advisors to enhance fundraising for global private real estate.
Examine the investment strategies of the largest Japanese LPs, including year-on-year attendees GPIF, Japan Post Bank, Japan Post Insurance and many more, and discuss the future of the asset class on a global and domestic scale.
Trending discussion topics at the Forum include:
- How to fundraise from the giant, medium and small Japanese LPs
- Opportunities in the global and Japanese markets
- Japanese LPs’ strategies and appetite
- Emerging trends: Integrated resort, the role of ESG
- What’s more for your portfolio: Architect, design and service management perspectives
Key discussion topics included –
- Japanese LP report card: How do they assess their current investments?
- International GP views on the latest global real estate trends
- Discover the Japanese investment opportunity
- Japan success stories: Investing in hotels and hospitality
- Real estate debt: What can it offer that equity can’t?
- People, context and reinvention: A layered approach to creating a sense of place
Thanks to our sponsors
Demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to Japanese LPs allocating capital to oversea private real estate to turbocharge your fundraising in 2020 and beyond. Exchange ideas with prominent global GPs, developers, and strategic advisors to enhance your investment strategies across Asia, Europe, Australia, and the Americas.
Confirmed 2019 LP attendees included
Utilizing PERE’s position as the most prestigious private real estate specialized publication, the Forum is your gateway to access to the most exclusive market insights.
Day 1 - Wednesday 16th
VIP cocktail for sponsors and investors (by invitation only, TBC)
Day 2 - Thursday 17th
Registration and networking
Keynote Panel: Putting Japanese capital to work in global markets
- How can Japanese investors get more comfortable about actively participating in the
global real estate markets?
- Investing in EU vs. UK in the post Brexit world
- The US: is it one market or many? How should Japanese investors look at it?
Panel: Real Estate opportunities beyond core sectors
- Understanding mid-market investing opportunities
- Value add and Opportunistic funds, should Japanese investors be taking a closer
Networking coffee break
Presentation: Economic trends in the US
Panel: Current investing trends in the Japanese market
- Japan Post-Olympics – What are the most important themes for investors?
- How has the coronavirus impacted the market?
- Why are investors increasingly interested in the residential sector?
Panel: Real estate debt
- Debt vs Equity – for the Japanese investor, what is best now and why?
- Debt opportunities – USA vs EUR vs Japan vs elsewhere such as Australia
- Senior vs. Mezzanine – for the Japanese investor, what are the pros and cons?
Panel: Integrated resorts, hospitality and the impact of Covid-19
- Assessing the impact of Covid-19 in Japan on the industry
- Perspectives and lessons learned from international and domestic investors
- Distressed opportunities for investing in the sector
Networking coffee break
Panel: Investing in sector specific vs diversified funds
- Understanding the pros and cons to investing sector specific vs diversified funds
- Japanese LPs have shied away from sector specific funds, why should they reconsider them?
- Overview of sector specific funds such as in residential and logistic sectors
Country Case Study: India
Panel: What do Japanese LPs want? The secrets to relationship building in Japan
- How do more experienced LPs evaluate their RE portfolio of investments so far?
- What is preventing other LPs from deploying into the market?
- LP Scorecard: How do LPs assess their current relationships with GPs so far?
Close of conference & cocktail reception
For enquiries on speaking at the PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo 2020 conference, please contact Andrew Wolff at email@example.com.
Executive Consultant, Russell Investments Japan
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Global Hospitality Investment Group
Director, Loan Origination - Real Estate, Investment Banking Coverage, Deutsche Securities
President, CBRE Global Investors Japan
Senior Vice President, Genkai Capital Management
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora Bank
Deputy General Manager, Investment Management Department, Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank
Senior Investment Officer & Chief Operation Officer, AISIN Employees' Pension Fund
Head of Fund Management Department and Managing Director, IDERA Capital Management
Head of Overseas Property Investment, Tokio Marine Asset Management
Senior Managing Director, Head of Japan, Blackstone
Senior Vice President, Leasing, Prologis
Chief Policy Economist, Fujitsu Ltd
Executive Manager, Tosei Asset Advisors
Director of Capital Transactions, Real Estate, Asia Pacific, Nuveen Real Estate
PERE Investor Forum: Tokyo offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the private real estate industry.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2020, contact sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 2153 3846.