The private infrastructure industry’s annual general meeting
Join the biggest names within the industry at the Global Investor Forum, the largest gathering of institutional capital devoted to infrastructure and the core of the Global Summit.
Meet and hear from the best of the best in the asset class – founding and managing partners, CEOs and chairmen, plus leading global institutional and private investors attend and speak annually.
Advance your fundraising
The most efficient way to meet more than 400 investors actively allocating to the asset class.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Explore how fundraising prospects look for H2 and beyond, how sector-focused strategies can capitalise on market dislocations, and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Global Investor Forum is the core of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure. The Global Investor Forum is just one of the specialist forums taking place across the week.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)203 862 7498.
Global Investor Forum - Tuesday 19th
Welcome from Infrastructure Investor
Keynote panel: Building back better: lessons learned from a difficult 18 months
- Defining the brand and communicating it to investors
- Style drift- embrace or avoid?
- Offering investors diversification into new sectors
Moderator: Ali Miraj, Director, Infrastructure Finance, ING
Partner – Investor Relations, Arjun InfrastructureRead bio
CEO and Managing Partner, Vauban Infrastructure PartnersRead bio
Director, Fund Management, InfraRed Capital Partners LtdRead bio
Global Head of Infrastructure, Schroders CapitalRead bio
Partner, DIF Capital PartnersRead bio
2021 and climate change: Making sense of net zero, SDGs, EU taxonomy and COP26
- What does it all mean for infrastructure investors?
- How covid has accelerated existing trends on climate and broader ESG issues
- Are funds responding quickly enough to changing investor needs?
Moderator: Rick Walters, Chief of Standards and Innovation, GRESB
Profit with purpose: Investing to succeed both financially and socially
- Moving sustainability from ‘nice to have’ to business-critical
- The critical role of global business amid growing governmental nationalism
- Developing global partnership and leadership to counteract inequality
Followed by Q&A with Nicholas Lockley, Director, EMEA Events, PEI Media Group
Beyond wind and solar- examining interesting areas for renewables investors
- Evaluating business models for EV fleets, fuels, energy efficiency and carbon capture assets
- Getting investors comfortable with risk profiles and overall fit
- What should the industry do to get more of these assets into the market?
Moderator: Lawrence Slade, Chief Executive Officer, Global Infrastructure Investor Association
Chief Executive Officer, Global Infrastructure Investor AssociationRead bio
Mohamed El Gazzar
Partner, I Squared CapitalRead bio
Global head, BlackRock Infrastructure Funds, BlackRockRead bio
Head of Infrastructure, Allianz Capital PartnersRead bio
Partner, Herbert Smith FreehillsRead bio
Marco van Daele
Co-CEO ＆ CIO , SUSI PartnersRead bio
Fundraising in 2021: Getting back on the road
- Comparing virtual and physical fundraising results
- How investors feel about fundraising in a virtual era
- Can new entrants or products still raise money now?
Moderator: Bruno Alves, Senior Editor, Infrastructure Investor
Global Head Corporate Finance & Infrastructure, ManulifeRead bio
Investment Manager, Polhem InfrastructureRead bio
Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President, Instar Asset ManagementRead bio
Head of Core Infrastructure, AbrdnRead bio
Sectors in focus: What will be the next digital?
- Where do fuels, EV fleets and charging, energy efficiency and carbon capture fit?
- Are more open-ended products the way forward?
- How investors view the products and sectors of tomorrow
Moderator: Patrick Deasy, Partner, Goodwin
Private Investment Funds Partner, GoodwinRead bio
Managing Director, Tiger InfrastructureRead bio
Managing Director, YIELCO Investments AGRead bio
Partner, Apollo Global ManagementRead bio
Senior Investment Manager, SV SparkassenVersicherungRead bio
Digital infrastructure: Does the reality match the hype for the ‘fourth utility’?
- Areas of focus; sub-sector, strategy and asset type
- Competition for larger ($1bn+) vs. mid-market transactions
- Assessing exit strategies and hold periods for digital assets
Moderator: Dominik Thumfart, Managing Director, Global Credit Financing Solutions, Infrastructure & Energy, Deutsche Bank
Getting aligned: How to manage stakeholder engagement in 2021
- How the ESG lens has sharpened its focus during the pandemic
- Labour, social unrest and how to get partnerships right
- Engaging with stakeholders around equality, diversity and inclusion issues
Moderator: Clare Burgess, Partner, Clifford Chance
How is infrastructure doing on equality, diversity and inclusion?
- Making diversity a business imperative
- Driving better results through greater diversity
- How does gender diversity within infrastructure compare to other asset classes?
Moderator: Helen Beatty, Partner, Herbert Smith Freehills
Streams conclude- plenary sessions continue at 15.50
The road to recovery: Putting the covid crisis in context
- Comparing today with previous crises- the GFC, the dotcom crash and more
- How the recovery is shaping up in Q4 2021
- Which sectors feature the best opportunities for growth and why?
Moderator: Charlotte Madden, Partner, Clifford Chance
Global Co-Head of Infrastructure, Clifford ChanceRead bio
Konstantin von Falkenhausen
Partner, B Capital Partners AGRead bio
Head of Financing and Portfolio Management, Columbia Threadneedle InvestmentRead bio
Managing Partner, Ridgewood InfrastructureRead bio
CEO, Dalmore CapitalRead bio
Global Keynote Panel: Industry leaders look forward to 2022 and beyond
- Why fundraising and M&A activity have continued despite the challenges of covid
- Do new cyber-attacks + increased digitalisation = the big risks keeping investors up at night?
- How increases in geopolitical tensions are affecting the sector globally
Moderator: Bruno Candes, Partner, InfraVia Capital Partners
Partner, InfraVia Capital PartnersRead bio
Head of Real Assets' Advisory Teams, Deputy Managing Partner and Chairperson of EQT Exeter, EQTRead bio
Partner & Co-Head of Infrastructure, Searchlight Capital PartnersRead bio
Managing Director, Cube Infrastructure ManagersRead bio
The state of play: Global investor strategy panel
Institutional and private investors analyse the state of the infrastructure market as 2021 draws to a close
- Are investors as bullish as managers on the shape of the recovery?
- Views on new fund commitments and re-upping with existing managers
- Has alignment of interest with managers improved?
Moderator: Adam Smallman, Director of Membership Programs, PEI Media Group
Investment Manager, RPMI RailpenRead bio
Partner and Head of Global Infrastructure and Real Assets, PantheonRead bio
Chief Operating Officer, GLIL InfrastructureRead bio
Managing Director, ETORE AdvisoryRead bio
Close of Global Investor Forum Day 1
Networking Drinks Reception
Global Investor Forum - Wednesday 20th
Investor-only Think Tank session (by invite)
Chair’s welcome back
Keynote interview: An industry leader sets out their roadmap for the infrastructure asset class
Hear why the Biden administration’s infra plan is a crucial first step, and how a US version of the World Bank could play a key role in mobilising private capital.
Interviewer: Bruno Alves, Senior Editor, Infrastructure Investor
Speaker: Sadek Wahba, Chairman & Managing Partner, I Squared Capital
Above 5%: How to get more out of your renewables funds
- Moving beyond vanilla wind and solar strategies in search of alpha
- How disruptive technologies can boost energy & electricity distribution
- Solving supply and demand issues for operating assets
Moderator: Irene Mavroyannis, Managing Partner, Private Capital Advisory, Sera Global
Global Co-Head of Business Development, Infrastructure, Partners Group (USA) Inc.Read bio
Managing Director, Clean Energy Infrastructure - Capital DynamicsRead bio
Managing Director and Head, Global Partners Group, CIM GroupRead bio
Managing Partner, ECPRead bio
Head of Mirova Energy transition funds, Natixis Investment ManagersRead bio
Daniel von Preyss
Head of PE/Infrastructure, Executive Director, Impax Asset ManagementRead bio
Market update from Infrastructure Investor
Our reports analyse the current state of the infrastructure market and detail the significant trends affecting the asset class in each quarter. We review 2021 from a fundraising perspective and look ahead to trends for 2022 as the world tries to get back to normal.
A new era of data and analytics for infrastructure investors
- The role of data in the infrastructure investment process
- Investment regulation and the need for better data
- InfraMetrics and the future of infrastructure investing
Keynote interview: Hear from GIP’s chairman and managing partner on the state of infrastructure today
Bayo will join us for an on-stage interview to discuss issues including where infrastructure is heading in the aftermath of a global pandemic, how to address systemic and economic disadvantage and what private markets firms can do to improve diversity in light of increasing investor and stakeholder demand.
Speaker: Adebayo Ogunlesi, Chairman and Managing Partner, Global Infrastructure Partners
Interviewer: Kalliope Gourntis, Editor, Infrastructure Investor
A key plank: How infrastructure debt has moved to the mainstream
- Why investors are increasingly allocating to infrastructure debt
- Is high yield the new core infrastructure equity?
- Making the grade: how to finance the digital infrastructure boom
Moderator: Adam Smallman, Director of Membership Programs, PEI Media Group
Head of Infrastructure Debt, BNP Paribas Asset ManagementRead bio
Managing Director, MetLife Investment ManagementRead bio
Jean Francis Dusch
CEO, Edmond de Rothschild UK, CIO Infrastructure Debt, Edmond de Rothschild AM UKRead bio
Head of Infrastructure Finance, AXA IM AltsRead bio
Managing Director, Head of European Infrastructure Debt, BlackRockRead bio
Transportation infrastructure- the good, the bad and the ugly
- Investors explain how to return transport assets to good health
- How airports can get their mojo back
- What are the capital markets and other financing sources’ outlook on transportation businesses?
Moderator: Minesh Mashru, Senior Investment Director, Real Assets Investment Group, Cambridge Associates
Global head of Infrastructure , Cambridge AssociatesRead bio
Head of Global Infrastructure, Apollo Global ManagementRead bio
Managing Director, CBRE Investment ManagementRead bio
Managing Director, Co-Head of Infrastructure, H.I.G. CapitalRead bio
Midmarket infrastructure- finding value in a packed segment
- Assessing how new vehicles and spinoffs are moving into the space
- Growing pains: Dealing with size, discipline and maturity issues
- Is the midmarket large enough for funds to deploy at the scale they claim?
Moderator: Colin Simpson, Head of Asset Management, GLIL Infrastructure
Head of Asset Management, GLIL InfrastructureRead bio
Managing Director and Co-Head of H.I.G. Infrastructure, H.I.G. CapitalRead bio
Managing Director, ICGRead bio
Dominik von Scheven
Global Head of Infrastructure, Private Markets, HSBC Alternatives, HSBC Asset ManagementRead bio
Unpicking a GP-led infrastructure secondary
- Choosing the right route: Motivation, pricing and transparency
- Success factors: explaining the deal rationale, early engagement with investors and advisors
- Valuations: why getting a second opinion on price can make the difference
Moderator: Jasmine Hunet Lamourille, Managing Director, Private Capital Advisory, Evercore
Hybrid assets – the future of infrastructure or evidence of style drift?
- The evolving definition of infrastructure and real assets investments
- Are dentists, funeral homes and psychiatric clinics the new toll roads?
- Has investor appetite aligned with the risk profile of hybrid assets?
Managing Partner & Founder, NOVA InfrastructureRead bio
Managing Director, Macquarie CapitalRead bio
Partner and Head of EQT Infrastructure Team Europe, EQTRead bio