Building the inclusive digital economy of the future
Taking place on 21 October, the Digital Infrastructure Forum will hear from the global community on this increasingly important sub-asset class.
The Forum will provide the perfect place to discuss strategies for investing in digital. Join global investors and managers and discover the potential of digital infrastructure.
Advance your fundraising
Connect with a global audience of investors actively allocating to digital, looking to put money in a less frothy part of the market. Benefit from focused networking with the right people.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Discuss how the pandemic has reinforced the need for digital connectivity and what that means for private investment, where we are seeing significant deal activity taking place in the market, how we can invest towards an inclusive digital economy of the future and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Digital Infrastructure Forum is part of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, email@example.com, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Digital Infrastructure Forum - Thursday 21st
Introduction from Infrastructure Investor
Welcome from the chair
Investing towards an inclusive, global digital economy
- How the pandemic has reinforced the need for digital connectivity and what that means for private investment
- How have business models, cultures & attitudes shifted in favour of digital infrastructure?
- Where are we seeing significant deal activity taking place in the market?
- Why digital infrastructure is cementing its own place in LP investment portfolios
Moderator: Matthias Hamel, Partner, Altman Solon
Head of Digital Infrastructure and Solutions, FinnfundRead bio
Managing Director - Infrastructure, EurazeoRead bio
Co-Head Infrastructure/Managing Director, YIELCO InvestmentsRead bio
Chief Executive, National Infrastructure Commission (UK)Read bio
Convergence and consolidation in digital infrastructure
- How towers, data centres and fibre are continuing to merge and what that means for investors
- How 5G small cell deployment and other emerging opportunities will play a role in converging portfolios
- The growing role of telcos and big tech in each sub-asset class
- How consolidation on a national and international level is altering the landscape
Moderator: Conor Plant, Managing Consultant, Hardiman Telecoms
What it takes to invest in fibre amidst overbuild, consolidation and increasing end-user demand
- Co-operation examples & possibilities between LPs, GPs and telcos
- Which investors are best suited to which types of build-outs and regions?
- Developments in overbuild investments in urban areas
- Does rural connectivity still have a significant role to play in the fibre debate?
Moderator: Conor Plant, Managing Consultant, Hardiman Telecoms
Partner and Co-Head of Infrastructure Investing, Searchlight Capital PartnersRead bio
Dr. Bernd Kreuter
Managing Partner, Palladio PartnersRead bio
Partner, I Squared CapitalRead bio
Managing Director, Arjun Infrastructure PartnersRead bio
Coffee & networking
Examining the edge data centre explosion - moving closer to the customer
- How has increased remote working necessitated the need to move closer to end users?
- What kind of upward trend will we see in global data processing happening in edge data centers?
- Are edge centers compatible with hyperscalers?
- Where do investment opportunities lie globally, and what sort of risk returns can investors expect?
Moderator: Alessandro Ravagnolo, Partner, Analysys Mason
Co-Head Private Infrastructure Integrated Investments, Senior Member of Management , Partners GroupRead bio
Partner, Antin Infrastructure PartnersRead bio
Chairman and Founder, Green Edge CloudRead bio
Fireside Chat: Dissecting digital’s appeal for debt investors
- Pandemic resilience – why digital infrastructure and debt makes sense right now
- Why banks still offer the stiffest competition in this area and whether this will continue
- Embracing more risk? Junior, mezzanine, greenfield and other attractive debt opportunities
- How investors can straddle a debt-equity allocation to digital infra in their portfolio
Moderator: Mattias Sottile, Founder, Ayres Partners
Digital infrastructure investment case study
Fireside Chat: The manifestation of ESG in digital infrastructure assets
- Environmental – combating concerns around data centres and other environmental challenges
- Social – how digital infra can support local communities through job creation, increased connectivity and more
- Considerations for fund managers amidst increasing ESG regulation and transparency demands from investors
Moderator: Dr. Matthias Lang, Partner, Bird & Bird
Assessing the desire & deployment for digital infrastructure assets across a changing world
- Examining the impact of overbuild and consolidation in the European market
- Emerging markets – why LatAm, Asia & Africa offer opportunities that a crowded developed world can’t match
- Will attitudes, models and opportunities mean the US will continue to lead the way when it comes to capital deployment?
- Performance, political and other risk considerations for LPs as they look to embrace a global mandate
Moderator: Richard Morgan, Principal, Analysys Mason
Beyond the big three – what’s next on the horizon for digital infrastructure?
- What does the future hold for the digital infrastructure definition?
- Blurring the lines of private equity – can tech-cos be brought into the digital infra conversation?
- 5G, edge, small-cell, distributed tunnel systems – will any of these evolve from fibre, towers & data centres to become their own defined sub-asset class?
- Digital ‘real assets?’ What will become of the merging with real estate?
Moderator: Philip Cooper, Director, Digital Infrastructure Accelerator