The 6th annual PERE Investor Forum: Seoul on 20 November will examine the new wave Korean outbound real estate capital to debt and equity projects as well as key factors driving Korean LP fund manager selections.
Established as the preeminent outbound-focused event in the region, the Forum brings together leading Korean investors with global fund managers and developers to connect capital with investment opportunities each year.
Key topics to be discussed this year include –
- LP/GP discussion: Latest trends in global real estate and capital flow
- LP panel: Portfolio diversification
- All eyes on Europe: Where is room to grow?
- Hot topic: Alternatives within Alternatives
- All quiet on the western front?: US opportunities now and in five years
- Real estate debt: Latest strategies in a hot asset class
Q Investment Partners
The PERE Seoul Forum was informative, insightful and well organized to encourage participants to network informally while in a formal context.
As always, the PERE organisers delivered a top-notch event where we were able to meet a number of Korean institutions looking to invest in Europe across a varie…
As always, the PERE organisers delivered a top-notch event where we were able to meet a number of Korean institutions looking to invest in Europe across a variety of strategies. We look forward to continuing to build our relationships in the region through the PERE platform.
Day 1 - Wednesday 20th
Registration and networking refreshments
Welcome from the Chairperson
Opening keynote panel: Latest trends in global real estate and capital flow - an LP and GP discussion
- What are the latest capital flow movements and macro trends?
- What attractive yields are out there for the Korean institutionals?
- Dynamic questions and answers round, driven by PERE’s editorial team
- What is happening in terms of secondaries and exit strategies?
Keynote Interview – Strategy of the hour - Global Capital flows into Europe
Networking and Coffee Break
- What are great strategies when it comes to portfolio diversification?
- Capital owner perspectives and the recent co-investment rise
Presentation: A deeper look into US strategies
Europe vs North-America
- Koreans invested $8.4bn in income-producing assets and development sites abroad. Of this, three-quarters went to Europe, up from 59% in 2017. (RCA) Will the European trend continue?
- US: What are smart strategies to battle hedging costs and the late-cycle environment in the world’s largest RE market?
- What locations are worth keeping an eye on? And what classes and risk-models will offer promising yields in the long run?
- Logistics, hospitality, storage, co-living, etc – What offers the best opportunities, from a yield, regional and demographic perspective?
- Changing demographic and generational purchasing behaviours
Real estate debt – Latest strategies in a hot asset class
- What are the best RE debt strategies in Europe, Americas, Asia and Australia? And what are the opportunities with China deleveraging?
- What are the risks and returns across the capital stack?
- Who are the right partners to trust?
Discussion: When will capital flow back into Asia?
- Will current outbound trends continue or are we on the brink of capital flow change?
- What markets and asset classes will be the first to benefit, both Korea and the wider APAC region?
Closing LP Keynote
Chairperson’s closing remarks followed by cocktail reception
For any enquiries, please contact Florian Nuessel at Florian.email@example.com.
Director, Real Estate, KKR Asia
Founder and Chief Executive Officer, Global Hospitality Investment Group
Director, Property, Wingate
Team Head, ABL Life Insurance
Founder and Managing Partner, Palmira
Chief Executive Officer, The Valesco Group
Chief Investment Officer, Patrizia
Executive Director, Team Leader of Alternative Investment Team, LOTTE Insurance
General Manager, Local Finance Association
Head of Global Real Assets, Postal Insurance, Korea Post
Chief Executive Officer, CapitaLand Investment Management
Executive Director, Shinhan Alternative Investment Management
Team Head, Real Estate Investment Team, KB Insurance
Head of Overseas Real Estate, Public Officials Benefit Association (POBA)
Managing Principal, Madison Realty Capital
PERE Investor Forum: Seoul offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the private real estate industry.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2019, contact the Sponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 2153 3846.