On Day 3 of the PERE Europe Summit 2022, the PERE ESG & Impact Forum will explore how real estate investors are going beyond commitments to deliver real world sustainability outcomes through real estate.
Join the Forum to discover strategies that protect and create value through ESG at an asset and portfolio level with industry leading experts.
Discussions will enable those in the early stages of ESG adoption to deliver value and drive results in ESG. Key topics include:
- Dissecting the overview of regulatory developments and implications for real estate
- How lenders are incentivising ESG and impact outcomes with their borrowers
- Structuring and launching a real estate impact fund
- How to execute a credible net-zero commitment
- And much more……
Gain strategic insights
Learn investor perspectives on real estate sustainability and plan ahead for your portfolio.
Take control of ESG outcomes
Explore net-zero real estate strategies and leverage ESG to create value across real estate assets.
Expand your European network
Connect with investors, fund and asset managers, and strategic partners trailblazing responsible and impact investing in private real estate.
Meet Europe’s leading real estate network
Global Head of Research, Allianz Real Estate
The panels’ content was excellent and the keynote and conference moderation was wonderfully executed.
Managing Director, BlackRock
A great chance to connect with industry peers and share our collective thoughts on the fundamental changes taking place in how we use and invest in real estate.
Executive Director, Research and Strategy, EMEA, JLL
PERE brings together relevant content and the active market participants to ensure the day is full of genuine insights.
The Forum is part of the Europe Summit, our flagship gathering in the region. Attendees are exclusively decision-makers at the leading private real estate investors, fund and asset managers, and developers across the globe. Sponsorship gives you:
- VIP access
- Opportunity to share your thought-leadership
- High-profile branding opportunities
- And much, much more …
To discuss options that suit your firm, contact our sponsorship team.
Download the agenda to see how real estate investors are going beyond commitments to deliver real world sustainability outcomes through real estate. These topics will shape the discussions at the PERE ESG & Impact Forum 2022.
PERE ESG & Impact Forum 2022 - Thursday 16th
Registration and networking
Welcome & chair’s opening remarks
Fund investors’ perspectives on real estate sustainability
- What information demands are fund investors making on their real estate fund mangers when it comes to sustainability?
- Does investors’ drive to clean their portfolios mean inefficient and currently unsustainable assets are jettisoned rather than ‘greened’?
- How high is sustainability on the agenda for different types of institutional investors?
Moderated by Toby Mitchenall, Senior Editor, ESG and Sustainability, New Private Markets
Senior Editor, ESG and Sustainability, New Private MarketsRead bio
Managing Director, CPP InvestmentsRead bio
Managing Director, StepStone GroupRead bio
Head of Origination, Big Society CapitalRead bio
Senior Responsible Investment and Governance Manager- Real Estate investments, APG Asset ManagementRead bio
Leveraging ESG for value creation in real estate
- How can the influence of ESG in investment decision-making and asset management be maximised?
- What are the risks of ignoring a robust ESG effort?
- What examples do we have where ESG performance lead to higher valuation or yields?
- How are funds going about engaging tenets on sustainability and just how crucial is this as an aspect of ESG performance?
- How can funds plan a cost-efficient transition at the portfolio-level?
Moderated by Basil Demeroutis, Managing Partner, FORE Partnership
Overview of regulatory developments and the implications for real estate
- How can you create value out of SFDR and EU taxonomy as an investor?
- What are the most notable upcoming regulations across key jurisdictions such as the FCA and EU?
- Discover where the key legal risks are when making impact claims and how efforts to stamp-out impact washing will evolve
Moderated by Anna Olink, Business Development Director, EMEA, GRESB
Real estate impact investments: an overview of opportunities, funds and innovations
- How much appetite is there from impact allocators for real estate orientated product?
- What are the main considerations when launching an impact offering or product?
- To what extent should ‘impact investment’ thinking be integrated into mainstream investments?
- To what extent are returns concessionary?
Moderated by Vlad Masinsky, Head of Strategic Partnerships, Sharry
Head Of Strategic Partnerships, SharryRead bio
Chief Investment Officer, ResonanceRead bio
Head of Sustainability and Impact Investment, Real Estate, Schroders CapitalRead bio
Partner, Bridges Fund ManagementRead bio
Partner, MJ HudsonRead bio
Creating an affordable housing investment strategy
- What are the best examples of affordable housing models around the world that have taken off?
- How crucial is collaboration with local and national government– and what the lessons learnt in engaging public institutions and bodies?
- How is ‘affordability’ calculated?
- How do investors that are looking to maximise returns balancing this with the need for ‘affordable’, below-market-rate rents?
Moderated by Ding Li, Senior Strategy Consultant & Business Unit Lead, Longevity Partners
Senior Strategy Consultant & Business Unit Lead, Longevity PartnersRead bio
Head of Community Housing and Managing Director, Man GroupRead bio
Chief Executive Officer, Homes EnglandRead bio
Director, Hyde GroupRead bio
Sr. Managing Director, Real Estate, BlackstoneRead bio
Applying wellness as a value add to real estate assets
- What does the concept of ‘wellness’ in a real estate context?
- How is wellness calculated and to what extent does it add a premium to rents and tenet satisfaction?
- What example exist of buildings that have high ‘wellness’ ratings?
- How can the concept best be applied in different sectors?
Moderated by Tzvete Doncheva, International Investor Relations Lead, PropTech1
Going beyond a commitment: what does a net-zero real estate strategy mean in practice?
- How are managers measuring the carbon footprint from your existing portfolio?
- What are the main barriers being encountered on the net-zero pathway?
- How to reduce your energy usage in buildings via technology solutions?
- What are the leading frameworks which funds can use to build a climate strategy around?
Moderated by Chandra Eastwell, Associate Director – Sustainability, Macquarie Infrastructure and Real Assets
Associate Director - Sustainability, MIRARead bio
Global Head of Strategic Insights, Nuveen Real EstateRead bio
Hala El Akl
Senior Director of ESG and Operations, Oxford Properties GroupRead bio
Head of Sustainability, Capital Markets, EMEA, JLLRead bio
To rebuild or upgrade: calculating embodied carbon in real estate assets
- To what extent should buildings be upgraded rather than built from scratch – what the carbon cost of new buildings relative to building upgrades?
- What are the extra capex requirements in making buildings green?
- What policies and practices can be applied to minimise ‘embodied carbon’ during construction?
- How are investors attempting to increase the sustainability of existing stock?
Moderated by Snehal Shah, Reporter, New Private Markets
End of conference
If you want to join the speaking faculty contact Boris Petrovic today.