Industry insights and powerful networking
PERE America returns to New York for its fourteenth year on October 29-30, 2019.
Built by PERE’s award-winning editorial team and an advisory board of industry experts, PERE America consistently delivers authoritative speakers, thought-provoking discussions and powerful networking opportunities.
Over 300 top institutional investors and experienced fund managers attended last year to discuss the future of private real estate investments in a market that some still believe is on its way to topping out. PERE America is the only event that can leverage PERE editorial content and R&A data to bring you the most relevant and objective insight for 2019.
Last year's attendees
What our attendees say about the event
LRI Group Luxembourg
Arguably the best platform for industry experts in the US.
BIL Manage Invest
An unparalleled opportunity to hear industry leaders and key decision-makers answering direct questions in a frank and engaging manner.
King & Spalding
Terrific content, knowledgeable speakers and a great opportunity to share ideas.
Day 1 - Tuesday 29th
Registration and networking breakfast
Women’s working (networking) breakfast
Chairman's opening remarks
Megatrends in PERE: from challenge can come capital
- Policy and urbanization- what policies made at the macro level can directly affect RE allocation?
- Sustainability- what are the most promising ESG, impact investing and green RE initiatives?
- Demographic shifts- how does the shift in the population affect RE both directly and indirectly?
- Automation age- how can the industry keep up and leverage tech to its own advantage?
The future of private debt- maintaining consistency, while avoiding complacency
- The established vs. emerging manager- is there truly room and a need for both in this space?
- The role of technology- how does this affect accessibility, strategy and the industry as a whole?
- Investor allocation- what are the do’s and don’ts of navigating the vast debt fund landscape?
- Thinking outside the box- is there a need for innovation and will risk-adversity hinder this?
Case study- top deals of the year in private real estate
Networking lunch- hosted by Mayer Brown
Fireside chat- the implementation and integration of proptech
Sub-sector trends- narrowing the scope of PERE
- Residential returns- will multifamily real estate continue to lead the conversation in the U.S.?
- Relevancy of retail?- will niche retail areas like grocery RE be key to keeping retail alive?
- Logistics boom- how can logistics keep up with the soaring demand of the ecommerce industry?
- Mixed real estate?- is there a real value in mixed RE vehicles like co-working, co-living, etc.?
Behind the scenes- fundraising, M&A, and business decisions driving large portfolio deals
Neighborhood analysis: NYC and beyond- the everchanging tenant, occupier demands and future of opportunity zones
The niche vs. the norm- alternative approaches to real estate
Real estate technology- disrupting the system through AI, big data, and fintech
Family office real estate investing: a continued staple in the HNW portfolio?
- The “Principles of Principals”- how can FOs invest with traditional principals’ interests in mind?
- Alternative thinking- are there any unique allocation tactics family offices are using for RE?
- The HNW family- does the shift in wealth affect how FOs are going about RE investing?
- RE strategy shifts?- will direct and co-investing continue to remain the most popular strategy?
Networking cocktail reception
Day 2 - Wednesday 30th
LP Think Tank *by invitation only
Registration and networking breakfast
Chairman's opening remarks
In pursuit of capital: best practices in RE business decisions
- Key drivers- what are some of the industry influences affecting the day to day decisions in RE?
- Firm strategy- how are firms strategically tackling challenges affecting the RE space?
- Untapped areas- what areas of the business are of interest in terms of expansion?
- Women in RE- what opportunities, experiences and challenges are unique to women in the RE space?
R&A presentation from PEI
Despite a slight dip in real estate allocation, family offices continue to favor the real estate asset class as an investment target. However, their investment strategies differ greatly from their institutional counterparts. This session will address family office real estate investment trends, direct investing vs. fund investing for families, insight into fundraising—including what not to do with families, hot-button issues and how to accommodate the needs of today’s family office.
LP perspectives: all things PERE allocation
- Many facets- what geographies, sub-sectors and niches of RE are appealing in terms of ROI?
- Firm synergies- how are firms assessing combability investing wise with prospective managers?
- Big picture for returns- what RE investment vehicles are providing the greatest returns?
- The broader portfolio- what is RE’s role and future in terms of overall allocation for investors?
International investing- a global understanding to stay ahead of the curb
- Trade tensions- what does this mean for the U.S. RE market in terms of future foreign capital?
- Tax and regulatory risk- what are some complex/international regulations that may affect RE?
- Emerging vs. developing- what specific countries are yielding the greatest returns across RE?
- Sector outlook- what sectors are booming in some regions, while on the decline in others?
President, Chief Executive Officer, Director, Tricon Capital
Co-Founder, Integrated Capital Management
Chief Strategy Officer, Bridge Investment Group
Managing Partner, Head of Single Family Office, Arrivato
Chief Executive Officer, Pradera
Chief Executive Officer, Managing Member, Aspen Tree LLC
Principal, Pinnacle Storage Properties
Executive Vice President, Asset Management Revenue, New York Economic Development Corporation
Founder, Chief Executive Officer, SandsPoint Capital Advisors LLC
Executive Vice President, Portfolio Manager- Real Estate, PIMCO
Vice President, Monfort Companies
Founder, Co-Managing Partner, Himmel & Meringoff
Showcase your company at the 2019 event
As the trusted voice of the industry, PERE attracts the individuals leading the way in the private real estate community. Increase your visibility and profile with an elite and diversified audience by aligning yourself with THE financial information provider for the private real estate world. Stand out from the crowd by partnering with PERE America to showcase your product or platform and access prime networking time with your core customer base.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2019, contact Tyler Mitchell at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 646-795-3279.
What slow down? Mega manager are still setting records