Join Korean investors at the PDI Seoul Forum on 8 November in-person to shape future capital flow from Korea to global private debt markets.
Understand key trends shaping investors’ decision-making process and crucial qualities they look for in a fund manager when allocating capital
Secure your place to meet Korean institutional investors, global managers, and private debt thought leaders this November.
Meet Korea’s investor community
Connect with behemoth investors KIC, POBA, Samsung Fire & Marine Insurance and more Korean in person for the first time since the pandemic.
Gain a strategic edge
Understand investors’ changing needs and appetite shift towards different strategies.
Build lasting relationships in-person
Catch up with Korean investors and global private credit leaders to discuss future portfolio strategies.
Expand your fundraising horizons in Asia
“It provides good insight into how Korean LPs think about this asset class.”
“Very well organized and structured. Great access to the asset class’ leading players and insights.”
Juno, Hee Kyoung Yoon
“Founding members gave us insightful sharing and perspectives from regional LP are inspiring.”
Agenda - Tuesday 10th
Registration and coffee
Welcome from PDI and Chair's opening remarks
Opening panel: What is fuelling the rise in global private debt?
• What are the key learnings from the COVID-19 crisis?
• Senior debt, mezzanine and distressed: which strategies have emerged well in 2020 and which have suffered?
• Why transparency in reporting will remain important and what data is required in decision making
• Will ESG investing be the new norm?
Keynote presentation: How senior debt fit into an LP portfolio
• What should LPs aware, in terms of deal structures and extend, when they seek to allocate to private debt
• How can a private debt strategy make the portfolio different for LPs?
• How to effectively diversify geographically and by sector
LP keynote fireside chat
Middle market lending in Europe and US
• What does the mid-market direct lending market look like now?
• Major strategies and regions providing maximised returns
• Incentives and deterrents to deploy capital
Distressed and special situations
• Where are the opportunities in the enormous market?
• How can distressed funds make the current environment work for them?
• What are factors that accelerate or derail future growth?
Presentation: Australian private debt
• Market outlook: how allocation levels are going to change?
• What is working best and why?
• What factors could accelerate or derail future growth?
Keynote: “The impact of COVID-19 on private debt”
Real asset debt
• Risks and returns compare to corporate debt
• What type of opportunities are firms seeing in real asset debt?
• Why real estate and infrastructure debt fit into a mixed asset portfolio?
Panel: Where to find uncrowded opportunities in Asia?
- How different managers dealing with opened-end and closed-end vehicle?
- What are the competitive advantages for funds catering to the larger end of the market?
- Opportunities and key challenges ahead for private debt in Asia
Panel: Meet the Korean LPs and gatekeepers
• What now is the LPs’ view of private debt?
• Challenges facing lately regarding the asset allocations
• What is the relationship between LP and GP in a world of restricted travel? Are LPs prepared to commit to funds without seeing managers face to face?
End of forum and Cocktail
Global Head of Infrastructure, Schroders Capital
Chief Investment Officer, DGB Life insurance
Head of Sustainable Investment Team, Korea Investment Corporation
Team Head, ABL Life Insurance
Manager, Private Capital Team, TongYang Life Insurance
Senior Manager, The Korean Teachers’ Credit Union
Investment Manager, Alternative Investment Team, National Federation of Fisheries Corporatives
Head of Alternative Investment Team, Fubon Hyundai Life Insurance
Co-founder and President, MGG Investment Group
Managing Director and Head of Private Credit, Northleaf Capital Partners
Head of Investments (Korea), Willis Towers Watson
Partner with the PDI Seoul Forum
The PDI Seoul Forum 2020 will offer a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile among senior private debt decision-makers across the world.
For exclusive sponsorship package for the PDI Seoul Forum and PDI Japan Korea Week, please contact sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org, call +852 2153 3846.
Do not want to miss any new updates? Subscribe our e-newsletter by registering your interest now.