The PDI Seoul Forum Virtual Experience took place on 10 November and set the direction of investments from major regional LPs to global private credit funds.
The Forum is your gateway to connect with Korea’s largest LPs and exchange insights with the most influential global GPs through our immersive virtual experience, giving you full access to 5-day virtual networking, live and on-demand conference content, and connectivity with Korea’s largest LPs until the end of 2020.
This event is essential for any private debt fund managers seeking to raise capital from Korea’s most active outbound investors.
had uncovered how Korean LPs deal with the unprecedented challenges
and dissect the current and future capital allocation preferences.
The discussion with PDI 50 leading fund managers Ares Management Corporation and The Carlyle Group discovered new trends in private debt investment in a covid-19 world.
Expand your fundraising horizons in Asia
“It provides good insight into how Korean LPs think about this asset class.”
“Very well organized and structured. Great access to the asset class’ leading players and insights.”
Juno, Hee Kyoung Yoon
“Founding members gave us insightful sharing and perspectives from regional LP are inspiring.”
As Korean institutional investors are expanding their alternative investments to grow revenue amid the global environment, the likes of KTCU, NPS, Korea Post, and Korea Investment Corporation are leading the way in allocating capital to global debt funds.
If you are fundraising in Asia, you cannot afford to miss connecting with more than 100 Korean LPs at the PDI Seoul Forum.
Access global market intelligence
As Private Debt Investor has been regarded as the most prestigious publications specialised in private debt, the forum will bring you exclusive insights and latest trends from the leading professionals and practitioners.
Based on the latest PDI 50 research the private debt market is stable, with future funds targeting more region-specific opportunities.
LP’s drift to private debt, going to private credit in multiple forms
Based on Goldman insurance latest survey shows that LP’s drift to private debt
Join the leaders in private debt
senior private debt professionals
Past attendees from Japan & Korea series events:
Latest survey completed by Private Debt Investor research team shows that private debts LPs are looking to increase the number of GP relationships.
Join both the Tokyo and Seoul Forums in the same week to maximise your time in Asia
Invigorate your fundraising strategy by spending a week with Asia’s largest and most active outbound institutional investors in Japan and Korea by purchasing a single ticket. Connect with more than 200 Japanese and Korean LPs across two industry-leading events in Tokyo (5 November) and Seoul (7 November).
If you are fundraising in Asia, do not miss the chance to meet the regions’ largest LPs this November!
Key features of the Forums:
- More than 200 LPs in attendance across the week at a GP:LP ratio of 2:3
- 14 hours+ of premium networking across the week with institutional investors, fund managers, advisors, and strategic partners
- Unparalleled content, featuring exclusive Japanese and Korean LP insight on the private credit industry
- New and improved networking app to connect with key targets prior to event day
Supercharge your fundraising
Secure your next capital allocation by connecting with senior decision-makers from Japanese and Korean LPs.
Knowledge-sharing with opinion leaders
Strengthen your investment strategy by sharing ideas with the most influential debt investment community that gathers at all PDI global events.
Maximise your time and money
Take advantage of your time out of the office to gain the greatest business results possible by connecting with both of Asia’s major outbound LP communities in the space of one week.
Past attendees to Japan & Korea series events:
Why are the 2019 Forums are a must-attend series? Find out the confirmed attendee list, speaker line-up and agenda highlights in the digital brochure.
Check out package options available and then secure your place today to maximise savings.
PDI Tokyo & Seoul Forums
Boost your networking opportunities, and gain the best savings, by attending both the Seoul & Tokyo Forums on 5th and 7th November.
- Access to 200+ LPs from Japan and Korea
- Access to two days of premium content
- 14+ hours networking with global private debt’s most influential community
- Access to both luncheon and cocktail networking receptions in Japan and Korea
- Dedicated networking time for intimate knowledge-sharing with like-minded individuals
- Contact PDI Tokyo and Seoul Forum attendees before, during and after the event utilising our new and improved event app
- Save up to US$1,339 before 2 October 2019
PDI Tokyo Forum only
The inaugural Tokyo Forum on 5 November is a one-of-a-kind event in Japan focused on global private credit markets and outbound capital flows.
- Connect with 100+ Japanese LPs
- Access to one day of premium content at the ONLY dedicated private credit event in Japan
- 7+ hours networking
- Access to luncheon and end of day cocktail reception
- Contact Tokyo Forum attendees before, during and after the event utilising our new and improved event app
- Save up to US$400 before 2 October 2019
PDI Seoul Forum only
The second annual PDI Seoul Forum on 7 November is Korea’s only conference exclusively focused on global debt strategies and fundraising opportunities.
- Connect with 100+ Korean LPs
- Access to one day of premium content at the ONLY dedicated private debt conference in Korea
- 7+ hours of networking
- Access to end of day cocktail reception
- Contact Seoul Forum attendees before, during and after the event utilising our new and improved event app
- Save up to US$400 before 2 October 2019
Agenda - Tuesday 10th
Registration and coffee
Welcome from PDI and Chair's opening remarks
Opening panel: What is fuelling the rise in global private debt?
• What are the key learnings from the COVID-19 crisis?
• Senior debt, mezzanine and distressed: which strategies have emerged well in 2020 and which have suffered?
• Why transparency in reporting will remain important and what data is required in decision making
• Will ESG investing be the new norm?
Keynote presentation: How senior debt fit into an LP portfolio
• What should LPs aware, in terms of deal structures and extend, when they seek to allocate to private debt
• How can a private debt strategy make the portfolio different for LPs?
• How to effectively diversify geographically and by sector
LP keynote fireside chat
Middle market lending in Europe and US
• What does the mid-market direct lending market look like now?
• Major strategies and regions providing maximised returns
• Incentives and deterrents to deploy capital
Distressed and special situations
• Where are the opportunities in the enormous market?
• How can distressed funds make the current environment work for them?
• What are factors that accelerate or derail future growth?
Presentation: Australian private debt
• Market outlook: how allocation levels are going to change?
• What is working best and why?
• What factors could accelerate or derail future growth?
Keynote: “The impact of COVID-19 on private debt”
Real asset debt
• Risks and returns compare to corporate debt
• What type of opportunities are firms seeing in real asset debt?
• Why real estate and infrastructure debt fit into a mixed asset portfolio?
Panel: Where to find uncrowded opportunities in Asia?
- How different managers dealing with opened-end and closed-end vehicle?
- What are the competitive advantages for funds catering to the larger end of the market?
- Opportunities and key challenges ahead for private debt in Asia
Panel: Meet the Korean LPs and gatekeepers
• What now is the LPs’ view of private debt?
• Challenges facing lately regarding the asset allocations
• What is the relationship between LP and GP in a world of restricted travel? Are LPs prepared to commit to funds without seeing managers face to face?
End of forum and Cocktail
Chief Executive Officer, Capra Global Partners
Chief Investment Officer, DGB Life insurance
Director, Partner, Head of Credit Group, Ares Management Corporation
Executive Director - Asia Funds Advisory and Distribution, Jones Lang LaSalle
Managing Director and Head of Global Credit, The Carlyle Group
Team Head, ABL Life Insurance
Managing Director, Financial Investment Group Head, LOTTE Insurance
General Manager, Local Finance Association
Principal, West Valley Capital
Managing Director, CLSA Capital Partners (HK)
Chief Executive Officer, DS Networks Asset Management Company
Co-CEO and Co-CIO, Fiera Capital (Asia)
Co-founder and President, MGG Investment Group
Managing Director and Head of Private Credit, Northleaf Capital Partners
Head of Investments (Korea), Willis Towers Watson
Director, Private Fund Group, Credit Suisse (Hong Kong)
Managing Director, Head Private Debt Asia, Partners Group
Partner with the PDI Seoul Forum
The PDI Seoul Forum 2020 will offer a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile among senior private debt decision-makers across the world.
For exclusive sponsorship package for the PDI Seoul Forum and PDI Japan Korea Week, please contact sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org, call +852 2153 3846.
Do not want to miss any new updates? Subscribe our e-newsletter by registering your interest now.