Creating global opportunities for Korean capital
The 2nd annual PDI Seoul Forum returns on 7 November, creating unrivalled opportunities to align your business strategies with the investment preferences of more than 100 Korean LPs.
Utilising Private Debt Investor’s position as the most trusted private debt publication globally, the Forum programme will ensure you are ahead of the curve in your investment strategies, with frequent networking sessions to enhance connections.
There has never been a better time than the Seoul Forum to join your global peers to connect with the LPs shaping global capital flows and strengthen your portfolio
Key topics featured at the conference:
- Kaleidoscopic view from global to local private debt markets, focuses on different countries: US, Europe, Australia, Japan, Korea and other Asia markets
- Panels: Gathering the leading asset management companies and gatekeepers
- Hot strategies: Distressed, senior, mezzanine & unitranche
- An introduction of private debt to local investors across capital stack
- Growth and opportunities of real estate & infrastructure debts
Connect with the giant Korean institutional investors to demonstrate your value-add capabilities and turbocharge your fundraising.
Meet global GPs and practitioners to share latest trends and market information to unlock investment opportunities.
Grow your business by demonstrating the unique service to global private credit leaders and create new connections with industry players
“It provides good insight into how Korean LPs think about this asset class.”
“Very well organized and structured. Great access to the asset class’ leading players and insights.”
Juno, Hee Kyoung Yoon
“Founding members gave us insightful sharing and perspectives from regional LP are inspiring.”
As Korean institutional investors are expanding their alternative investments to grow revenue amid the global environment, the likes of KTCU, NPS, Korea Post, and Korea Investment Corporation are leading the way in allocating capital to global debt funds.
If you are fundraising in Asia, you cannot afford to miss connecting with more than 100 Korean LPs at the PDI Seoul Forum.
Access global market intelligence
As Private Debt Investor has been regarded as the most prestigious publications specialised in private debt, the forum will bring you exclusive insights and latest trends from the leading professionals and practitioners.
Based on the latest PDI 50 research the private debt market is stable, with future funds targeting more region-specific opportunities.
Source: PDI 50 ranking
*PDI 50 ranks that 50 private debt fund managers raising the most amount of capital over a five-year period.
LP’s drift to private debt, going to private credit in multiple forms
Based on Goldman insurance latest survey shows that LP’s drift to private debt
Join the leaders in private debt
senior private debt professionals
Past attendees from Japan & Korea series events:
Latest survey completed by Private Debt Investor research team shows that private debts LPs are looking to increase the number of GP relationships.
Join both the Tokyo and Seoul Forums in the same week to maximise your time in Asia
Invigorate your fundraising strategy by spending a week with Asia’s largest and most active outbound institutional investors in Japan and Korea by purchasing a single ticket. Connect with more than 200 Japanese and Korean LPs across two industry-leading events in Tokyo (5 November) and Seoul (7 November).
If you are fundraising in Asia, do not miss the chance to meet the regions’ largest LPs this November!
Key features of the Forums:
- More than 200 LPs in attendance across the week at a GP:LP ratio of 1:1.5
- 14 hours+ of premium networking across the week with institutional investors, fund managers, advisors, and strategic partners
- Unparalleled content, featuring exclusive Japanese and Korean LP insight on the private credit industry
- New and improved networking app to connect with key targets prior to event day
Supercharge your fundraising
Secure your next capital allocation by connecting with senior decision-makers from Japanese and Korean LPs.
Knowledge-sharing with opinion leaders
Strengthen your investment strategy by sharing ideas with the most influential debt investment community that gathers at all PDI global events.
Maximise your time and money
Take advantage of your time out of the office to gain the greatest business results possible by connecting with both of Asia’s major outbound LP communities in the space of one week.
Past attendees to Japan & Korea series events:
Check out the key takeaways from the PDI Seoul Forum 2018 to discover the high calibre of attendees and content that takes place at a PDI conference.
Check out package options available and then secure your place today to maximise savings.
PDI Tokyo & Seoul Forums
Boost your networking opportunities, and gain the best savings, by attending both the Seoul & Tokyo Forums on 5th and 7th November.
- Access to 200+ LPs from Japan and Korea
- Access to two days of premium content
- 14+ hours networking with global private debt’s most influential community
- Access to both luncheon and cocktail networking receptions in Japan and Korea
- Dedicated networking time for intimate knowledge-sharing with like-minded individuals
- Contact PDI Tokyo and Seoul Forum attendees before, during and after the event utilising our new and improved event app
- Save up to US$1829.50 before 14 August 2019
PDI Tokyo Forum only
The inaugural Tokyo Forum on 5 November is a one-of-a-kind event in Japan focused on global private credit markets and outbound capital flows.
- Connect with 100+ Japanese LPs
- Access to one day of premium content at the ONLY dedicated private credit event in Japan
- 7+ hours networking
- Access to luncheon and end of day cocktail reception
- Contact Tokyo Forum attendees before, during and after the event utilising our new and improved event app
- Save up to US$800 before 14 August 2019
PDI Seoul Forum only
The second annual PDI Seoul Forum on 7 November is Korea’s only conference exclusively focused on global debt strategies and fundraising opportunities.
- Connect with 100+ Korean LPs
- Access to one day of premium content at the ONLY dedicated private debt conference in Korea
- 7+ hours of networking
- Access to end of day cocktail reception
- Contact Seoul Forum attendees before, during and after the event utilising our new and improved event app
- Save up to US$800 before 14 August 2019
Day 1 - Thursday 7th
Registration & networking
PEI welcome and opening remarks from Chairperson
Keynote panel: Global debt strategies under the microscope
- How do investors view the role of private debt within the wider portfolio?
- Addressing issues unique to debt such as tighter terms and limited deal sourcing opportunities
- What are the most compelling funds in market, and how do they stay competitive?
- Where are investors likely to find the returns?
Keynote: Getting your debt strategy right
- Understanding different fund structures and gaining exposure across the capital stack
- Hot strategies in focus: Distressed, mezzanine and senior debts
- Case Study: Investing in complex debt structuring deals: The perils and the potential of the unitranche
Developed market focus: Where to find value in private credit?
• US, Europe & Australia: Where are these markets in the debt cycle?
• How regulations are likely to change and how they will impact manager strategies and allocations?
• How currency risk is impacting investor sentiment in these markets?
• What type of deals are currently available in these markets? What is the risk-adjusted return expectation?
Panel: Private corporate debt – A focus on mid-market direct lending
• What are the drivers for investing in the mid-market? How does the upper and lower mid-market compare for deals, visibility, terms and returns?
• What are the trade-offs between syndicated lending and private market lending in the mid-market and SME space?
• To what extent to mid-market lending dynamics align with the overall private debt cycle?
• What are the documentation trends for mid-market transactions?
PDI Talk: Effective ways to manage, add value and extract maximum return from a distressed portfolio
• How are Asian or European counties dealing with their NPL issues?
• Distress and NPL exit strategies that meet return expectations: What are the available options?
• Where are we in the economic cycle and how does credit special situations change in response to the wider economic situation?
Networking lunch (Sponsored by HPS)
Panel: Strategies for successful fundraising in Korea
- What can and cannot Korean LPs invest into internationally
- What is the role of asset management and securities companies in Korea and how do they work?
- How do opportunities in private debt in Korea and compare to the rest of the Asia?
Panel: Investor appetite for real estate debt
• Real estate investment as an asset class: What makes it so popular?
• Where in their portfolio does real estate debt sit for Korean LPs and how does this impact return expectations?
• Debt fund and direct real estate lending opportunities in US, Europe and Australia
• What is LPs’ appetite for real estate debt?
Panel: The rise of infrastructure debt
• How do recent local regulations encourage Korean investors to pursue this strategy?
• Where are we in the debt cycle and how long can the good times last?
• Where does infrastructure debt sit in an LPs portfolio and how does this impact return expectations?
Korean LP perspectives on private debt
- What is giving LPs the confidence to increase allocations to private debt?
- What are Korean LPs’ risk appetite and geographic focus? Where on the capital stack are investors looking?
- How to pick your fund manager: Who will manage capital the best – single strategy fund manager vs multi-asset fund managers vs multi-strategy funds managers
- What do Korean investors want from their global fund managers?
End of forum and Cocktail (Sponsored by MGG)
Chief Investment Officer, DGB Life insurance
Chief Investment Officer and Head of the Global Private Credit Group in Goldman Sachs’ Merchant Banking Division, Goldman Sachs Group
Director, Property, Wingate
Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Alcentra
Managing Director, Barings
Americas Editor, Private Debt Investor
Reporter, Private Debt Investor
Expert In Alternative Lending and Private Debt, Supervisory Board Member – Mizuho Europe
Head of Private Equity Team, Hyundai Marine & Fire Insurance
Executive Director, Team Leader of Alternative Investment Team, LOTTE Insurance
Team Head, KDB Life Insurance
Governing Partner, HPS Investment Partners
Founder and Managing Partner, PennantPark Investment Advisers
Co-founder and President, MGG Investment Group
Head of Asset Management Department, Meritz Insurance
Partner with the PDI Seoul Forum
The PDI Seoul Forum 2019 will offer a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile among 150+ senior private debt decision-makers across the world.
For exclusive sponsorship package for the PDI Seoul Forum 2019, please contact sponsorship team at firstname.lastname@example.org, call +852 2153 3846.