The Private Debt Investor New York Forum is back in person for 2022 and will bring together senior professionals engaged in the continued expansion of private debt as an asset class. The forum will enter its ninth successful year as the premier platform for investors to discuss how private credit strategies fit into their investment portfolios.
Attending the Private Debt Investor New York Forum will allow you to:
- Engage with private debt professionals and institutional investors to cultivate new business relationships
- Hear how firms differentiate themselves in this highly competitive and dynamic market
- Debate best practices and return strategies across the private debt and credit asset class
- Participate in a wide range of impactful discussions in various formats that include off-the-record think-tanks, sector-focused breakout sessions, and fireside chats with industry leaders
Gain insights you can’t find anywhere else
Hear from experienced panelists eager to share their wealth of knowledge about the private debt asset class. Gain insight into various private debt-related topics, including direct lending, secondaries, real estate, specialty finance, and more.
Connect with private debt professionals
Benefit from conversations with private debt experts about emerging opportunities and tips for securing capital within the asset class. Network in-person during networking breaks, an evening drinks reception, think tank breakfasts, and more.
Expand your investor network
Take advantage of the unique opportunity to meet with and hear from the growing list of institutional investors attending the forum. Plus, have meaningful discussions with investors about allocating to private debt and what they look for from GPs.
Download the brochure for crucial event information, including:
- Agenda highlights featuring the most pressing topics facing private debt professionals
- Featured speakers from leading firms in the private debt space
- In-person networking opportunities that are available throughout the forum
- The preliminary list of asset management firms and investors who will be in attendance
- Venue and hotel information
- And more!
- Macro trends: Inflation, world markets, and more
- Direct lending: What’s new?
- The case for specialty finance: Navigating exposure
- Special situations and distressed investing in today’s environment
- Sustainability-linked loans, metrics, risk assessments, and ESG considerations
- Diversity & inclusion in the private credit industry
- Opportunities in the secondaries market
- Real estate debt
- Infrastructure debt
- And more!
Browse the 2022 attendee list
Network with your peers in private debt
Chief Executive Officer, Country Financial
Absolutely invaluable! The perspectives from GPs, LPs, and industry analysts all in one place made this the most beneficial investor meeting I will attend this…
Head of Corporate Credit, CDPQ
Overall great retreat; an opportunity to step back and think about private debt opportunities and trends.
Managing Director, Sun Life Capital Management
Good opportunity to get back up to speed on lending markets, trends, changes, and individuals in the arena.
Chief Executive Officer, Country Financial
Absolutely invaluable! The perspectives from GPs, LPs, and industry analysts all in one place made this the most beneficial investor meeting I will attend this year.
The Private Debt Investor New York Forum offers a unique opportunity for organizations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for GPs and investors allocating to private debt.
For information on available 2022 sponsorship opportunities, please contact Holly James at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 11 4551 3252.
Partner, ESG & Impact, Kirkland & Ellis
Partner and Co-Head of U.S. Credit and Leveraged Finance, Sullivan and Cromwell
Managing Partner, Kartesia
MD, Americas Structured Credit and Financials, CPP Investments
Head of Direct Lending, Golub Capital
Principal and Managing Director, Marathon Structured Credit
Managing Director, AB Private Credit Investors
Managing Director, Deputy Portfolio Manager, CBRE Investment Management
CEO & CIO, MGG Investment Group
Managing Director, Global Credit, Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO)
Managing Director, Private Credit Group, Bain Capital Credit
President, AB Private Credit Investors
Global Head of Private Credit, Pantheon Ventures
Senior Partner, Twin Brook Capital Partners
President & CEO, Churchill Asset Management
Founder & President, Deerpath Capital Management
Managing Director, Head of the Credit Strategies, Portfolio Advisors
Managing Director, Private Credit Portfolio Manager & Head of Origination of Credit Investment Group, Credit Suisse Asset Management
Partner, Private Credit, Adams Street Partners
Managing Director & Co-Portfolio Manager, Institutional Portfolios, Monroe Capital LLC
President, Audax Private Debt
Managing Director, Fitch Ratings
Partner & Co-President, White Oak Global Advisors
Managing Director, KKR Credit
Head of Illiquid Credit Strategies, Carlyle
Managing Director, Credit & Structured Products, Alter Domus
Partner, Fried Frank
Head of Private Credit Americas Business Development, Partners Group
Partner, Latham and Watkins
Portfolio Manager, Resolution Life
By PEI Media
Day 1 - Wednesday 21st
Registration & welcome breakfast
Women’s networking breakfast
State of the Union for Private Credit 2022
Greg Cashman, Head of Direct Lending, Golub Capital
Macro trends ahead: Weathering changes
- Main risk factors going into 2023
- The current state of the world’s markets as they pertain to civil unrest, Covid-19 concerns, the war in Ukraine, and the threat of additional Russian sanctions
- Fears around climbing interest rates and the effects of inflation
- Opportunities to generate alpha during periods of market dislocation
- Expansion by size, geography, and strategy
Benjamin E. Rubin, Partner, Proskauer
Jennifer Hartviksen, Managing Director, Global Credit, Investment Management Corporation of Ontario (IMCO)
Kenneth Kencel, President & CEO, Churchill Asset Management
Direct lending: Protection for the future
- Supply and demand dynamics in the direct lending space
- Addressing concerns around profit margins due to inflation and rising interest rates and how best to protect your firm
- How underwriting changed post-pandemic to create more resilient strategies
- Essential ways to ensure capital preservation
Daniel C. Seale, Partner, Latham & Watkins
Faraaz Kamran, Senior Partner, Twin Brook Capital Partners
Chris Lund, Managing Director & Co-Portfolio Manager, Institutional Portfolios, Monroe Capital LLC
Kevin Magid, President, Audax Private Debt
Emerging ESG trends in private credit
- Loan structuring to encourage responsible behavior
- Innovative ways to link loans to ESG considerations
- Incorporating ESG considerations to assess risk metrics and thematic issues, including climate change, net-zero commitments, energy transitions, resource availability, workforce practices, and inclusive growth
- Using data & ESG analytics
- Acquiring data and metrics to help meet LP expectations for reporting
Paul Barker, Partner, ESG & Impact, Kirkland & Ellis
Kevin Griffin, CEO & CIO, MGG Investment Group
Justin Lawrence, Partner, Private Credit, Adams Street Partners
William Needham, Managing Director, KKR Credit
- Advantages CLOs offer over other structured products and credit assets
- Collateralized loan obligations in the US vs. Europe
- Managing the complexity of CLOs and leveraging technology
- Role of rating agencies
Derek Miller, Managing Director, Fitch Ratings
Nicole Byrns, Managing Director, Capital Solutions, CPP Investments
Tim Ruxton, Managing Director, Credit & Structured Products, Alter Domus
Track A: Secondaries: Creating opportunity
- Understanding the key players and best practices for approaching the market
- Risk/benefit analysis of investing in this asset class
- Key concerns from LP’s surrounding allocation and whether they play in the secondaries market
Michael Suppappola, Partner, Proskauer
John Kyles, Managing Director, Head of the Credit Strategies, Portfolio Advisors
Track B: What’s next for real estate debt?
- Overview of delinquency rates and the outlook for CRE property values with the continued work-from-home trend
- The future of commercial and retail space
- Current inflation concerns and interest rates in the public housing market
Christian Fuqua, Managing Director, Deputy Portfolio Manager, CBRE Investment Management
Track C: Direct lending in lower-middle & middle market landscapes
- How direct lending transactions are beginning to build out the definition of the middle market outside of the deal size
- What this means for performance, risk-adjusted returns, and value creation
Laurent Bouvier, Managing Partner, Kartesia
Jennifer Daly, Partner, King & Spalding
James Kirby, Founder & President, Deerpath Capital Management
Track A: The evolution of evergreen/open-ended funds
- Background/overview on open-ended funds
- Challenges of closed-ended funds
- Benefits of staying invested
- Concerns from LPs that greater alignment and liquidity must be weighed against the risk of a unique fund structure to an investment committee and how to address that
Brent Humphries, President, AB Private Credit Investors
Paul Saunders, Head of Private Credit Americas Business Development, Partners Group
Track B: Infrastructure debt: The key to recovery
- How has the infrastructure bill affected the debt market since it passed almost a year ago?
- Yield trends across the asset class
- The importance of digital infrastructure and how it is driving infrastructure debt growth
Patrick Fear, Managing Director, AB Private Credit Investors
Track C: The big questions for LPs (LP-only think tank)
- Exchange ideas with other LPs about the most pressing questions for the year
- Conversations around benchmarking performance and future opportunities in the private credit space
Leslie Vargas, Portfolio Manager, Resolution Life
Special situations & distressed investing in today’s environment
- Strategies to take advantage of unique opportunities for overleveraged companies
- LPs’ willingness to commit capital for future opportunistic investments
- Case studies on managing defaults and resolving issues
- Identifying which sectors and strategies are providing the most opportunities while avoiding more vulnerable opportunities
Ari Blaut, Partner and Co-Head of U.S. Credit and Leveraged Finance, Sullivan and Cromwell
Alex Popov, Head of Illiquid Credit Strategies, Carlyle
Closing keynote: LP fireside chat
Day 2 - Thursday 22nd
LP think tank breakfast (Invitation only)
GP think tank breakfast (Invitation only)
PDI investment committee: USA
Our PDI Investment Committee looks at three investment case studies from leading GPs across different regions in this unique interactive format.
Diversity in private credit
- Addressing diversity during the hiring process and structuring a pipeline to attract diversified candidates
- Initiatives, programming, and standardization of policies to retain talent
- Diversity and inclusion oversight and reporting
Carolyn Hastings, Managing Director, Private Credit Group, Bain Capital Credit
Rakesh (Rick) Jain, Global Head of Private Credit, Pantheon Ventures
Relative value opportunities across syndicated and private credit
- Convergence of the two markets
- Yield and liquidity comparison across the two markets and in the context of broader market conditions
Caroline Sandberg, Partner, Fried Frank
Kevin Lawi, Managing Director, Private Credit Portfolio Manager & Head of Origination of Credit Investment Group, Credit Suisse Asset Management
The case for specialty finance: Navigating exposure
- Alternative credit strategies for strong capital protections
- The ability for compelling risk-adjusted returns
- Role of solutions-based financing, generally in support of economic development at state and local levels to help accelerate recovery
Ed Cong, Principal and Managing Director, Marathon Structured Credit
Darius J. Mozaffarian, Partner & Co-President, White Oak Global Advisors
End of conference & lunch
All conference sessions will take place at Convene.
We have also reserved a room block at the Kimpton Muse Hotel for attendees at a discounted rate.* To reserve your room at the hotel, please use the link below (room block code is M77) or call reservations at 1-800-KIMPTON and mention the Private Debt Investor New York Forum.
* The group rate is only available until August 30, 2022
At the Private Debt Investor New York Forum 2022, we want to ensure you can safely network with industry peers and participate in the in-person learning experience. As part of our commitment to safety and per Convene’s policies and New York’s safety guidelines, we are requiring all attendees to be fully vaccinated against Covid-19.
To enter the Forum, guests must provide a photo ID and at least one of the following forms of proof of full vaccination against Covid-19:
- State/city digital vaccine pass (g., New York Excelsior pass)
- Digital copy of your Center for Disease Control vaccine card
- Hard copy of your Center for Disease Control vaccine card
- International attendees can bring either a digital or hard copy of their official vaccination record for a Covid-19 vaccine administered outside the United States, including AstraZeneca/SK Bioscience, Serum Institute of India, COVISHIELD, Vaxzevria, Sinopharm, or Sinovac
We will NOT be accepting PCR tests, rapid tests, or one dose of Pfizer or Moderna. Masks are optional but recommended. PEI will be providing PPE including disposable masks, Clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer onsite.
Covid-19 policies are subject to change.
If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to our customer service team at +1 212 645 1919 or email@example.com.
You won’t want to miss out on this must-attend event packed with in-person networking opportunities and an expansive community of private debt professionals who will be in attendance. Participate in networking sessions and meaningful discussions about industry trends and emerging opportunities to ensure you are at the forefront of the latest trends affecting your investment strategies. Plus, gain essential insights through conversations with experts about strategies for allocating funds to private debt and generating high returns.
Investors you will hear from and can meet at the forum include IMCO, AIMCo, CPPIB America, CDPQ, MetLife Insurance, Liberty Mutual Insurance, Royal Bank of Canada, Nationwide Insurance, Lombard Odier, and more.
Benefit from the return to in-person networking
Network in person in New York City
We are excited to welcome attendees back in person to mingle during networking breaks and have insightful discussions and brainstorming sessions.
Create invaluable connections
Form meaningful business relationships at the forum to build your network of knowledgeable and experienced contacts within the private debt sector.
Meet investors and fund managers
Take advantage of the unique opportunity to discuss allocation strategies and industry trends with top investors and asset managers engaged in private debt.