This live event is now part of the Operating Partners All Access membership
An Operating Partners All Access membership is a new way to keep a global network of operating partners in the know with high-level content and networking across the year.
The Operating Partners Forum: Europe is now just one of the many essential updates we’ll give you throughout the year with your Operating Partners All Access membership.
Europe’s largest event aimed at driving value within private equity owned companies is back in London.
Join your peers at this crucial time to discuss how to deal with the current downturn and return to growth post-crisis. Hear from experienced operating partners and C-level executives on how they continue to deliver value creation strategies, create top-line growth and drive EBITDA improvement in their portfolio.
The event provides extensive opportunities to connect with your peers. Join one-to-one meetings, group discussions, and think tanks to build relationships and compare value creation best practices.
Connect with value creation professionals
Previous Forum attendees include
Managing Partner & CEO, BM&T
This is now the must-attend event for Operating Partners in the UK if not Europe. An excellent opportunity to catch up with the latest thinking and to network w…
Partner, E2T Capital
Good forum, practical, a wealth of know-how sitting in the room and straight to the point
Comatch, Managing Director UK
The forum is a great environment to connect with familiar faces, meet new people and discuss topical issues facing the industry
Managing Partner & CEO, BM&T
This is now the must-attend event for Operating Partners in the UK if not Europe. An excellent opportunity to catch up with the latest thinking and to network with peers
Your membership includes:
Operating Partners All Access is a service that connects you to the people and resources that can help guide you through today’s ever-changing nuances of doing your job, year-round.
This Forum is one of the many essential updates we’ll give you throughout the year with your Operating Partners All Access membership. All event attendees must be members.
Our purpose-built event platform provides you with a number of way to network. Attendees get year-round access to the event platform. Set up your meetings ahead of time, as well as continue conversations and make connections after the forum has ended.
Search for business opportunities.
Filter individual profiles and decide who you want to meet based on company type, sector or region.
Get maximum visibility.
Send a direct message that goes straight to the recipient’s corporate email as well as their inbox on the platform.
Schedule video meetings.
Meet with speakers or attendees of individual agenda sessions through the main agenda.
Reach out and make new connections.
Attendees have access for 12 months to the operating partner community.
Discover how your peers are responding to the impact of the pandemic and discover business priorities for 2021.
Access 16 hours of interactive content from 100 speakers across the two days. Watch keynote interviews, panel discussions, debates and much more.
With the online platform you can:
- Create your own daily agenda so you don’t miss a meeting or a key session
- Take part in the sessions through speaker Q&A and live polling
- Watch any sessions you missed at a later date. All sessions will be available on-demand
Explore the virtual exhibition hall and chat with sponsors to discover solutions to your business concerns.
Through the platform you can:
- Visit the virtual exhibition booth to discover the range of solutions available to help you better serve your customers
- Interact with the exhibitors you can request more information with the click of a button or arrange a meeting to discuss the products and services in more detail
The virtual experience allows you to find and connect with the people you want to meet more easily. Search the attendee list, start a conversation and arrange meetings with value creation professionals.
Find the people you want to meet
Want to catch up with an old colleague or make a new contact with a specific focus?
Search and filter the delegate list and create a shortlist of the people you most want to meet. Message them to chat and arrange online video meetings throughout the event.
Arrange 1-2-1 video meetings
Share strategies and discuss ways to find growth post-pandemic in private meetings. During the event you can have video meetings with other attendees. Simply search the delegate list for the people you want to meet, arrange a time and send them a meeting invite. You can invite up to five people to any one meeting.
Identify other attendees with the same interests
Whatever your area of interest the forum discussions allow you to take part in conversations on the issues that matter most to you or start your own topic.
You will be able to see who else is joining the conversation and message them privately if you want to continue the discussion.
12 months access to the community
You will have 12 months of access to the platform. Login 4 weeks before the event to build your agenda and arrange meetings with the people you want to meet during the event.
The messaging and forums, as well as access to recordings of all sessions will be available 12 months after the event.
Day 1 - Tuesday 16th
The evolution of value creation in an economy that has been fundamentally shifted
- How has investment strategy and type of company being invested in changed? What is the knock-on impact on operating partners?
- Have economic disruption and lockdowns impacted how much PE firms engage with external advisors?
- To what extent has the speed of evolution of operating teams increased in the past 18 months?
- Has the profile of full-time operating partners been enhanced?
Commercial Excellence Keynote Survey
Event knowledge partners Blue Ridge will present findings of a commercial excellence survey followed by reflections from leading operating partners on the results.
Making the “magic quadrant” work: how the deal partner, operating partner, CEO & board chairperson can work together to deliver value creation
- Defining the roles of all four members of the quadrant and why every situation is different
- How can operating partners help set a framework for success?
- How operating partners can work most effectively with each member of the quadrant
- War stories of when the group doesn’t function and how-to turnaround challenging situations
Coffee & networking
Developing a value creation plan for carve-outs
- Why carveouts lend themselves to significant improvements
- Developing a value creation strategy during due diligence
- The importance of negotiating a detailed Transition Service Agreement
- Making a 100-day plan once your foot is in the door
Innovative tech strategies for customer retention
- Using tech, machine & AI to manage customer retention
- The importance of identifying your key audience
- Post-sale marketing to keep customers engaged
- The importance of focusing on net retention
How digital transformation can give PE firms a competitive edge
- Leveraging data & analytics to unlock cross-portfolio value
- Developing a digital strategy for more traditional companies
- Transforming in house processes in addition to those at portfolio companies
- Using digital to transform the outside-in approach
How to make the board effective in a disrupted economy
- Should operating partners be on the board
- Working out the ideal skillset composition
- Considering the role of the chair
- Maintaining focus and avoiding some of the common mistakes of a board
Ensuring a positive CFO/CEO relationship to drive success
- What is the ideal skillset for a portfolio CFO?
- How to best support CFOs without previous PE experience
- Dealing with a breakdown in relations between CFO & CEO
Why addressing diversity is a business imperative
- To what extent should operating partners be looking at their own team vs. portfolio companies?
- Looking at initiatives from different PE firms, what has been successful?
- How to ensure management at portfolio companies takes diversity seriously
How to turn culture into a value driver
Tech & talent: why a tech transformation plan needs to prioritise people first
- How to highlight and address issues with tech expertise
- Ensuring management teams are capable of delivering
- Cast studies where the management team has been transformed in terms of tech expertise
Data science and advanced analytics in private equity
- To what extent are data and AI becoming embedded in value creation plans?
- Do firms need inhouse data science expertise?
- Practical tips to avoid drowning in useless data
Implementing digital and technological transformation a time of change
- Using technology to make your portfolio businesses more efficient
- Understanding the challenges around web-enablement and changes in consumer behaviour
- Working with leadership to implement tech initiatives
Technology value creation and exit strategy
- Showing the value of investment in tech during a PE ownership cycle
- Highlighting opportunities for future tech gains for the next owner
- Pragmatic steps to position for exit
Optimising sales for the hybrid world
- What should the sales organisation look like, now that buyers and sellers are working in hybrid office / home set-ups?
- How should field, virtual and digital sales work together to grow revenue?
- How should the new sales model be led, managed and measured?
Cost optimisation to unlock value
- Identifying which areas to prioritise
- Focusing on pricing as we all as cost out
- Setting targets and getting management buy-in
- Implementing a cost performance culture in companies
Accelerating valuation through the go-to-market lever
- Prioritising your growth buyers and their new buyer journeys
- Leveraging the right mix of customer-facing roles and ways to reach them
- Driving GTM change early enough to significantly impact valuation
Using digital and analytical tools to enhance procurement savings
- What digital tools are available?
- Having a cross portfolio view of procurement
- Using expert advisors vs. having your own inhouse expertise
Coffee & networking
Tech due diligence to ensure post-deal technological success
- How involved are operating partners?
- To what extent is it possible to develop a tech plan pre-deal vs. dealing with what you are given?
- Dealing with integration challenges when they come
Roundtable discussions over drinks
- Procurement Challenges
- Salesforce Effectiveness
- Board Effectiveness
- Talent Management
- Digital Transformation
Day 2 - Wednesday 17th
Invitation-only Think Tank for Operating Partners
This closed-door session is an opportunity to share first-hand accounts on how to best position yourself in your career as an operating partner. The think tank will expose the toughest challenges operating partners face daily and will allow you to learn best practices in dealing with them.
Deal Mechanic case studies: Operational excellence stories explained by the participants
Why integrating ESG into value creation plans is now a necessity
- To what extent should sustainability experts be leading on ESG vs. someone on the investment team?
- Mapping out and engaging with all key stakeholders on ESG
- Incentivising management and portfolio companies with sustainability based KPIs
- Moving to net-zero and how the work involved can benefit the exit value
Moderator: Marc Lino, Partner, Global ESG leader for Private Equity, Bain & Company
How PE investors can help portfolio companies drive long-term value
- Considering the reasons that executives sometimes focus on short-term results
- Why it crucial to not relying purely on growth
- Investing and managing talent to ensure success
- Improving outcomes for all stakeholders in the business
Moderator: Frédéric Brunner, CEO and Founder, Genioo
Shaping management equity plans to drive value creation
- Outlining the issue that PE firms have had because of changing tax laws
- Creating equity plans to align all key stakeholders
- Case studies of successful implementation and why it is so important
- How to react when things go wrong due to economic disruption
Coffee & networking
Making CEOs effective at PE backed companies
- Choosing the right CEO, how crucial is previous experience of working with PE?
- What specific characteristics are most important for CEOS
- The importance of CEO interactions with the PE house and board
- What are the usual reasons for failure? Spotting issues and when to pull the trigger
How to successfully implement a buy-and-build strategy
- The importance of choosing the right sector and why cashflow is king
- Building on a solid platform and targeting companies that add value
- Going in with eyes wide open to possible issues
- Case studies in successful and failed buy-and-builds
Close of conference followed by lunch
Invitation only workshop sessions
Our workshops will offer an opportunity for operating partners to discuss different topics of value creation in small groups allowing you to build your network of operating partners with similar areas of expertise.
Workshop A: Board Effectiveness
Workshop B: Digital Marketing – Led by Bain & Company
Workshop C: Customer Experience
For more information on speaking opportunities please contact Charles Gould at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +44 (0) 203 879 3893.