The 6th Agri Investor Australia Forum is returning to the Grand Hyatt in Melbourne on 6 October. Join agri-focused investors, fund managers, strategic partners and more in-person to firmly plant natural capital as a strategy to create a net-zero portfolio.
Analyse crucial trends and discover investor tendencies to help you understand the best way to raise agri funds, use agTech efficiently, and gain a dynamic outlook on investment opportunities.
Secure your place to harness the power of natural capital to future-proof your portfolio this October.
Meet the influential agri-investing community
Reconnect with 200+ investors and thought-leaders across natural assets.
Gain in-depth insight from investors
Hear from industry titans about the key drivers for natural capital investment.
Supercharge your fundraising
Find the right investor for your fund and start conversations to place your firm at the front of the pack.
Year-on-year attendee include:
View crucial topics shaping the conference
Key agenda items include:
- Investor appetite for agri funds vs. direct agri investments
- How do family offices transform their capital into sustainable and low carbon portfolios?
- Which strategies are on investor radars?
- Where are the value-added opportunities in Australian ag?
- And more.
Harmony Agriculture and Food
Great opportunity to understand what is needed in Ag investment and how different sectors view the opportunity and risks of Ag investments.
A Pragmatic discussion about deploying capital into agri investments
Westpac Banking Corporation
Fantastic networking event and a chance to hear from experts how to make agri investments work.
We help brands to meet the right investors, close communication gaps, and maximise exposures among the influential agriculture investment community. Attendees are exclusively decision-makers at the leading agriculture investors, fund and asset managers across the region and globe.
Sponsorship gives you:
- Early access to networking and meet the right investors
- Opportunity to share your thought-leadership
- High-profile branding opportunities
- And much, much more …
Contact James Baker to discuss your branding and thought-leadership options.
Venture Capital, Growth Investor and Principal, Telstra Ventures
Managing Director, Oxley Capital Partners
Head of Research, RepuTex
APAC Editor, Agri Investor
Managing Director, Kilara Capital
Head of Natural Capital, QIC
General Partner, Tenacious Ventures
Managing Director, Institutional Business Asia Pacific, Manulife Investment Management Timber and Agriculture
Founder, Merricks Capital
Chief Executive Officer, Harvest Road
Professor of Accounting and Deputy Head of Department, The University of Melbourne
Head of Natural Capital, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
Director, Carbon Markets, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
Head of Agribusiness and Food, Austrade
Agri Australia Forum - Thursday 6th
Investor Breakfast (Open to institutional investors only)
An intimate, off-the-record, closed-door session for strategic sharing and insight around focused topics. Pre-registration is required.
Welcome address by PEI & Chair
Keynote Panel: The present & future of natural capital
- Understanding the definition of natural capital and its evolution as an asset class
- Geopolitics, food security and its impact on agriculture & natural capital
- What are the best subsectors and strategies for investment in the asset class?
LP Panel: The real assets investment strategy for domestic investors
- What is the investor appetite for real assets in the current environment?
- How does agriculture and natural capital configure in the real assets portfolio?
- How do you balance long-term investments with customer demand for liquidity?
Panel: The emergence of carbon markets
- Is carbon trading an innovative solution or defeating the purpose?
- How can carbon offsetting projects be turned into additional revenue streams?
- Understanding the multiplier effect of carbon value in valuations
Naomi Siegel Soderstrom
Professor of Accounting and Deputy Head of Department, The University of MelbourneRead bio
Director, Carbon Markets, Clean Energy Finance CorporationRead bio
Managing Director, Institutional Business Asia Pacific, Manulife Investment Management Timber and AgricultureRead bio
Head of Research, RepuTexRead bio
Family Office Panel: Families discuss sustainable transformations
- Hear from family offices who are setting the example through sustainable transformations of their agri portfolios
- How do you reconcile modern day values with family legacy?
- A sharing of the success stories and the hard lessons
Panel: Spearheading innovation in agtech
- The role of agtech in helping achieve ESG targets
- Ground-breaking technologies improving food production systems
- How are governmental policies favourable for innovative solutions in 2023?
Investor Panel: Overseas investors’ take on Aussie natural capital
- What are the most rewarding sectors to invest in right now in terms of fiscal performance and positive social / environmental impact?
- Battling the seen and unseen risks of climate change – how do you “climate-proof” your portfolio?
- ESG – how far the Aussie natural capital portfolio has come, and how far it needs to go?
Panel: Deep dive into the water market
- The balancing act of profit and social impact
- Reducing water usage- did Australia get the pricing structure right or should we be talking about water offsetting markets?
- Challenges and opportunities for 2023