The 6th Agri Investor Australia Forum was held successfully at Grand Hyatt in Melbourne on 6 October. Joined by agri-focused investors, fund managers, strategic partners and more in-person to firmly plant natural capital as a strategy to create a net-zero portfolio.
Analyse crucial trends and discover investor tendencies to help you understand the best way to raise agri funds, use agTech efficiently, and gain a dynamic outlook on investment opportunities.
Join the forum to harness the power of natural capital to future-proof your portfolio this October.
Meet the influential agri-investing community
Reconnect with 200+ investors and thought-leaders across natural assets.
Gain in-depth insight from investors
Hear from industry titans about the key drivers for natural capital investment.
Supercharge your fundraising
Find the right investor for your fund and start conversations to place your firm at the front of the pack.
Meet our Keynote
Board Director, Aware Super
Antoinette shared alternative ways to communicate with Supers. Learn how to boost your profile and open new doors to opportunities.
2022 Confirmed investor attendees include:
View crucial topics shaping the conference
Key agenda items include:
- Investor appetite for agri funds vs. direct agri investments
- How do family offices transform their capital into sustainable and low carbon portfolios?
- Which strategies are on investor radars?
- Where are the value-added opportunities in Australian ag?
- And more.
Harmony Agriculture and Food
Great opportunity to understand what is needed in Ag investment and how different sectors view the opportunity and risks of Ag investments.
A Pragmatic discussion about deploying capital into agri investments
Westpac Banking Corporation
Fantastic networking event and a chance to hear from experts how to make agri investments work.
We help brands to meet the right investors, close communication gaps, and maximise exposures among the influential agriculture investment community. Attendees are exclusively decision-makers at the leading agriculture investors, fund and asset managers across the region and globe.
Sponsorship gives you:
- Early access to networking and meet the right investors
- Opportunity to share your thought-leadership
- High-profile branding opportunities
- And much, much more …
Contact James Baker to discuss your branding and thought-leadership options.
Managing Director, Investments, Pollination
National Director, Agribusiness, CBRE
Executive Director, First Exar Family Office
Partner, Telstra Ventures
Chief Investment Officer, goFARM Australia
Managing Director, Rocket Seeder
Managing Director, Oxley Capital Partners
Senior Manager, Natural Capital, Point Advisory
Director, Mutual Trust
Head of Research, RepuTex
Director, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES)
APAC Editor, Agri Investor
Country Director - Australia, Agriculture Capital
Managing Director, Kilara – (backed by Liberman/Krasnostein family)
Managing Partner, Kinneret Impact Ventures
Founder and Executive Chairman, Macdoch Group in Australia
Board Director, AWARE Super
General Manager, Water Partners (Aust)
Head of Natural Capital, QIC
Co-Founder and General Partner, Tenacious Ventures
Partner, Analyst, Real Assets, Albourne Partners (Asia)
Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Timberland, Manulife Investment Management
Acting Head of Innovation and Impact Investment, WWF-Australia
Head of Real Assets, Frontier
Executive Chairman and Chief Investment Officer, Merricks Capital
Professor of Accounting and Deputy Head of Department, The University of Melbourne
Head of Natural Capital, Clean Energy Finance Corporation
Head of Agribusiness and Food, Austrade
Portfolio Manager, Wilson Asset Management
Agri Australia Forum - Thursday 6th
Investor Breakfast (Open to institutional investors only)
Open to institutional investors only. An intimate, off-the-record, closed-door session for strategic sharing and insight around focused topics. Pre-registration is required.
Registration & Coffee
Welcome address by PEI & Chair
Keynote Panel: The present & future of natural capital
- Understanding the definition of natural capital and its evolution as an asset class
- Geopolitics, food security and its impact on agriculture & natural capital
- What are the best subsectors and strategies for investment in the asset class?
Investor Panel: The real assets investment strategy for domestic investors
- What is the investor appetite for real assets in the current environment?
- How does agriculture and natural capital configure in the real assets portfolio?
- What is holding Australian investors back from agri and how can this be overcome?
Panel: The emergence of carbon markets
- Is carbon trading an innovative solution or defeating the purpose?
- How can carbon offsetting projects be turned into additional revenue streams?
- Understanding the multiplier effect of carbon value in valuations
Naomi Siegel Soderstrom, FASSA
Professor of Accounting and Deputy Head of Department, The University of MelbourneRead bio
Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Timberland, Manulife Investment ManagementRead bio
Head of Research, RepuTexRead bio
National Director, Agribusiness, CBRERead bio
Investor Keynote Presentation: How Agri can learn to speak 'superannuation' in a way that could open doors to investment
- Do you know what you’re really saying with your investment pitch?
- What are the challenges Agri has speaking the ‘superannuation’ language?
- Understanding the interests of bigger investors and what their needs really are
- How can you effectively communicate with Supers and open doors to opportunity?
Family Office Panel: Families discuss sustainable transformations
- Hear from family offices who are setting the example through sustainable transformations of their agri portfolios
- How do you reconcile modern day values with family legacy?
- Sharing success stories and lessons learned from ag investing portfolios
Managing Director, Kilara – (backed by Liberman/Krasnostein family)Read bio
Founder and Executive Chairman, Macdoch Group in AustraliaRead bio
Director, Mutual TrustRead bio
Executive Director, First Exar Family OfficeRead bio
Panel: Spearheading innovation in agri through tech
- How has the food security crisis driven up investments in the sector?
- The role of agtech in helping achieve ESG targets
- Innovation and technologies in improving food production systems
Investor Panel: Overseas investors’ take on Australian & global natural capital markets
- How is Australia viewed within global the natural capital portfolio and how does it
compare with other international markets?
- Where do international investors see the best returns in the ag sector and are they
looking to increase their allocations in Australia and elsewhere?
- ESG considerations for Australian and global investments
Panel: Deep dive into the water market
- The balancing act of profit and social impact
- Reducing water usage- did Australia get the pricing structure right or should we be talking about water offsetting markets?
- Challenges and opportunities for 2023
Country Director - Australia, Agriculture CapitalRead bio
Director, Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics and Sciences (ABARES)Read bio
General Manager, Water Partners (Aust)Read bio
Chief Investment Officer, goFARM AustraliaRead bio