This page explains what cookies are, how we use them on the websites of PEI Media, and your options for controlling them. We have also included some useful links so you’re able to find out more about cookies.
What are cookies?
Cookies (or similar technologies) are pieces of information which include a unique reference code that a website transfers to your device to store and sometimes track information about you. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session (“session cookies”) and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used, for example, to remember you when you return to the site and will last for longer (“persistent cookies”). Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. They are uniquely assigned to your device and are sent back to the originating website on each subsequent visit (if they last longer than a web session) or to another website that recognises that cookie.
Some of the cookies used by our sites are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services (such as interest based advertising and web analytics) on our behalf.
We use the following categories of cookies on our websites:
Category 1: Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website or areas with paid-for content. Without these cookies, services you have asked for, like ‘passwordless’ login and shopping baskets, cannot be provided. Because such cookies are essential for using a site, these cookies cannot be turned off without severely affecting your use of the website.
Category 2: Statistics Cookies
- These cookies collect anonymous information on how people use our Website. For example, we use Google Analytics cookies to help us understand how customers arrive at our site, browse or use our site and highlight areas where we can improve our website such as navigation, shopping experience and marketing campaigns. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- You can opt out the Google analytics cookie by following this link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
Category 3: Preferences Cookies
- These cookies remember choices you make such as the country you visit our website from, language and search parameters. These can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make the visits more tailored and pleasant. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
Category 4: Marketing Cookies
- These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advert as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third party advertising networks. They remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties such as advertisers.
Category 5: Social Media Cookies
- These cookies allow you to share what you’ve been doing on the website on social media such as LinkedIn and Twitter. These cookies are not within our control. Please refer to the respective privacy policies for how their cookies work.
Our cookies and your options
How to view your cookie settings and change them?
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your device, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies.
Please refer to the useful links below for your browser:
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/
Please note that by deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies you may not be able to access certain areas or features of our websites.
To manage your cookie consent preferences, please refer to the ‘Our Cookies and your options’ section.
Other useful links
You can also learn more about cookies in general by visiting http://www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional, useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser.
And to get additional detail on EU cookie law, you can visit https://www.cookielaw.org/your-cookie-law-rights/