As the world adjusts to a new reality due to the Covid-19 pandemic, the PEI Value Creation Forum: Asia on 3 December gives operational professionals and C-Suite executives from across Asia the opportunity to come together and emerge from 2020 in a stronger operational position than ever before.
Discover the optimized PortCo operating strategies key to driving high exit valuations utilised by operational trailblazers across Asia to deliver on your firm’s vision in this unprecedented time.
As the Asian leg of PEI’s industry-leading Operating Partners series, the Forum is a must-attend for anyone driving value in private equity and venture capital portfolio companies.
Key strategic insights in value creation
Exclusive influential panels on operational excellence and value-creation with pioneering operations executives in Asia.
Networking opportunity with top value creators
Be at the forefront of the operational excellence discussion in Asia and discover how to thrive in the “new normal”.
Build the most operationally efficient portfolio
Learn from senior decision-makers on how to drive value and how to deliver on your firm’s vision in the current climate.
Value Creation Forum: Asia brings together the elite of the operational side of private equity in Asia, with the speaking faculty featuring the most forward-thinking minds on value creation. Discussions range from human capital through robotic value creation, from choosing the right operating model to efficiently using the value creation function pre-acquisition.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) statement
YOUR WELLNESS IS OUR FIRST PRIORITY
That these are challenging times is plain for all to see. We hope you are keeping safe and well as “business as usual” is taking a new shape. Like you perhaps, we’re working out what that looks like.
The well-being of our customers, partners and our personnel is foremost, which is why we are monitoring developments closely with the latest guidance from local and national authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO) as it relates to travel to, and participation in, our events. Further information regarding the virus, best practice hygiene advice and travel recommendations can be found on the WHO website.
At this time, we expect the PEI Value Creation Forum: Asia will run as scheduled on 3 December at Grand Hyatt Singapore.
You can secure your place at the conference today to take advantage of the savings available. We are committed to providing the PEI community with safe access to our industry-leading community and content this December, as well as digital access leading up to and during the conference. Secure your place today to gain maximum benefit.
For any further inquiries, please contact our customer services team on +852 2153 3844 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For any enquiries on the 2020 programme, please contact Helen Sanders at email@example.com.
Day 1 - Thursday 3rd
Registration and coffee
Welcome from PEI and Chair's opening remarks
Keynote address: Building portcos that can weather any storm
Panel: Hit the ground running – value creation for Y1 growth
- Taking advantage of the diligence window: combining growth planning with risk assessment
- What can private equity learn from venture capital about value creation; and vice versa?
- What the best 100 day plans look like and how to gain buy-in
- Optimizing your strategy for year-one growth
Case Study: AI, machine learning and automation to accelerate value creation
Dynamic, closed-door sessions for stakeholder subsets to enable open discussion and problem solving
GALLERY I: PORTCO STRATEGY ROOM
Designed for Operating Partners and Portfolio Managers to tackle the biggest challenges you face today from planning through to pay.
- 100 day planning best practice
- Driving customer equity
- Pricing strategies to drive profitability
- Business risk modelling and mitigation
- Aligning incentives with performance
GALLERY I: FUND OPERATIONS ROOM
A space for fund CFOs & COOs to take a deep dive into internal operational efficiencies & the role of the C-suite in PortCo management.
- Creating value at the fund level
- Engagement in the value creation process
- Structuring and incentivising the team: success-ownership
- Working with PortCos on cost modelling
ATELIER I: TECH & DATA LOUNGE
Leveraging technology advancements to drive transformative value creation and operational efficiencies at the PortCo level.
- Organic vs strategic digital transformation
- Cross-portfolio data strategies
- Data in due diligence: X and O
- Working with data and tech in B2B vs B2C
ATELIER II: CEO LOUNGE
What are the biggest issues facing CEOs today? Crisis management was a big theme in 2020.. what should the PortCo CEO expect in 2021?
- Driving value post-crisis
- Aligning with the PM to create value
- Getting the people and culture right
- Transferable skills across sectors and industries
Panel: Carving out the role of the operating partner
- Why you need an operating partner, the role of the operating team: generating momentum and measuring their value add,
- Integrating operating partners and value creation teams into incentivisation and team structure
- Building your supplementary network: Functionalists, generalists and consultants
- Specialists vs generalists: Which fit your strategy and resources?
Case Study: Building a scalable operating platform
Panel: Driving value through supply chain optimisation
- Creating e2e efficiencies
- Using simulations
- Adding ESG considerations into the mix
Case Studies: Views from private equity
- Navigating the unique challenges of special situations and turnarounds
- Working with late growth stage management to assemble and retain high performance teams
Case Studies: Views from venture capital
- Understanding tech firms and their unique value creation challenges
- Working with early growth stage management to assemble and retain high performance teams
Panel: Maintaining value creation momentum through to exit
- The value creation/operating team’s involvement in the valuation process
- Driving growth to exit and beyond
- Preparing the company and management for exit to minimise disruption
Chair’s closing remarks followed by networking
The PEI Value Creation Forum: Asia is the premier meeting place to connect you with operating partners and senior-executives in Asia, driving value and deliver top-line growth across your portfolio companies.
Key discussion points will focus on:
- Private equity portfolio performance post COVID-19 and how to prepare for 2021 from an operational standpoint
- Best practice in carving out the Operating Partner role
- Working with the PE/VC CEO
- What the best 100-day plans look like and how to gain buy-in
- Next-gen value creation: Unlocking value through digital transformationand much more…
Value creation should be the key priority from day one day for dealmakers
Research has found that over 61% of dealmakers think if they were to do their deal again, they would prioritise value creation earlier.
Key Content includes-
- Harnessing the potential of digital
- Enhancing the value of due diligence
- The human capital challenge for private equity firms
- Reaping the benefits of RPA
Interested in speaking at the Forum? Please contact Helen Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Director, CD&R (Asia)
Managing Director, CMA Pacific Partners (HK)
Managing Director, Everstone Capital Asia
Partner and Managing Director Asia, Riverside Asia Partners
Partner and Head of Hong Kong, Mid Market Asia, EQT Partners Singapore
SVP and Global Head, SAP Private Equity
Senior Director, Portfolio Management and Monitoring, Ekuinas
Director, KKR Capstone US
Managing Director and Head of Portfolio Management, NewQuest Capital
Managing Director, ShawKwei & Partners
Principal, Permira Advisers
News Editor, Private Equity International
Chief Executive Officer, Linnovate Partners
Director and Head of Business Development Asia, IHS Markit
Co-founder and Partner, Asia Partners
Executive Vice President and Chief of Global Alliances, Automation Anywhere
Partner, Simon-Kucher & Partners
Senior Partner, Head of Asia, Advantage Partners
Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Asense
Chief Operating Partner, Allegro Funds
Managing Director, TPG Capital
Operating Partner, Portfolio Management, Olympus Capital
The Value Creation Forum: Asia will offer a unique opportunity for organizations to raise their profile by meeting with leading operational leaders and senior executives across the globe.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2020, contact sponsorship team at email@example.com, call +852 2153 3846.