The Responsible Investment Forum returns for its fifth year as a virtual event to bring together the most sophisticated institutional investors, fund managers, consultants and highly recognized associations to discuss why, when, and how your firm should be implementing an effective ESG strategy.
ESG issues are at the heart of all PEI’s editorial coverage, with our reporters consistently following and scrutinizing the ways in which managers in the US are adopting responsible investment practices and what LPs are looking for as they consider investing in private equity. PEI, partnering with the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), continues to prove itself as a thought-leader in this area, and is at the forefront of covering the growth of ESG in North American private equity.
- Delivering social and environmental impact in the healthcare sector
- Good sustainability reporting
- Responsible investing for real estate investors
- ESG in private debt
- Sustainable infrastructure investing
- Clean, renewable & sustainable energy
- Emerging opportunities in impact investing
- Emerging markets
- Environmental justice
- Driving diversity for better results
- The impact of covid-19 on logistics and supply chain
Bringing together the LPs, GPs and associations leading the way in responsible investment practices
Understand how LPs are benchmarking corporate governance and how it impacts the manager selection process.
Hear from corporate
Learn how to manage and monitor an ESG policy that aligns with your primary responsibility of delivering returns to investors.
Get involved in a community dedicated to creating more sustainable value, brought together over the past seven years by PEI and UN PRI.
- Profile customization
- Create a personalized schedule by adding select sessions and face to face virtual meetings to “My Agenda”
- Want to meet list
- 1-on-1 networking meeting tools
- Interactive panel sessions with Q&A and discussion boards
- Automated reminders
- On-demand playback access to select sessions for up to 12 months
Chief Investment Officer, Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
Angela Miller-May, Chief Investment Officer, Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund, manages and directs the operations of the Fund’s investment portfolio, providing ongoing performance evaluation and due diligence.
Under her leadership, she has increased the investment of total assets with Minority, Women and Persons with Disabilities owned managers from 33% to 44%, positioning CTPF as a leader among U.S. pension plans in the encouragement of Diversity and Inclusion.
A sample of who you can meet
2020 Attendees Included:
2020 Event testimonials
“I really enjoyed the conference. It was very encouraging to hear how GP’s are integrating ESG not only in their portfolios but in their firms as we…
“Global warming, air pollution, and energy insecurity are three of the greatest problems facing humanity. The Responsible Investment Forum is a powerful g…
“It’s great to see PEI bring together a diverse and growing group of investment professionals interested and active in responsible and sustainable investment. T…
“I really enjoyed the conference. It was very encouraging to hear how GP’s are integrating ESG not only in their portfolios but in their firms as well. It was great to learn about their best practices as well as lessons learned. The breakout sessions and panels were very informative. The conference provided good networking opportunities as well.”
“Global warming, air pollution, and energy insecurity are three of the greatest problems facing humanity. The Responsible Investment Forum is a powerful global platform for like minded ESG investors to transition towards environmentally sustainable economies and societies for all”
“It’s great to see PEI bring together a diverse and growing group of investment professionals interested and active in responsible and sustainable investment. The format of 1:1 interactions, break out and plenary sessions was useful to share general market perspectives and engage in detail to share experience and deepen understanding of the many and varied ESG issues facing our industry today”
As we navigate the current global health crisis, we continue to offer the private equity community a Forum to engage, learn, and network. The Responsible Investment Forum New York will deliver the same first class dynamic content and peer networking opportunities through our virtual platform.
Join us on March 3-4, 2021 for a virtual experience as we bring together the most sophisticated LPs, GPs and associations to discuss why, when, and how your firm should be implementing an effective ESG strategy.
Utilize the virtual meeting tools to schedule private face to face video meetings with institutional investors and fund managers
High quality content
Hear impactful discussions and keynote presentations and participate in interactive Q&A’s with speakers
A customized experience
Tailor your virtual experience by customizing your personal profile and agenda
Receive access to select sessions up to one year post-event anytime, anywhere
Virtual networking lounges
Visit sponsor networking lounges to meet privately with sponsors and to download sponsor resources
Early access to the platform
Access the platform two weeks prior to the event and begin networking with fellow event attendees and customizing your agenda/profile
Network and build key relationships
Network at any time throughout the two day virtual Responsible Investment Forum NY. Take advantage of our virtual meeting tools by sending a message or scheduling a face to face video meeting with Forum attendees.
- Early access to the platform: Get a jumpstart on your virtual experience when the platform opens two weeks prior to the event (February 17th). Customize your own individual profile and personal agenda and begin browsing through fellow attendee and speaker profiles.
- “Want to meet” list: Attendees can add fellow attendees to their “want to meet” list; once two people have both added each other to their individual lists a private, face to face 25 minute video meeting will be scheduled and added to both attendees’ personal agendas.
- Search, send, and schedule features: Search attendee profiles, send fellow attendees a message, and schedule a private, face to face video meeting anytime during the conference. Use the built-in search function to filter the list of attendees based on selected criteria such as fund type, sector focus, strategy, AUM, etc.
Participate in live and interactive discussions
Through the integrated Zoom platform, participate in a wide range of impactful discussions in various formats that include invitation only think-tanks, sector focused breakout sessions and keynote fireside chats with industry leaders.
- Live panel discussions with live audience Q&A
- Create a personalized schedule by adding select sessions and face to face virtual meetings to your customized agenda “My Agenda”
- Networking meeting tools
- Interactive discussion boards
- Automated reminders
- On-demand playback access to select sessions for up to 12 months
Meet with globally recognized service providers, fund managers, and associations
Learn more about our event sponsors and partners in the virtual networking lounge. The virtual networking rooms can be accessed at anytime and there you can:
- Live chat with sponsors
- Easily request information
- Access additional resources materials available
The virtual Responsible Investment Forum New York will connect you with the leaders in the private equity community providing a place to engage, learn, and network.
Network at any time throughout the two day virtual Forum. Take advantage of our virtual meeting tools by sending a private message or scheduling a 1-on-1 or group face to face video meeting with Forum attendees.
Create a Want-to-Meet list
Two weeks leading up to the event, all attendees can add fellow attendees to your want to meet list. The auto scheduler meeting tool will match mutually interested attendees and setup a 1:1 video meeting.
Find the attendees you want to meet most by searching through criteria such as und type, sector focus, strategy, AUM, etc. You can prioritize your want to meet list based on who you want to meet most.
Search, send messages, and schedule meetings
Search attendee profiles, send fellow attendees a message, and schedule 1-on-1 or group meetings anytime during the conference. Meetings will take place as private, face to face video meetings.
Use the built-in search function to filter the list of attendees based on selected criteria such as fund type, sector focus, strategy, AUM, etc. Join your private meetings through your personalized agenda.
Network before and after the event
Begin filling out your profile and creating your personalized agenda 2 weeks prior to the event on February 17th.
Post event, receive access to select sessions and continue the conversation through the virtual platform for up to 12 months. Search and filter through the event attendees and send private messages.
Day 1 - Wednesday 3rd
LP think tank (invitation-only)
- How has Covid-19 impacted on your current investments, and what will be the long-term impact on your future investment strategy?
- Are you evaluating mangers differently?
- Compared to this time last year, are ESG considerations more/same/less important to your investment decisions?
Matthew D. Schey, Senior Director, Strategic Projects, Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA)
GP think tank (Invitation-only)
PEI welcome & chairman’s opening remarks
Seth Kerker, Director of Events – Americas, PEI
Opening keynote fireside chat
Keynote institutional investor roundtable discussion
Angela Miller-May, Chief Investment Officer, Chicago Teachers’ Pension Fund
Delivering social and environmental impact in the healthcare sector
- In the wake of the coronavirus crisis, what do you consider to be the greatest ESG challenge facing the healthcare sector today?
- What are your LPs and other stakeholders asking for in the case of funds dedicated to healthcare?
- Emerging opportunities in healthcare
- Impact investing in healthcare and measuring impact
Good sustainability reporting
How you can improve sustainability reporting and disclosure on Environmental, Social, and Governance issues in an evolving landscape.
Candice Richards, Compliance Officer, MidOcean Partners
Afternoon networking break
Spotlight discussion: impact investing with Apollo Global Management
Marc Becker, Senior Partner and Co-lead of Impact, Private Equity, Apollo Global Management
Lisa Hall, Impact Chairperson, Private Equity, Apollo Global Management
Joanna Reiss, Partner and Co-lead of Impact, Private Equity, Apollo Global Management
Track A | Responsible investing for real estate investors
Track B | ESG in private debt
A forward-looking conversation sourcing/screening and monitoring/engagement.
Adam Heltzer, Head of ESG, Ares Capital Management
Kristina Matthews, Managing Director, Head of Investor Relations & ESG, Brightwood Capital Advisors
Track C | Sustainable infrastructure investing
- Laying the foundations for sustainable infrastructure investing
- Sustainable and inclusive recovery
- How can infra investors contribute to SDG outcomes?
Dan Winters, Head of Americas, GRESB
Alfred Griffin, President, NY Green Bank
Samuel J. Lissner, Principal, Ridgewood Infrastructure
Jim Pass, Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners
Environmental, social, and governance integration
Effectively incorporating ESG factors into the investment underwriting process.
Robert Jenkins, Global Head of Research, Refinitiv
Michael Cappucci, Managing Director for Compliance and Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company (HMC)
Amy O’Brien, Head of Responsible Investing, Nuveen
Clean, renewable & sustainable energy
Day 2 - Thursday 4th
How does investing with a gender lens impact our social and economic future?
Seth Kerker, Director of Events – Americas, PEI
Opening keynote leadership discussion
Emerging opportunities in impact investing
- Raising capital for impact
- Understanding how to effectively measure and manage impact
- Where in the market do you see the biggest potential opportunity – climate/carbon solutions, fintech/wealth inequality, education, healthcare, others?
Mark Berryman, Managing Director, Impact Investing, Caprock
Antonio Marquez, Managing Partner & Founding Principal, Comunidad Partners
Megan Starr, Global Head of Impact, The Carlyle Group
Julia Wittlin, CFA, CAIA, FRM, Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, BlackRock Private Equity Partners (PEP)
Managing Director, Impact Investing, CaprockRead bio
Managing Partner & Founding Principal, Comunidad PartnersRead bio
Global Head of Impact, The Carlyle GroupRead bio
Julia Wittlin, CFA, CAIA, FRM
Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, BlackRock Private Equity Partners (PEP)Read bio
Morning networking break
Track A | Responsible agriculture investment strategies
Track B | The impact of covid-19 on logistics and supply chain
- Have we become too tight on logistics and supply chain?
- Looking at how we move goods and services around the world, from a US perspective where there be a return to that globalization?
- Managing ESG risk in the supply chains of private companies and assets
Dean Alborough, Head of ESG, Old Mutual Alternative Investments (OMAI)
Driving diversity for better results
Diversity & inclusion are a business imperative.
Has ESG proven effective so far in making an impact? And is ESG saving the planet for everybody?
Michael K. Dorsey, CEO & Co-Founder, Around the Corner Capital (USA), Managing Director, IberSun (Spain) & LP Pahal Solar
Andrew Rodriguez, CEO & Chief Investment Officer, Change Finance
Interested in speaking at the 2021 Forum?
Please contact Zakira Ralling at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 646 545 3321.
Head of ESG, Old Mutual Alternative Investments (OMAI)
Senior Partner and Co-lead of Impact, Private Equity, Apollo Global Management
Managing Director, Impact Investing, Caprock
Managing Director for Compliance and Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company (HMC)
CEO & Co-Founder, Around the Corner Capital (USA), Managing Director, IberSun (Spain) & LP Pahal Solar
President, NY Green Bank
Impact Chairperson, Private Equity Apollo Global Management
Head of ESG, Ares Capital Management
Global Head of Research, Refinitiv
Principal, Ridgewood Infrastructure
Managing Partner & Founding Principal, Comunidad Partners
Managing Director, Head of Investor Relations & ESG, Brightwood Capital Advisors
Chief Investment Officer, Chicago Teachers Pension Fund
Senior Vice President Asset Manager, Avanath Capital Management
Head of Responsible Investing, Nuveen
Senior Managing Director, Guggenheim Partners
Partner and Co-lead of Impact, Private Equity, Apollo Global Management
Compliance Officer, MidOcean Partners
CEO & Chief Investment Officer, Change Finance
Senior Director, Strategic Projects, Institutional Limited Partners Association (ILPA)
Global Head of Impact, The Carlyle Group
Head of Americas, GRESB
Managing Director and Senior Portfolio Manager, BlackRock Private Equity Partners (PEP)
The Responsible Investment Forum New York offers a unique opportunity for organizations to raise their profile by meeting with the largest gathering of investors, fund managers and organizations shaping the future of ESG in private equity.
For exclusive sponsorship packages,
contact Tyler Mitchell at email@example.com or call +1 646 795 3279.
What about the timezone difference? How do I set meetings on my timezone?
The platform shows available meeting times as per your computer’s timezone. For example, if you are based in New York, a meeting you set for 12 pm from your account will show to a recipient in Los Angeles as 9 am, reducing the human error impact of incorrectly guessing timezones.
It is worth noting that event timings will be running on the Eastern Time Zone. The platform will note the timezone abbreviation next to most timings to avoid confusion.
How do I access sessions?
All attendees will be sent a link to access our virtual conference app two weeks prior to the event. As a registered attendee, you will be sent a unique link to access the platform. That link is unique to you and cannot be shared with anyone else.
What is included in the ticket price?
Every registration ticket will include access to all general sessions, breakouts, interactive discussions, virtual networking sessions & private video chat, and on-demand playback of select sessions.
Do I need to sit in front of my laptop all day or all night?
No. There will be live content (which is where you can take part in live Q&As) and select sessions will be made on demand, so you can watch sessions at a time convenient to you.
I have watched enough webinars over the past 6 months, why would I want to watch more?
- Ask questions of panel speakers during the session
- Spend time face-to-face via video conference with speakers to ask questions after the
- Join roundtables to discuss the topics that matter to you with like-minded peers
- Focused networking breaks where you can discuss the strategies and opportunities you are interested in
- Pop in to sponsor booths to connect via video and discuss their offerings or a presentation that they have given