Effectively integrating ESG to create sustainable value
The Responsible Investment Forum returns to New York for its fourth year to bring together the most sophisticated LPs, GPs and associations to discuss why, when, and how your firm should be implementing an effective ESG strategy.
ESG issues are at the heart of all PEI’s editorial coverage, with our reporters consistently following and scrutinizing the ways in which managers in the US are adopting responsible investment practices and what LPs are looking for as they consider investing in private equity. PEI, partnering with the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI), continues to prove itself as a thought-leader in this area, and is at the forefront of covering the growth of ESG in North American private equity.
- Bridging the LP-GP divide on ESG
- ESG reporting and metrics for success
- Focusing on diversity at the fund level and portfolio level
- Placing climate risk at the top of your agenda
- Human capital as a driving force for value
- ESG and the American Frontier
- The ESG and impact investing dynamic
- Engaging the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) as a strategic assessment tool
- Value creation with ESG
- LP expectations and focus in ESG due diligence
Bringing together the LPs, GPs and associations leading the way in responsible investment practices
Understand how LPs are benchmarking corporate governance and how it impacts the manager selection process.
Hear from corporate
Learn how to manage and monitor an ESG policy that aligns with your primary responsibility of delivering returns to investors.
Get involved in a community dedicated to creating more sustainable value, brought together over the past seven years by PEI and UN PRI.
A sample of who you could meet
2019 Attendees included:
What our attendees say
The Responsible Investment Forum New York is a must-attend event for those interested in sustainability, which should be all private equity investors
Intentional Endowments Network
PEI’s Responsible Investment Forum brought together an impressive collection of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners on considering ESG fa…
Clayton Dubilier & Rice
If you are serious about integrating ESG into your investment strategy, you should attend this conference.
Intentional Endowments Network
PEI’s Responsible Investment Forum brought together an impressive collection of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners on considering ESG factors in private equity investing.
Day 1 - Wednesday 4th
LP think tank breakfast (invitation-only)
- What are the top issues for LPs as it relates to responsible investment?
- Collectively as an LP community what can we do? where can we play? What can we ask from our GPs to invest more responsibly as it relates to ESG?
- What’s most important to you?
- What can the LP community do collectively?
- In what areas can we collaborate to effect change?
Michael T. Cappucci, Senior Vice President, Compliance and Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company, Inc
Women’s networking breakfast (invitation-only)
Stephanie Campbell, General Partner, The Artemis Fund
Registration and welcome breakfast
Seth Kerker, Director Events – Americas, PEI
Chairperson's opening remarks
Opening keynote address
- Is PE under threat and how do we think about its role and social impact and the economy? How does ESG play a role?
- Fiduciary duties
- Do LPs have control over the capital?
- Flow of information between LPs and GPs
- How to evaluate managers
- Assessments and performance
Michael T. Cappucci, Senior Vice President, Compliance and Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company, Inc.
David Russell, Head of Responsible Investment, USS Investment Management Ltd
Andrew Siwo, Director of Sustainable Investments and Climate Solutions, New York State Common Retirement Fund
Senior Vice President for Compliance and Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company (HMC)Read bio
Head of Responsible Investment, USS Investment Management LtdRead bio
Director of Sustainable Investments and Climate Solutions, New York State Common Retirement FundRead bio
- Raising capital for impact: what assets owners are looking for and fund managers can provide
- Aligning on industry standards (Impact Management Project, IFC Operating Principles for Impact Management, IRIS+ Metrics)
- Clash between negative and positive impacts for multi-billion dollar managers
Ryan Miller, Partner, Malk Partners
Megan Starr, Principal and Head of Impact, The Carlyle Group
- How well is that data output performing in comparison to peers
- Are we able to benchmark fund manager performance?
- Can we marry performance data with ESG performance data? Are we able to communicate the info to LPs
- How to drive meaningful data
Alison Humphrey, Director of Environmental Social Governance, TPG
Dr. Philipp Aeby, CEO, RepRisk
Adam Black, Head of ESG & Sustainability, Coller Capital
Jeff Cohen, Institutional Product Strategist, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB)
Adam Heltzer, ESG & Sustainability, Partners Group
Dr. Philipp Aeby
CEO, RepriskRead bio
Director of Environmental Social Governance, TPGRead bio
Head of ESG & Sustainability, Coller CapitalRead bio
CAIA, Institutional Product Strategist, Sustainability Accounting Standards BoardRead bio
Head of ESG and Sustainability, APS AdvisoryRead bio
Keynote spotlight discussion
Impact Investing: How to participate in this emerging investing opportunity
- LP, GP, and company perspectives on having a fund, committing capital, and managing investments related to impact
- Understanding how to effectively measure and manage impact
Dan Mistler, ESG Specialist, Bridge House Advisors
Alifia Doriwala, Managing Director and Partner, RockCreek
Jennifer Signori, Senior Vice President, ESG and Impact Investing, Neuberger Berman
Track A | Responsible investing for real estate investors: developing underserved areas
- Affordable Housing
- Fragmented sustainability standards
- Sustainability Metrics: Translation and impact on property investment and management
- Strategies for investing in sustainable REITs
Ada T. Arevalo, VP, Fund Management, Avanath Capital Management
Inna Khidekel, Partner, Capital Markets, Bridge Investment Group
Anna Murray, Vice President of Sustainability, BentallGreenOak
Track B | ESG in private debt and responsible lending
- Applying an ESG strategy across different debt instruments
- Conducting ESG diligence in credit with limited access to information, balancing rigor and flexibility for large portfolios
- ESG-focused CLOs: market opportunities and additional scrutiny
Mike Hinkley, Vice President, Malk Partners
Greg Bowes, Co-Founder and Managing Principal, Albright Capital
Brian Good, Senior Managing Director and Co-head of Tradable Credit, THL Credit
Track C | Benchmarking infrastructure for ESG performance
- Responsible Investment Strategies in Infrastructure
- ESG and the long-term ownership of infrastructure assets
- Developing a process to integrate ESG in investment decisions
- Formulating an ESG policy and integrating it into the due diligence process
- ESG issues over the investment’s lifespan
- Supply Chain ESG Risks
Nick Cleary, Partner, Vantage Infrastructure
Samuel J. Lissner, Vice President, Ridgewood Infrastructure
Michael D. Underhill, Chief Investment Officer, Capital Innovations, LLC
ESG policy: formation, implementation and integration
Alan Kao, Global Service Line Leader – Compliance, Strategy & Transaction Services, Ramboll
Lee Coker, ESG Officer, Oak Hill Capital Funds
Sophie Flak, CSR and Digital Director, Eurazeo
Bryn Gostin, Senior Director, Head of Product Development & Strategy, Capital Dynamics
Jeff Pentland, Managing Director, Northleaf Capital Partners
Leela Ramnath, Director of ESG, Warburg Pincus
Principal, RambollRead bio
ESG Officer, Oak Hill Capital FundsRead bio
CSR and Digital Director, EurazeoRead bio
Senior Director, Head of Product Development & Strategy, Capital DynamicsRead bio
Managing Director, Northleaf Capital PartnersRead bio
Director of ESG, Warburg PincusRead bio
LAVCA awards presentation & case studies
Closing keynote address
Chairman's closing remarks
Day 2 - Thursday 5th
Registration and breakfast
Featured Spotlight Discussion
Suzanne Tavill, Global Head of Responsible Investing; Managing Director, StepStone Global
Corporate governance and board diversity
- Diversity at the investment professional and portfolio board level
- How should board members be focused on ESG and what does that mean?
Beth Lowery, Managing Director, TPG
Track A: Responsible agriculture investment strategies
Defining and advancing responsible agricultural investments
Sanaz Raczynski, Managing Director, Head of Sustainability, Nuveen
Track B: ESG challenges in healthcare
How to invest in renewable energy responsibly
- Preparing climate-related financial disclosures and/or evaluating climate risks as part of pre-acquisition due diligence
- Assessment of transition and physical climate risks to align with various reporting frameworks (CDP, TCFD)
Susan R. Kemball-Cook, PhD, Principal, Ramboll
Emily Kreps, Global Director, Investor Initiatives, CDP
Chairman's closing remarks
Interested in speaking at the Forum?
Please contact Zakira Ralling at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 646 545 3321.
Vice President of Fund Management, Avanath
Head of ESG & Sustainability, Coller Capital
Co-Founder and Managing Principal, Albright Capital
Senior Vice President for Compliance and Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company (HMC)
Partner, Vantage Infrastructure
CAIA, Institutional Product Strategist, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
ESG Officer, Oak Hill Capital Funds
Managing Director and Partner, RockCreek
SVP and Global Head of ESG, Blackstone
CSR and Digital Director, Eurazeo
Head of Americas , Principles for Responsible Investment
Senior Managing Director and Co-head of Tradable Credit, THL Credit
Senior Director, Head of Product Development & Strategy, Capital Dynamics
Head of ESG and Sustainability, APS Advisory
Vice President, Malk Partners
Director of Environmental Social Governance, TPG
Partner, Capital Markets, Bridge Investment Group
Vice President, Ridgewood Infrastructure
Managing Director for Sustainability and ESG, TPG
Senior Editor, Private Equity Group, Americas, PEI
ESG Specialist, Bridge House Advisors
Managing Director, Northleaf Capital Partners
Managing Director, Head of Sustainability, Nuveen
Director of ESG, Warburg Pincus
Head of Responsible Investment, USS Investment Management Ltd
Senior Vice President, ESG and Impact Investing, Neuberger Berman
Director of Sustainable Investments and Climate Solutions, New York State Common Retirement Fund
Principal and Head of Impact, The Carlyle Group
Global Head of Responsible Investing; Managing Director, StepStone Group
Chief Investment Officer, Capital Innovations, LLC
The Responsible Investment Forum New York offers a unique opportunity for organizations to raise their profile by meeting with the largest gathering of investors, fund managers and organizations shaping the future of ESG in private equity.
For exclusive sponsorship packages, contact Tyler Mitchell at email@example.com or call +1 646 795 3279.
Venue & hotel accommodations
730 Third Ave
New York, NY 10017
We have arranged a special conference rate at The Benjamin Hotel, 125 East 50th Street, NY, NY 10022. Rooms are limited and are on a first-come-first-served basis; early booking is strongly advised. Deadline to book at the conference rate is Tuesday, February 11.
Click HERE to directly book.