The only exclusively debt-focused real estate event in Asia, the 2nd annual PERE Debt Forum was successfully held through PERE Asia Week virtual experience on 16 November 2020.
The interactive virtual experience connected delegates to Asia’s leading institutional investors supplementing equity investments with debt strategies to the global fund managers financing projects across the world.
The Debt Forum is your best opportunity to build your network of credit-focused real estate investors.
ABL Life Insurance
CEO, LCI Investment Company
and former Global Head of Real Estate
Abu Dhabi Investment Authority
Head of Asia Secured Debt Investments and Head of Australian Investments Phoenix Property Investors
Vice President, Sustainable Infrastructure & Energy Finance
Key themes to be explored across the day include:
- Global overview and the RED 50: A snapshot of the highs and lows
- Strategic thinking: The lender’s perspective
- Real estate debt fundraising in Europe and the US
- What you need to know about China’s real estate debt market
- Identifying the right partners
The PERE Global Passport connects you to the virtual community of real estate decision-makers that attend all six of PERE’s industry-leading events with special perks that give you the advantage to secure capital commitments and finalize your next project over your peers. All without leaving your (home) office!
Key Step Capital
The specialised events at PERE Asia Week capture the key themes of the industry with good interaction with participants to discuss topical trends.
Max Ventures and Industries
It was my first conference and will be a regular event on my calendar in years to come.
Khazanah Nasional Berhad
The full PERE Asia Week was an informative and insightful event worth attending!
Advance your investment strategies by learning the tactics generating the highest yields and connect with those putting them into practice. As the only conference in Asia focused on real estate debt strategies, the knowledge-sharing with global peers and fund managers will be second-to-none.
Demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to institutional investors increasingly searching for diversified global exposure in private lending facilities as real asset debt strategies are desired as an alternative to bond investing.
Connect with your entire potential client base on our virtual meeting place to showcase your strategic insight to regional investors searching for opportunities worldwide and leading fund managers connecting capital to projects with just a few clicks.
With a focus on premium networking and content, the flagship PERE Asia Summit connects the world’s most sought after audience for global industry-leading knowledge-sharing and discussions.
Enhance your real estate debt strategy by exchanging ideas with the most influential LPs and demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to turbocharge fundraising for 2021 and beyond.
Early bird price ends on 16 Sep, save up to US$100 now!
Day 1 - Monday 16th
Registration and networking refreshments
Welcome from PERE and opening remarks from the Chairperson
Opening panel: Mapping out real estate debt in today’s investment environment
- What are the key learnings and return expectations from the COVID-19?
- Latest trends in global real estate and how debt fits into the modern portfolio
- The benefits and nuances of private equity real estate versus debt
- Understanding the key markets and opportunity sets, dispelling myths
Global overview and the RED 50: A snapshot of the highs and lows
This ranking will highlight the 50 largest managers of real estate debt funds based on the amount of capital raised from institutional investors between 1 Jan 2015 and 31 Dec 2019.
Networking and coffee break
Panel: Is now the right time to invest in real estate debt in Australia?
- How real estate debt has been impacted by COVID-19 in Australia?
- Pinpointing the best opportunities in this preferred, but very competitive, market
- Where are we in the economic cycle and how does credit special situations change in response to the wider economic situation?
Senior Reporter, PERERead bio
Managing Director – Property, WingateRead bio
Head of Australia, Real Assets, AXA Investment ManagersRead bio
Head of Asia Secured Debt Investments and Head of Australian Investments, Phoenix Property InvestorsRead bio
Panel: Real estate debt risks or opportunities in Europe and the US
- How COVID-19 outbreak, Brexit, trade tensions, and interest rate risk impact investment?
- The retail evolution: A risk or opportunity for distressed investors?
- Current availability of debt and financing for core and non-core assets
Real estate financing: ESG and sustainable investing
- ESG integration into debt funds
- Initiatives to standardise green lending and improve real estate sustainability
- How lenders can make a positive environmental impact?
Lead Representative for Asia, GRESBRead bio
Head of Sustainability, Institutional Banking Group, DBSRead bio
Director, Paterson SustainabilityRead bio
Global Head of ESG Research, Fitch RatingsRead bio
Vice President, WWFRead bio
Panel: Bank vs Debt fund manager: Lender perspectives
- How do you expect the profile of borrowers and lenders to change in 2021?
- What are smart ways to battle hedging costs?
- How to pursue different debt strategies for high yield
Head of Real Estate Client Coverage, APAC, Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI)Read bio
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora BankRead bio
Partner and Portfolio Manager, Multiple Capital Investment PartnersRead bio
Lennart van Mierlo
Head of Commercial Real Estate Debt, NN Investment PartnersRead bio
Networking and coffee break
Panel: The outlook for China’s real estate debt market
- China’s real estate debt situation and restrictions in the wake of COVID-19
- First, second or third-tier cities: Are loans secured on assets?
- Which sectors and building types offer the best opportunities in China for distressed debt?
- What should lenders aware, how do they monitor their credit portfolios and what actions can they take to minimise risk?
Shaping the future: Asian investors’ strategic thinking in real asset financing
- What are capital deployment opportunities for real estate debt and infrastructure debt?
- Do investors put real estate debt or infrastructure debt in fixed income or a real assets bucket? What are the pros and cons to each allocation tactic?
- Which debt strategies are most economy-proof?
- Where are the next target markets within the next five or ten years?
Chairperson’s closing remarks
PERE Asia Week Cocktail reception at The Lawn (Poolside), Level 6, Sofitel City Centre Singapore
Managing Director and Founding Member, BEI Capital
Chief Operating Officer, Paladin Capital Management
Head of Special Situations Financing, InfraRed NF Investment Advisers
SVP and Portfolio Manager, Fullerton Fund Management
Head of Sustainability, Institutional Banking Group, DBS
Founder and CEO, Global Hospitality Investment Group (GHIG)
Head of Valuation & Advisory Services, Colliers International
Team Head, ABL Life Insurance
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora Bank
Managing Director – Property, Wingate
Head of Fund Manager Research, PERE
Head of Australia, Real Assets, AXA Investment Managers
Partner and Portfolio Manager, Multiple Capital Investment Partners
Director of Investment, Pacific Tiger Group
Head of Debt Investments, Generali Real Estate
Head of Real Estate Client Coverage, APAC, Morgan Stanley Capital International (MSCI)
Lead Representative for Asia, GRESB
Assistant Manager, Overseas Property Investment, Tokio Marine Asset Management
Director, Paterson Sustainability
Global Head of Private Debt Strategy and Investor Solutions, PGIM Real Estate
Partner and Head of Real Estate Credit, KKR Credit Advisors (US)
Chief Executive Officer, LCI Investment Company
Partner - Real Estate Investing Business, Merchant Banking Division, Goldman Sachs
Global Head of ESG Research, Fitch Ratings
Head of Commercial Real Estate Debt, NN Investment Partners
Head of Asia Secured Debt Investments and Head of Australian Investments, Phoenix Property Investors
Director, Paterson Sustainability
Joint General Manager and Head of Real Estate Finance Group, Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation
Chief Investment Officer, Public Officials Benefit Association (POBA)
Investment Director - Real Estate, Private Equity, Real Assets and Debt Capital Markets, Capital Generation Partners
The 2nd annual PERE Debt Forum offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the global private real estate debt space.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2020, contact the Sponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 2153 3846.
Redefining the networking experience
PERE is committed to connecting the global real estate community so business can continue as normal as possible during abnormal conditions.
Through state-of-the-art technology, PERE Global Passport holders will have the asset class’ most influential decision-makers across the world instantly available for face-to-face video meetings to drive their business forward.
Join ADIA, Allianz Real Estate, CPPIB, CalSTRS, GPIF, NPS and many more investors at all six of PERE’s industry-leading virtual conferences across the year.
Join the new era of networking
The Global Passport is a virtual community of real estate decision-makers that allows you to secure capital commitments and build your client portfolio without leaving your (home) office.
Fill in your details to download the Global Passport brochure for more information.
Maximise your fundraising at Korea’s #1 global real estate conference
14 – 18 September
Connecting Japanese capital to private real estate
North America’s most powerful networking
Financing global private real estate with Asian capital
Shaping the future of private real estate at PERE’s flagship conference
Europe’s largest gathering of private real estate leaders
Enhance your PERE Debt Forum experience
PERE Global Passport holders get access to the most influential global real estate community across all six of our industry-leading conferences to ensure their business stays as normal as possible in abnormal times.