Investing in the energy transition as the world moves towards net-zero
As the world moves to net-zero, the energy transition is considered one of the biggest investment opportunities of the century.
Join institutional investors, fund managers, utility firms, project developers, investment banks and more to focus on investment opportunities in renewables and the energy transition.
Advance your fundraising
Connect with a global audience of investors with an interest in renewable markets and benefit from focused networking with the right people.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Explore the investment themes in the aftermath of COP26, what full on electrification means, what is a ‘fair’ return for renewables and is there further yield compression to go, and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Infrastructure Investor Energy Transition Forum is part of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, email@example.com, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Energy Transition Forum - Thursday 24th
Introduction from Infrastructure Investor
Welcome from the chair
Navigating the energy transition post COP-26 and looking towards COP-27
- Are the decarbonisation pathways clear enough to avoid a disorderly transition?
- What is the role of gas and nuclear in the energy transition?
- What has the recent energy crisis told us about gas’ future in energy markets?
- How do investors support the broad economy transition while meeting their firm’s portfolio goals for carbon reduction and net zero?
Generating stable returns in volatile energy markets
- How are fund managers putting dry powder to work in such a competitive space?
- Opportunities to support companies’ growth as opposed to buying assets at high prices
- To what extent are investors comfortable with some of the more innovative strategies?
- The challenges of operating in the same markets as large corporates and strategics with different priorities
Asset allocators views on the latest trends in the energy transition
- How increased focus on ESG is seeing more investors’ money flood into the energy transition
- Investing in asset creation: To what extent are investors comfortable with funds taking on more development risk/buying directly developers?
- What are investors demanding on S reporting requirements and what it means & G?
Coffee & networking
Electrification and the road to profitability
- Ultrafast vs. home/office charging, how do the business models compare?
- Assessing the EV charging business model for investors
- When does EV charging become a mainstream infra play?
- Taking stock on Government evolving frameworks for EV charging
- Why interoperability needs to be prioritised
Scotwind case study: floating offshore wind
- How local and global expertise will partner on this landmark project
- Delivering benefits to the wider economy
- To what extent could this project be a blueprint for future renewable investments?
Networking lunch with Digital Infrastructure and Infrastructure Debt Forum attendees
Are green hydrogen and green methanol the missing link in the energy transition?
- What is investable in hydrogen today?
- How have the hydrogen and methanol landscapes been evolving?
- Is blue hydrogen a necessary transitional step or is it a distraction from going green?
- How hydrogen can utilise existing gas networks
- Is there any reason to believe that the cost of hydrogen will come down as has happened with solar and wind?
Mobilising investment for clean energy in emerging markets
- Are investors attracted to EM for opportunities?
- How comfortable are investors with the risk/return profile?
- Which EM countries and regions offer the most attractive investment opportunities?
- Differences in business models in EM vs. investing in developed markets: risk levels, currency levels etc
Is now the time for mainstream infra funds to invest in battery storage?
- Why hasn’t the market grown as fast as some predicted in recent years? What is holding investors back?
- The importance of government in stimulating activity
- Battery storage revenue models