Pursuing the momentum for change in emerging and frontier economies
Join, learn from and network with a global delegation focused on investment opportunities in emerging markets.
The forum will bring together emerging market specialists with investors to push forward change and to discuss the current state of infrastructure investing in emerging economies.
Advance your fundraising
Connect with a global audience of investors with an interest in emerging markets and benefit from focused networking with the right people.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Find out the repercussions for emerging markets resulting from COP26, where infrastructure’s sub-sectors sit within emerging markets, the role ESG requirements have on emerging market investors’ investment processes and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Emerging Markets Forum is part of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, email@example.com, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Emerging Markets Forum - Monday 21st
Introduction from Infrastructure Investor and Welcome from the Chair
How have emerging markets fared two years on from inception of the pandemic
- How government spending in emerging markets has been impacted by covid-19
- Innovation in financing models to bring infrastructure development back on track in the emerging economies
- The impact of the pandemic on PPPs and new projects
The role of emerging markets in paving the way towards a greener planet
- What private investors are doing in relation to aiding climate adaptation
- The implications and opportunities that came out of COP-26 in relation to strengthening emerging market infrastructure climate resilience
- How to mitigate the disproportionate exposure to climate change in emerging markets
Associate, Infrastructure, GRESBRead bio
Managing Partner, Augment Infrastructure PartnersRead bio
Lead Portfolio Manager, AllianzGIRead bio
Senior Partner, Africa50 Infrastructure Acceleration FundRead bio
Director - Climate, Energy, Extractives, Financial & Capital Markets , MIGARead bio
Coffee & networking
How to identify the correct financing models in emerging market investment
- How different governmental bodies are attempting to make their markets more attractive to private capital
- The evolving role of MDBs in emerging market investment
- What needs to be done to streamline the link from private capital to projects within emerging markets
Moderator: Mujde Zeyne, Senior Advisor, Istanbul PPP Center of Excellence
Senior Advisor, Istanbul PPPCoERead bio
Investment Specialist, Asian Development BankRead bio
President, Czech Infrastructure AssociationRead bio
Director, Sustainable Infrastructure Policy & Project Preparation, EBRDRead bio
Senior Investment Officer, Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB)Read bio
Growth of impact investing in emerging markets
- How institutional investors can navigate the different regulation requirements within emerging markets
- Identifying best practice in impact investing in the emerging markets
- Managing and controlling supply chain to help the move to net-zero
Networking lunch with Social Infrastructure and ESG & Sustainability Forum attendees
Coffee & networking
The energy transition landscape in growth markets
- How the global energy mix needs to change to meet growing demand, and how this can be done sustainably
- What grid investment opportunities look like in frontier economies
- The role base-load technology like large scale waste-to-energy and more efficient fossil fuels must play in the near future
The digital revolution in emerging economies
- Finding a place for fibre, towers and data centres within the emerging markets in a 5G world
- How 5G and AI are contributing to eliminating the digital divide and connecting emerging economies
- How covid-19 impacted the digital investment landscape, from rising digital provider demands to supply chain disruption
Mitigating the perception of risk in emerging market investment
- How to find new normalities to overcome weaker framework approaches
- How investment gains can avoid reduction in sometimes volatile currencies
- How government bodies reduce the perception of political risk in unstable environments