The Operating Partners Human Capital Forum will bring together an elite crowd of top human capital value creators and operating partner specialists. It is the place to meet key players in the PE community and get a firm grasp on initiatives designed to transform operations, deliver growth, and drive value creation strategies through talent.
Speakers will provide insights into the evolving and rapidly changing talent market and share strategies and approaches that uncover why firms need a “human capital operating partner.” Join us to hear engaging and informative discussions to make your workforce planning a competitive advantage.
Highlights for the Forum include:
» Human capital best practices adopted during this year’s crisis
» Transitioning to a virtual workforce
» What will the future role of the human capital operating partner look like?
» Utilizing the hottest technology & state of the art resources for talent acquisition, assessment & development
» Performance improvement through people: goals, incentives, and compensation
» What tools have you effectively used to analyze team dynamics?
» Leadership assessments: getting leadership right and understanding governance as a key lever for value creation
» Workforce analytics: quantifying the impact/ROI of human capital
» Leading organizations and people through significant change
» Understanding and transforming culture when needed
» How is AI affecting and going to affect recruiting and developing talent?
» Diversity and inclusion workforce best practices
» People assessment best practices during the due diligence phase
» Profit through people: what recruiting processes are generating returns?
Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer
The Carlyle Group
Kara Helander is a Managing Director and Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer. She is based in Washington, DC. Prior to joining Carlyle, Ms. Helander was a Managing Director at BlackRock where she led the firm’s global inclusion and diversity, and philanthropy initiatives. Harvard Business School profiled those efforts she directed in the case study, “BlackRock: Diversity as a Driver of Success”.
Learn key strategies to accelerate growth through human capital
Join the leading PE operating specialists in human capital in North America
Network with top value creators focused on talent and leadership
For speaking opportunities, contact Marc Mele at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 646 581 9295.
*Please Note: All session times listed are Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)
Day 1 - Wednesday 14th
Human capital operating partners think tank (invitation-only)
Invitation-only think tank for full-time PE and VC operating partners and talent partners. This closed-door virtual room will allow you to learn and share best practices in human capital, talent management and recruiting operations. It will uncover this year’s new challenges in human capital. The think tank will allow you to submit topics to be introduced by the facilitators and discussed in the room.
Kelly Carlson, Managing Director, Head of Talent, STG Partners
Dayton Ogden, Head of Talent and Recruiting, Summit Partners
Alice Mann, Operating Partner, Blue Wolf Capital Partners
Steven Maxwell, Senior Vice President, Portfolio Human Capital, Audax Group
Managing Director, Head of Talent, STG PartnersRead bio
Head of Talent and Recruiting, Summit PartnersRead bio
Operating Partner, Human Capital, Blue Wolf Capital PartnersRead bio
Senior Vice President, Portfolio Human Capital, Audax Private EquityRead bio
PEI’s welcome and opening remarks
Talent recruitment best practices in the post COVID-19 world and beyond
- Recruiting talent during and after COVID-19: how companies will recruit talent differently from different parts of the world
- Transitioning to virtual workforce recruitment: utilizing the hottest technology & state of the art resources for talent acquisition, assessment & development
- How AI and big data can help you win the talent war
- Profit through people: what recruiting processes are generating returns
- What is the biggest hinderance to recruiting top tier talent in your portfolio companies nowadays?
- Evaluating and selecting search firms
- What levels in the organization does your PE firm get involved in talent and leadership selection?
Charles Egoville, Partner, JM Search
Sean Dougherty, Vice President, Talent and Operations, Inverness Graham Investments
Ben Holzemer, Partner, Global Head of Human Capital, TPG Global
Melissa Mounce, Managing Director, Leadership Talent, GTCR
Glenn Stevens, Partner, Talent Management, Apollo Global Management
Partner, JM SearchRead bio
Vice President, Talent and Operations, Inverness Graham InvestmentsRead bio
Partner, Global Head of Human Capital, TPG GlobalRead bio
Managing Director, Leadership Talent and Diversity, GTCRRead bio
Partner, Talent Management, Apollo Global ManagementRead bio
A spotlight on culture — critical steps for PE firms and their portcos to successfully execute strategy
- Getting smart about cultural assessments: using today’s tools during the due diligence and post deal periods
- Grasping the complex interplay between leadership, talent, corporate culture, and investment strategy
- What beliefs, values, and behaviors should senior leaders embody to transform cultures
- Assessing leaders’ speed and ability in executing strategy defined by the PE sponsor
- Understanding which elements of a company’s culture should be sustained and which must change to support the investment thesis
- Understanding forces and trends that are transforming businesses in a digital and virtual world
Ted Bililies, Managing Director and Chief Talent Officer, AlixPartners
Doron Grosman, President and CEO, Global Container Terminals
Kathy Krone, Managing Director, Thomas H. Lee Partners
Ann McCloskey, Operating Principal, Accel-KKR
Track 1: Transitioning to a virtual workforce: leveraging unified communications
- What is unified communications and why it is important
- The future of work: understanding how to take an onsite workforce and put them in ideal conditions to work remotely via virtual platforms
- How portfolio company executives are working/communicating in the current environment and what works best
- Operating partner stories: how to help manage your portfolio via cloud communications
- Cloud communications in a global, mobile workplace: integration with core cloud business systems
- How can your PE firm and portfolio companies best leverage these technologies to improve communications and operations while also cutting costs?
John Broderick, Operating Partner, Argosy Private Equity
Karim Fattal, Chief Operating Officer, HOF Capital
Natalie Ings, Managing Director, Portfolio Solutions, Lightyear Capital
Track 2: Workforce analytics: uncovering initiatives in people data science
- Key perspectives in understanding the role of data in a post pandemic world
- Utilizing workforce analytics to quantify performance improvement across the portfolio: what tools have you used to effectively analyse team dynamics and make comparisons of management capability across your assets
- Innovations in “people data science” to uncover hidden patterns in data to make you reconsider how you pay, retain, incentivize, and engage your employees
- People assessment best practices during the due diligence phase
- Leadership assessments: getting leadership right and understanding governance as a key value creation lever
Guy Barnes, Managing Partner, Acertitude
Merche del Valle, Managing Director and Chief Talent Officer, Grain Management
Elizabeth Wallace, Head of Portfolio Talent, Hg
Track 3: Tackling diversity and inclusion at your portfolio companies
- What is holding PE back from achieving diversity?
- What are you doing at your companies to tackle diversity and open dialogue? What specific initiatives/programs have you taken that were successful?
- How are companies leveraging data to augment their efforts with portfolio companies?
- KPIs for diversity: measuring effectiveness
- Diversity and leadership: what can be done better? How are you thinking about diversity of boards?
Kerensa Butler, National Pride Employee Network Group (ENG) Leader, Partner, RSM
Kara Helander, Managing Director, Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, The Carlyle Group
Track 4: Exploring talent growth opportunities within carve-out deals internationally
- Uncovering the top challenges associated with carve-outs in onboarding and keeping talent on an international scale
- Looking at roadblocks when onboarding new employees in countries where their company does not have an established entity and isn’t registered to run payroll
- How to cut down complexity and notorious lag time while staying compliant
Todd Goffman, General Counsel, Globalization Partners
Christopher Kim, Senior Vice President, Platinum Equity
How to recruit brilliant CFOs, and unleash the CFO-CEO-OP partnership
- What makes an ideal private equity CFO?
- How has the portfolio company CFO role evolved?
- Identifying and attracting in-demand CFOs
- Setting CFOs up for success
- Succeeding in the matrix: the CFO-CEO-OP partnership
Kevin O’Neill, Managing Partner and Co-Lead, Private Equity Practice, Acertitude
Chris Kitching, Operating Partner, HighBar Partners
Kristin Brown Patrick, Senior Operating Partner, Human Capital, New State Capital Partners
Achi Yaffe, Managing Director, Portfolio Operations, GI Partners
Arthur Zuckerman, Partner, CFO, CCO and Head of Portfolio Operations, Soundcore Capital Partners
Managing Partner and Co-Lead, Private Equity Practice, AcertitudeRead bio
Operating Partner, HighBar PartnersRead bio
Kristin Brown Patrick
Senior Operating Partner, Human Capital, New State Capital PartnersRead bio
Managing Director, Portfolio Operations, GI PartnersRead bio
Partner, CFO, CCO and Head of Portfolio Operations, Soundcore Capital Partners, LLCRead bio
Women in PE & VC portfolio operations lunch (invitation-only)
This closed-door session will explore what it’s like being a woman in PE & VC portfolio operations:
- What are the issues causing a disparity in genders?
- Exploring career paths, development, and how to position yourself as female leaders
- Is your firm focused on women’s leadership at portfolio companies?
- Does your company have any specific programs, leadership coaching and assessments geared towards promoting women’s leadership?
- Are there any changes in recruiting that will create a more equal playing field?
- Looking at trends and stats in gender in PE & VC
Tracey Abbott, Industry Value Creation, Portfolio Operations, Partners Group
Melissa Dickerson, Chief Financial Officer & Managing Director, Operations, Genstar Capital
Leslie Nielson, Managing Director, Alvarez and Marsal
Virtual networking lunch
Please use this time as an opportunity to connect with conference attendees and sponsors via the video chat function one-on-one or as a small group
PEI’s Annual Operating Partners Forum unites private equity operating partners and value creation experts. This intersection of individuals provides service providers with unique and customized programs to engage in thought provoking content discussions and provides numerous opportunities to connect in one-on-one discussions, roundtable events, and various other networking activities.
To explore how your firm can take a prominent leadership position, contact Lawrence Dvorchik at email@example.com or call +1 646 545 4429.
Resources from the Operating Partners Forum
View the below resources to get a sense of what will be discussed at the Operating Partners Human Capital Forum on October 14.
Discover best practices and ideas at a critical time for portfolio valuations at the industry’s first virtual event for private equity value creators
All sessions, idea forums and interactive meetings are uniquely designed to solve your toughest challenges during the covid-19 crisis & beyond.
Leading thought-provoking operating partner experts — all NEWLY updated!
Without ever leaving the comfort and security of your home, you can enjoy ALL the 100 + value creation experts sharing their practical guidance. Plus, you can participate in audience Q&A, polls, and download content and papers with just a few clicks
You also get:
- Built-in calendar to create your own daily schedule so you don’t miss your favorite sessions
- Automated reminders
- Polling and surveys
- On-demand playback gives you access to select sessions for up to 6 months
Network & build key relationships
Online networking can never replace face-to-face interaction, but done right, it can provide a very effective way for people to build their professional relationships and knowledge. At an in-person event, you get 2 days of engagement. With the Operating Partners Virtual Forum, you get an active virtual community.
Take advantage of these benefits:
- Attendee and Operating Partner directories: Use our searchable directory of our delegates, solution providers and speakers, so you can quickly find the right people and companies to connect with.
- Private messaging: Reach out privately and directly online (without having to expose email and phone number to “the world”)
- Virtual Meet-ups: Pre-schedule multi-person video conferences or one on one type meetups, allowing you to connect and talk about topics of interest.
Meet with the country’s leading solution providers in our virtual tradeshow
Just like any convention, you have the opportunity to meet with exhibitors and sponsors, browse the trade show, and chat with solution providers. You get all these features without ever stepping outside your front door. A searchable keyword index helps attendees you find the exhibitors and sponsors who are most relevant.
Other features include:
- Virtual tradeshow: See what solutions and ideas exhibitors and sponsors provide to help you better serve your employees and your members.
- Automated reminders
- Online meetings with exhibitors: Easily “request information” from exhibiting companies and share your information similar to having your badge scanned at a live event.