In its 10th anniversary, the longest running Private Equity meeting focused on bringing together GPs and LPs to discuss ESG issues and market trends in alternatives will return in June. Attracting over 250 delegates from more than 30 countries, this event is not to be missed.
Whilst ESG has grown due to LPs demanding managers to adopt stricter ESG principles, GPs are increasingly seeing how implementing ESG can add tangible value. This Forum presents the perfect opportunity to discuss the state of the industry with your peers and to be a part of a must-attend event for alternative asset professionals with an interest in ESG and responsible investment.
Create meaningful relationships
Connect with and hear from more private equity professionals than ever before throughout the event and have open discussion with your peers in our unique agenda focused on creating valuable opportunities.
Special 10th anniversary edition
Our 10th anniversary event will create the perfect opportunity to discuss how far the industry has come and what there is left to do.
Learn from your industry peers
Discussion of evolving topic areas such as linking impacts to ESG, implementing SDGs, managing water risk, climate risk strategy, influencing investment teams and much more.
Keynote speech from David Blumer of Blackrock explaining why the world’s largest asset manager is committed to ESG.
New kids on the block discussing what the rise of impact investing means for private equity.
Substantial variety of topics including the rise of governance, utilising data, human capital, tax, SASB standards, regulatory updates and much more.
ESG value creation case studies to learn from those involved in these successful deals.
Workshop sessions focused on realistic climate risk strategy for Private Equity & SDG implementation to give you practical takeaways to take back to the office.
David J. Blumer
Senior Managing Director and Global Head
BlackRock Alternative Investor
“Over the last decade we have seen growing recognition among investors that a company’s management of environmental, social, and governance matters can be a key indicator of its ability to deliver long term sustainable growth and investor returns.
I’m delighted to have this opportunity to contribute to the conversation around how ESG can help create long-term value for private equity investors. As a fiduciary to our clients, BlackRock seeks to incorporate material ESG factors into our investment process, which can help us better assess investment risks and opportunities.”
The Responsible Investment Forum gives a unique insight into the current perspectives of GPs, how they deal with these expectations and their practical response…
Expert speaker panel and excellent networking opportunities – one of the best events I have attended this year
Global Environment Fund
Excellent line up of speakers and a very relevant attendee list which helped understand the latest ESG trends and to connect one on one to investment profession…
The Responsible Investment Forum gives a unique insight into the current perspectives of GPs, how they deal with these expectations and their practical responses to them
Global Environment Fund
Excellent line up of speakers and a very relevant attendee list which helped understand the latest ESG trends and to connect one on one to investment professionals across the industry
Day 1 - Wednesday 5th
Keynote: Outlining why the world’s largest asset manager is committed to ESG
10 years of ESG in private equity: How far have we come?
- Is the industry too quick to congratulate itself?
- How far have LP expectations moved in the past decade? Are some LP boards kicking back on ESG?
- Who and what can move the needle further?
New kids on the block: the emergence of impact funds in private equity
- What can traditional PE funds learn from impact funds?
- Exploration on how and why traditional funds are launching impact strategies
- Investor views on impact compared to traditional PE: are ESG and impact the same thing?
- Is private equity buy-in proof of the impact investment concept?
Coffee & networking
Using data to drive ESG performance and proving impact
- GP practices for defining meaningful and relevant datapoints that support ESG management and reporting to LPs
- How are GPs using datapoints to prove positive impact?
- What is the quality of ESG reporting required for exit?
The UN SDGs: a call to action that is being answered
- Are the UN SDGs a business opportunity for GPs?
- How SDGs can be used to show impact
- In practice: how are investors mapping positive and negative impact on SDGs across the portfolio and what are they doing with the information?
Urgent action required: climate risks and opportunities in the portfolio
- How successful has PE been in implementing the changes proposed by the FSB taskforce?
- What is the role of private equity in the low carbon transition?
- Which type of assets are most exposed to climate risk? Where might there be opportunities?
- Investor views on funds exposure to climate risk
Human Capital: How ESG can be crucial in helping to attract and retain talent in the portfolio
- To what extent are top graduates taking the sustainability ambitions and practices of employers into consideration
- What are the key considerations for millennials when assessing potential employers?
- Accelerating diversity to improve company performance
Emerging issues: Managing reputational risk in a changing world
- To what extent is it possible to manage reputational risk during due diligence?
- How to react to issues in a 24-hour news cycle
- Monitoring risks throughout the supply chain
- Case studies where private equity firms have been caught up in a scandal and addressed it head on
Climate risk workshop: practical suggestions for private equity
- To what extent is scenario analysis realistic and necessary?
- How to analyse transition and physical risk across your portfolio
- Finding hotspots in your portfolio and how to latch onto them
Measuring Impact: the asset owner view
Regulatory update: What’s new and what is what is coming?
- How will the EU’s new sustainability regulations impact private equity?
- Portfolio company governance: the Wates Guidelines and stakeholder disclosures.
SDG workshop: Developing a focused approach to the SDGs
Why ESG and infrastructure are such natural bedfellows
- To what extent is ESG an important value creation driver in infrastructure?
- How ESG implementation differs for debt and equity investors
- How is ESG considered in asset Due Diligence vs Stewardship?
Integrating ESG in real estate investment strategies
- What are investors’ expectations regarding performance, reporting and engagement of ESG?
- Aligning sustainability and investment strategies across the portfolio
- Measuring success: how ESG strategies are enhancing risk-adjusted returns
- ESG performance improvements: from risk reduction to value creation
Forestry and ESG – A ‘natural’ fit in a growing asset class
- Forestry risk, return, and portfolio characteristics
- How does responsible investment support forestry risk management?
- Opportunities for market growth in the circular and low-carbon economy
Coffee & networking
Networking Roundtable Discussions
Led by an expert moderator, the roundtables will create an informal environment to discuss and debate ESG opportunities across different private equity strategies. Delegates will be able to move around tables, maximising networking and learning opportunities
- Secondaries – Adam Black (Coller Capital)
- Venture Capital
- Real Estate
- Private Debt
- Impact investment – Eva Yazhari (Beyond Capital Fund)
Day 2 - Thursday 6th
Invitation only LP & GP Breakfast Briefings
Day two keynote
To what extent is ESG is being taken more seriously by investment teams?
- Influencing investment teams and CEOs to ensure ESG is not an afterthought
- Connecting ESG professionals with CEOs to create value
- Strengthening board oversight on ESG issues
- Examining the role of ESG in due diligence; historically and now
It’s the governance, stupid
- The central role of governance deal making – when to engage and when to walk away?
- How much does E and S depend on the G?
- Impact of recent changes to legislation such as the bribery act
- How investing in anti-bribery and corruption compliance add value
- The role of governance in due diligence
Coffee & networking
ESG case studies highlighting the value of ESG at exit
3 case studies will be presented highlighting how and where ESG can add value. At the end of the presentations there will be a vote on the best case study
Taking a deeper dive into SASB standards
- How SASB standards are being used by private equity managers to improve the rigor of ESG integration into the investment decision making
- An initial SASB overview to be provided followed by a deeper level of practical insight
- How to think of material ESG factors and how SASB standards can help
Oxford style debate: How far has the needle moved in 10 years?
This house believes that ESG has had a lasting impact on private equity finance
Partner & ESG Manager, Ambienta
Head of ESG & Sustainability, Coller Capital
Senior Managing Director and Global Head, BlackRock Alternative Investors
Senior Manager - Private equity programme, UNPRI
Senior Vice President - Sustainable Investing, Harvard Management Company
Senior Advisor on Sustainable Finance, WWF Switzerland
ESG Manager, Denham Capital
CAIA, Institutional Product Strategist, Sustainability Accounting Standards Board
Operating Advisor - Sustainability, Apax Partners
Principal -Investment Team, Pantheon
Principal, Blue Wolf Capital Partners
Co-founder & Partner, Bridges Fund Management
ESG Manager, Development Partners International
Founder, Alma Verde Advisors
Director - Real Estate, GRESB
Executive Director, LGT Capital Partners
Investment Manager, PGGM
Director, Environmental and Social Responsibility
Partner, LeapFrog Investments
Head of Responsible Investment, Hg
Associate, ESG & Sustainability, Partners Group
Head, Responsible Investment, Actis
Managing Director - Relationship Management Europe, Hamilton Lane
Associate Director, Anthesis
Head of Private Markets and Executive Director, USSIM
Chairperson, Summa Equity
Managing Director – Double Impact, Bain Capital
Principal Consultant, Ramboll
Partner, Debevoise & Plimpton
Senior Manager, UNPRI
Managing Director, Wafra
The Responsible Investment Forum offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for Private Equity professionals focused on investing responsibly.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Christopher Wagland, email@example.com +44 (0) 0207 566 5475.
Connect with other professionals interested in ESG and responsible investment
As the largest global event focused on ESG in private equity bringing together more than 250 senior GPs and LPs to discuss the state of the industry and discover how implementing ESG can add tangible value.
Informal relationship building
Join your peers during the 10th anniversary cocktail reception, invitation only LP and GP breakfasts, as well as Forum lunches to connect with potential partners in a more relaxed atmosphere.
Structured networking sessions will be held during the day in the form of Oxford style debates, roundtable discussions and conference networking breaks to allow you to identify attendees with similar interests and goals.