Despite high levels of political uncertainty across the continent, European real estate remains an attractive proposition to investors. In 2019, PERE will once again feature in-depth case studies on the latest real estate deals, analyse capital strategies and discuss private real estate across the whole spectrum.
The agenda, developed in conjunction with the PERE editorial team and in close consultation with leading investors, managers and advisors reflects the concerns, challenges and ambitions present in real estate today and represents a unique opportunity to meet the people making the headlines and driving innovation in the industry.
This forum is co-located with the PERE Debt and Finance Forum 2019
PERE has a long-standing history of connecting the private real estate community, providing high-quality content through its objective and in-depth coverage, keeping you abreast of industry movements on a global scale.
Secure your place today to immerse yourself in this insightful market intelligence.
Meet with global managers and service providers to understand the current real estate investment environment to explore the trends that will influence your investment strategies.
Meet the region’s most insightful investors and hear perspectives on the current industry climate from all aspects of the global real estate community.
Network with the investors and fund managers who are influencing and innovating in the private real estate world in one location.
Companies who attended in 2018 include
10+ Hours of Networking
Walter P Schmidt
A great opportunity to hear the current trends in real time from industry leaders. Thought provoking.
Perfect event to stay updated on latest trends and developments in the real estate world.
PERE offers a uniquely informed opinion on the real estate markets. It is a must for real estate investors with a global perspective.
The PERE Debt and Finance forum is your opportunity to connect with Europe’s most active debt fund managers, insurance companies, institutional investors, traditional bank lenders and borrowers as they discuss the biggest trends and latest developments in the real estate debt market.
Director of Operations Europe, International WELL Building Institute
Senior Editor, Real Estate, PEI Media
Co-Founder, Women Talk Real Estate
CEO, Octopus Healthcare
Head of Sector Specialists, AXA IM - Real Assets
Head of Investor Research, PEI Media
Head of Real Assets Research, BlackRock Real Assets
Head of Transactions, WeWork EMEA
Global Co-Head of Real Estate Investing, Goldman Sachs
Chief Executive Officer, Seaforth Land
Founder & Director, Human City
Co-Founder and Managing Director, Zoku
Global Research Associate, USAA Real Estate
Partner - Fund Manager, Europa Capital
Global Head of Real Estate, Schroders Real Estate investment Management
Managing Director, Green Street Advisors
Managing Director - Investment Management and Operations, Greystar Europe
Managing Partner, Real Estate Investments Company
Vice President EMEA, Altus Group
Managing Director, Real Estate Strategy and Fund Management, Aviva Investors Real Assets
Real Estate - Technology – Innovation, antonyslumbers.com
Chief Strategy Officer, TechSpace
Partner, BC Partners
Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman
Chief Executive Officer, Allianz
Lead Quant Portfolio Manager Real Estate, APG Asset Management
Managing Partner and Head of Brookfield’s Real Estate Activities in Europe, Brookfield Asset Management
Day 1 - Tuesday 25th
Registration & Networking
Introduction by PERE and welcome from the Chair
UK versus Europe: geopolitics and the post-Brexit investment dilemma
With the continued uncertainty around the outcome of Brexit, are UK investors ready to diversify away from a domestic strategy into a pan-European or global one? And what does Brexit mean for global investors? The depreciation of the pound post-referendum made UK assets cheaper for overseas investors but is this the only reason for investing in the UK or will good quality UK properties continue to provide long-term attractive income returns?
Moderated by: Edward Tran, Partner, Katten Muchin Rosenman
Partner, Katten Muchin RosenmanRead bio
Head of Real Assets Research, BlackRock Real AssetsRead bio
Global Co-Head of Real Estate Investing, Goldman SachsRead bio
Managing Director, Real Estate Strategy and Fund Management, Aviva Investors Real AssetsRead bio
In conversation with
François Trausch will discuss how Allianz became the biggest European institutional investor in real estate and second biggest globally with $48.2 bn of equity committed to private real estate. He will share how Allianz’s real estate platform has grown substantially over the past 3 years and will discuss the rationale behind plans to raise third party capital for the first time in its history to increase the scale of its real estate lending capabilities.
Interviewer: Jonathan Brasse, Senior Editor, PERE
Interviewee: Francois Trausch, Chief Executive Officer, Allianz Real Estate
Coffee & Networking
Stream A: Deal Mechanics
- The acquisition of the Algonquin hotels portfolio by Schroders
Speaker: Duncan Owen, Global Head of Real Estate, Schroders Real Estate Investment Management
- Palmer Capital’s 80% stake sale to Fiera Capital
Speaker: Alex Price, Chief Executive Officer, Palmer Capital
Stream B: Capital Formation
Stream C: Debt & Financing
Lunch & Networking
Presentation : Designing the future: how social sciences can add value to the built environment
Place-making: how demographic and technological trends are influencing real estate investment decisions
- Identifying assets and locations attractive to future tenants for years to come
- Using Big Data to understand how a building is used and operated
- Managing obsolescence risk to ensure long-term investment returns
- Measuring the non-financial performance of real estate
Coffee & Networking
Place-taking: how end-user demands are fundamentally changing the industry
- Analysing the key drivers of an occupier’s commercial decisions
- Defining quality of life: flexibility, convenience, accessibility and amenities
- Occupier wellbeing: the role of ESG in attracting tenants
- Making buildings user-friendly: how landlords are providing ‘space as a service’
Moderated by: Antony Slumbers, Real Estate – Technology – Innovation, antonyslumbers.com
Real Estate - Technology – Innovation, antonyslumbers.comRead bio
Director of Operations Europe, International WELL Building InstituteRead bio
Head of Transactions, WeWork EMEARead bio
Chief Executive Officer, Seaforth LandRead bio
Partner, ProskauerRead bio
Data spotlight: the biggest private equity real estate investors in 2019
PERE Global Investor 50
Technology, demographics, urbanisation and environmental considerations are just some of the megatrends that are influencing the investment decisions of the world’s biggest institutional investors. During this session, our panel of global investors will discuss their plans for allocating capital to real estate.
Moderated by: Nicole Douglas, Head of Investor Research, PEI
Chair’s closing comments
Day 2 - Wednesday 26th
Investor breakfast (by invitation only)
Registration & Networking
Welcome from the Chair
Investing outside of Europe
- Global cities of tomorrow: identifying the best long-term investment prospects
- Protectionism versus globalisation: risks and rewards of building a global portfolio
- Mature versus growth markets: where is the smart money going?
- Cultural preferences: direct versus indirect, JVs versus separate accounts
Real estate investment in a digital world
- How technological advances can be used to drive sustainable city expansion
- The use of data to determine your investment strategy
- Incorporating innovative technologies into your real estate business
- Security, vigilance and resilience: how to successfully manage cyber risk
Moderated by: Cassian Scott, Vice President – EMEA, Altus Group
Coffee & Networking
Demographic investing: residential real estate
- Technical and economic solutions for affordable housing provision
- Delivering housing for whole community: millennial, senior and intergenerational accommodation
- Institutional investment opportunities in PRS and BTR
- Driving urban regeneration via residential schemes
Mixed-use real estate: sleep, shop, work and play
- Gaining access to mixed-use assets: direct investment or co-mingled funds?
- Understanding the operational risk of mixed-use schemes
- Retail: repurposing as mixed-use to generate stable, long-term returns
- Diversification of the hospitality industry: serviced apartments and co-working spaces
Lunch & Networking
Consumer driven real estate: retail and logistics
- How retailers can integrate online and physical worlds to enhance the customer experience
- With low yields and high investment volumes: are we entering a logistics bubble?
- UK versus Europe: where to find value in a crowded market
- Improving delivery speed and efficiency: how automation is impacting the logistics market
Workplace: investing in the office of the future
- Flexibility, mobility and adaptability: how office buildings can remain relevant in the future
- The rapid rise of co-working: a short-term phenomenon or is it here to stay?
- Crowd-working, hot-desking, co-working and serviced offices: keeping up with the demands of the modern occupier
- Late-cycle investing: where are the opportunities for growth?
Close of Conference
PERE Europe offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by aligning themselves with the information provider for the private real estate industry.
For more information on the available sponsorship opportunities contact:
Christopher Wagland, Business Development -EMEA
E: firstname.lastname@example.org | T: +44 (0) 0207 566 5475