The only exclusively debt-focused real estate event in Asia, the 2nd annual PERE Debt Forum will once again open PERE Asia Week on 16 June 2020.
Connecting more than 200 of Asia’s leading institutional investors supplementing equity investments with debt strategies to the global fund managers financing projects across the world, the Debt Forum is your best opportunity to build your network of credit-focused real estate investors. Key themes to be explored across the day include:
- Global overview and the RED 50: A snapshot of the highs and lows
- Strategic thinking: The lender’s perspective
- Real estate debt fundraising in Europe and the US
- What you need to know about China’s real estate debt market
- Identifying the right partners
Advance your investment strategies by learning the tactics generating the highest yields and connect with those putting them into practice. As the only conference in Asia focused on real estate debt strategies, the knowledge-sharing with global peers and fund managers will be second-to-none.
Demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to institutional investors increasingly searching for diversified global exposure in private lending facilities as real asset debt strategies are desired as an alternative to bond investing.
Connect with your entire potential client base in one room to showcase your strategic insight to regional investors searching for opportunities worldwide and leading fund managers connecting capital to projects in one room.
Key Step Capital
The specialised events at PERE Asia Week capture the key themes of the industry with good interaction with participants to discuss topical trends.
Max Ventures and Industries
It was my first conference and will be a regular event on my calendar in years to come.
Khazanah Nasional Berhad
The full PERE Asia Week was an informative and insightful event worth attending!
With a focus on premium networking and content, the flagship PERE Asia Summit connects the world’s most sought after audience for global industry-leading knowledge-sharing and discussions.
Enhance your real estate debt strategy by exchanging ideas with the most influential LPs and demonstrate your unique value-add capabilities to turbocharge fundraising for 2020 and beyond.
Day 1 - Tuesday 16th
Registration and networking refreshments
Welcome from PERE and opening remarks from the Chairperson
Opening panel: Mapping out real estate debt in today’s investment environment
- Latest trends in global real estate and how debt fits into the modern portfolio
- The benefits and nuances of private equity real estate versus debt
- Understanding the key markets and opportunity sets, dispelling myths
- Return expectations, risk profiles and regulatory considerations
Networking and coffee break
Global overview and the RED 50: A snapshot of the highs and lows
This ranking will highlight the 50 largest managers of real estate debt funds based on the amount of capital raised from institutional investors between 1 Jan 2015 and 31 Dec 2019.
Panel: Is now the right time to invest in real estate debt in Australia?
- Gap analysis: Is there now a surfeit of capital for debt in Australia?
- Pinpointing the best opportunities in this preferred, but very competitive, market
- Where are we in the economic cycle and how does credit special situations change in response to the wider economic situation?
Panel: Real estate debt risks or opportunities in Europe and the US
- How CONVID-19 outbreak, Brexit, trade tensions, and interest rate risk impact investment?
- The retail evolution: A risk or opportunity for distressed investors?
- Current availability of debt and financing for core and non-core assets
Real estate financing: the role of ESG and sustainability
- ESG integration into debt funds
- Initiatives to standardise green lending and improve real estate sustainability
- How lenders can make a positive environmental impact?
Panel: Bank vs Debt fund manager: Lender perspectives
- Debt is better than equity at this point in the cycle – why?
- How much longer can we expect returns to deliver?
- What are smart ways to battle hedging costs?
- How to pursue different debt strategies for high yield
Head of Real Estate - Sector Coverage and Acquisition Finance, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial GroupRead bio
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora BankRead bio
Partner and Portfolio Manager, SHK Capital PartnersRead bio
Lennart van Mierlo
Head of Commercial Real Estate Debt, NN Investment PartnersRead bio
Networking and coffee break
Panel: What you need to know about China’s real estate debt market
- First, second or third-tier cities: Are loans secured on assets?
- What is the current situation and why are development loans, especially the NPLs, a wise choice?
- What are the most important elements to play in the Chinese market?
Shaping the future: Asian investors’ strategic thinking in real asset financing
- What are capital deployment opportunities for real estate debt and infrastructure debt?
- Do investors put real estate debt or infrastructure debt in fixed income or a real assets bucket? What are the pros and cons to each allocation tactic?
- Which debt strategies are most economy-proof?
- Where are the next target markets within the next five or ten years?
Chairperson’s closing remarks
PERE Asia Week Cocktail reception at Oasis, Grand Hyatt, Singapore
Managing Director, BEI Capital Partners (HK)
Chief Operating Officer, Paladin Capital Management
Head of Special Situations Financing, InfraRed NF Investment Advisers
SVP and Portfolio Manager, Fullerton Fund Management
Head of Sustainability, Institutional Banking Group, DBS
Team Head, ABL Life Insurance
General Manager and Head of Global Real Estate Structured Debt, Aozora Bank
Head of Fund Manager Research, PERE
Head of Australia, Real Assets, AXA Investment Managers
Partner and Portfolio Manager, SHK Capital Partners
Founder and Managing Director, MaxCap Group
Principal, The Family Office
Head of Real Estate - Sector Coverage and Acquisition Finance, Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group
Managing Director, Asia Research and Engagement
Global Head of Private Debt Strategy and Investor Solutions, PGIM
Chief Executive Officer, LCI Investment Company
Global Head of ESG Research, Fitch Ratings
Head of Commercial Real Estate Debt, NN Investment Partners
Global Head of Credit Investing for the Real Estate Group, Merchant Banking Division, Goldman Sachs
Head of Asia Secured Debt Investments and Head of Australian Investments, Phoenix Property Investors
The 2nd annual PERE Debt Forum offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with a global audience of senior decision-makers in the global private real estate debt space.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2020, contact the Sponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 2153 3846.