The inaugural PEI Responsible Investment Forum: Tokyo will be running on 9 October 2020, bringing together Japan’s leading institutional investors with fund managers, and key strategic partners to discuss the latest ESG trends and effective implementations to create value for private equity portfolios.
As the last decade’s rise of responsible investment strategies around the world takes hold in Asia, many of Japan’s largest LPs are incorporating ESG into their investment processes. This focus on investment principles beyond the bottom-line makes integrating ESG into your value creation essential to receive allocations from Japan’s behemoth institutional investors.
Focused specifically on private equity markets, the Forum is a great chance to explore the responsible investment strategies at the forefront of market trends and understand how they impact major Japanese LPs capital allocation strategies.
PEI Responsible Investment Forum: Tokyo brings you great opportunities networking with the trailblazers of the strategy in Asia and global opinion leaders. If you are looking at raising capital in Japan for global private equity or integrating ESG into your Asian PE portfolio, you must attend this Forum.
PEI is constantly monitoring the status of the global outbreak of COVID-19 to ensure guest safety and conference quality. Click here for more information.
Connect with investors
Understand how Japanese LPs are benchmarking corporate governance in private equity, how it impacts the manager selection process and fundraising best practices in Japan.
Hear from corporate governance leaders
Understand the needs of Japan’s LPs to align your ESG policy with a private equity fund manager’s primary responsibility of delivering returns to investors.
Lead the discussion in Asia
By joining PEI’s responsible investment community in Tokyo, you will lead the conversation on creating sustainable value in private equity at our first conference in Asia.
Rick Walters, Director, Infrastructure
This conference boldly showed where ESG and investing are heading. The streams on asset classes were particularly illuminating. Thank you.
Intentional Endowments Network
PEI’s Responsible Investment Forum brought together an impressive collection of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners on considering ESG factors in pri…
Clayton Dubilier & Rice
If you are serious about integrating ESG into your investment strategy, you should attend this conference.
Intentional Endowments Network
PEI’s Responsible Investment Forum brought together an impressive collection of the world’s leading thinkers and practitioners on considering ESG factors in private equity investing.
That these are challenging times is plain for all to see. We hope you are keeping safe and well as “business as usual” is taking a new shape. Like you perhaps, we’re working out what that looks like.
The well-being of our customers, partners and our personnel is foremost, which is why we are monitoring developments closely with the latest guidance from local and national authorities and the World Health Organization (WHO) as it relates to travel to, and participation in, our events. Further information regarding the virus, best practice hygiene advice and travel recommendations can be found on the WHO website.
At this time, we expect PEI Responsible Investment Forum: Tokyo will run as scheduled on 9 October at Shangri-La Hotel Tokyo.
You can secure your place at the conferences today to take advantage of the savings available. We are committed to providing the PEI community with safe access to our industry-leading community and content this October, as well as digital access leading up to and during the conference. Secure your place today to gain maximum benefit.
For any further inquiries, please contact our customer services team on +852 2153 3844 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PEI’s Responsible Investment Forum arrives in Tokyo to provide our industry-leading private equity community together with Japanese LPs. Only the most influential LPs and GPs will be in attendance to ensure that everyone you meet is a valuable contact.
ESG issues have always been the top discussion of all PEI’s editorial coverage, with our reporters consistently following and scrutinizing the ways in which managers around the world are adopting responsible investment practices and what LPs are looking for as they consider investing in private equity.
Key Topics include-
- Addressing ESG in private equity
- When technology met ESG
- Why ESG fundamental to the private equity investment
- Climate investors turn up the heat
- Big data and ESG
Download Responsible Investment 2020 Compendium
Key Content includes-
- The biggest ESG factors for investors
- LPs take a stand on climate
- ESG needs to start from the top
- Lessons from a decade of ESG
- How ESG can drive returns
For any enquiries on the 2020 programme, please contact Niann Lai on at email@example.com.
Day 1 - Friday 9th
Registration and coffee
Welcome from PEI and Chair's opening remarks
Opening panel: Addressing ESG in private equity
- How ESG has evolved into a strategy in private equity and how it is making a difference for LPs
- Asia’s best practices of integrating ESG into private equity investments
- How have LPs transformed their mindsets to incorporate ESG into their plans
- Frontier market – can LPs invest in developing markets and in compliance with ESG?
• What practices can LPs adopt to improve governance culture, especially in the
• Updates on Japan’s corporate governance, sustainable initiatives and engagement.
• Fiduciary duty and what is next?
Case studies: When technology meets ESG
• What are the technologies being used by private equity firms?
• Cyber risks, security issues and future technologies
LP interview: Why ESG is fundamental to private equity investment
• How to set an ESG ambitious which is achievable target
• What is the timeline to measure performance?
• Why ESG matters to LPs? Which LPs are most focused on it?
Panel: Embracing diversity and inclusion
• Japan is facing a talent shortage with its ageing population, and women
empowerment could be one of the solutions. What to do in this talent war?
• With today’s technology and social network, what are the issues faced in
acquiring talent and can we improve it?
• How a diverse team goes hand-in-hand with high performance and provides
powerful motivational insights?
• How to future-proof your workforce?
Panel: Climate investors turn up the heat
• Tackle climate change through private equity and what LPs need to do
• Converting policy into practice: Why climate change will affect the ability to
generate high-level long-term returns and span the portfolio?
• Considerations of upcoming initiatives
Presentation: Big data and ESG
• The value of big data on ESG and benchmark for ESG performance
• In what way to support GPs to develop robust ESG capabilities amidst emerging expectations to manage risks and opportunities?
Panel: ESG due diligence
• While enhancing the data disclosure and growing a culture of transparency are
important, do investors have enough analysis tools and how could they be used?
• Why ESG performance should be measured at a more granular level?
• Best practices in integrating ESG factors during the investment process from due diligence stage to post-transaction
Panel: ESG in multi-asset portfolio
• ESG risks and opportunities across asset classes: real estate, infrastructure and
• Analysing challenges associated with Japan’s current roadmap
• Can ESG be used a part of long term and sustainable value creation strategy?
Closing LP panel
- What are the key considerations for LPs as it relates to responsible investment? Can a nuanced approach make a big change?
- Is ESG the top priority in your KPI of asset managers?
- To achieve investment returns within an ESG framework and how to apply this during the manager selection process and differentiate the asset managers from each other?
- In the next ten years plan, what are the challenges? How to evolve the responsible investment through 2021 and beyond?
Chair’s remarks and close of conference
CIO, Cathay Financial Holdings
Head of Japan, World Bank Group, MIGA
Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer, CSR Design Green Investment Advisory
Executive Officer, Head of Global Fund Investment, DBJ Asset Management
Senior Vice President, Asia Sustainable Finance, WWF
Head of Sustainability, EQT Partners
Senior Reporter, Private Equity International
Head of Responsible Investments, First State Super
Director - Financial Services Advisory, EY Consulting
Portfolio Manager, Head of Impact Investments, MassMutual
Managing Director , Strategic Investment Department, Energy and Eco Services Headquarters, ORIX Corporation
Global Head of Impact, The Carlyle Group
Head of Private Equity, Tokio Marine Asset Management
Senior Director, Impact Investment Team, Shinsei Corporate Investment
Representative Director and President, Partners Group Japan
CEO, CIO and Chairman of the ESG Committee, Nippon Sangyo Suishin Kiko (NSSK)
Head of Sustainable Finance and General Manager, Investment Planning Department & Responsible Investment Department, The Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company
The PEI Responsible Investment Forum: Tokyo 2020 offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile by meeting with Japanese LPs actively searching for global responsible investments and a global audience of senior decision-makers in the private equity industry.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2020, contact the Sponsorship Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +852 2153 3846.