Create top-line growth and drive EBITDA improvements from your portfolio at the Operating Partners & Value Creation Forum: Asia on 5 December 2019 alongside more than 150 C-level executives, senior advisers and operating partners driving value across the globe.
Established as the leading event series for private equity value creators in Europe and North America, be at the forefront of the operational excellence conversation as the series is held in Asia for the first time.
Join us to discover the strategies and practices generating exceptional business returns globally and be ahead of the value-creation curve in Asia.
Download 2019 event overview
Key discussion topics include –
- Evaluating operational models
- Dealing with disruption – challenges faced and available solutions
- The human dimension – recruiting and managing talent
- Driving digital – IT strategy, big data, social media, e-commerce, and mobile platforms
- The role of operating partners team pre-deal
Enhance your strategies to accelerate growth in your portfolio businesses
Join the pioneering operational expert community in Asia-Pacific
Network with top global value creators in private equity
Principal, African Capital Alliance
The forum addressed practical challenges facing the Operating Partner and provided very useful insights on best practice approaches to value creation.
It was exceptional for me. I am working to become an operating partner and I got more done to that end through the panels and networking than I have on my own i…
CEO, Fortior Ventures Inc.
Wonderful event that delivered on my objectives and was good value for money.
It was exceptional for me. I am working to become an operating partner and I got more done to that end through the panels and networking than I have on my own in 6 months.
Global Operating Partners Series attendees include:
Day 1 - Thursday 5th
Registration and coffee
Welcome from PEI and Chair's opening remarks
Keynote Address: The rise of the operating partner and value creation role in Asia
Panel: Evaluating operational models
- Adjusting the level direct involvement
- Functionalists vs. generalists
- Scrutinising operating team structures and resources
- Mid-market vs. large cap: looking at engagement models
Case study: Turning things around – creating value in an underperforming asset
Panel: The human dimension – recruiting and managing talent
- Working with management to assemble high performance teams
- Accentuating the recruiting process: leveraging board members and uncovering best practices
- Identifying and addressing performance inhibitors
- Best practices in both the pre-deal and post-deal selection processes
Panel: Developing an IT strategy roadmap to drive value
• Tracking portfolio data and turning it into value
• Optimizing technological resources to support long-term and short-term goals
• Adapting to the rise of social media, e-commerce, and mobile platforms
Panel: Due diligence – The role of the operating team pre-deal
• Evaluating opportunity – scalable teams and business systems
• Efficiently using operational skills pre-acquisition
• Promoting operating partner resources to prospective portfolio companies to win the deal
Panel: Utilising outside support as a means of driving growth
• When to use consultants vs build capability in-house
• Timing the engagement of a third party Operating Partner with a portfolio company
• How should an Operating Partner engage with a portfolio company?
• Optimizing a monetization, sales, marketing and pricing strategy
Case study: How to improve long-term performance at the portfolio level
Panel: The CEO perspective: The successes and failures of the operating team
• Experience from the portfolio level – working with operating teams, internal and third party
• The evolution of the relationship, ironing out problems and getting things right (or wrong)
• Quick fire: The two things and operating partner must do and the two things they must not
Chair’s remarks followed by structured networking
Join your peers for a drink and share experiences during informal discussions; separated into four zones:
1. Digitalization and technology
2. Human capital, leadership and managing the PE-CEO relationship
3. Managing relationships with third party advisors
4. Building a value creation team
For any enquiries, please contact Helen Sanders at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Managing Director, Everstone Capital Asia
Senior Director, Portfolio Management and Monitoring, Ekuinas
Director, KKR Capstone US
Partner (Operations), J-Star
Managing Director and Head of Portfolio Management, NewQuest Capital
Managing Director, ShawKwei & Partners
Principal, Permira Advisers
Partner and Head of Asia, Eaton Partners
Senior Partner, Head of Asia, Advantage Partners
Chief Executive Officer and Founder, Asense
Partner, Simon-Kucher & Partners
PEI’s Operating Partners Forum in New York last year discussed all aspects of value creation, from what it takes to transform a troubled business to how to harness technology to boost the bottom line. Here below are some key takeaways in 5 charts.
Source: PEI Operating Partners Forum
Partner with the Operating Partners Forum: Asia
The Operating Partners Forum: Asia will offer a unique opportunity for organizations to raise their profile by meeting with leading operational leaders and senior executives across the globe.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2019, contact sponsorship team at email@example.com, call +852 2153 3846.