The evolving role of lending in the private infrastructure world
Join the Infrastructure Debt Forum and connect with global investors, issuers, and developers to explore how debt is providing security and opportunity for forward-thinking investors.
Find out about investor appetite for lending in the private infrastructure world on 24 March.
Advance your fundraising
Connect with a global audience of investors looking to allocate to infrastructure debt and benefit from focused networking with the right people.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Explore why infrastructure debt may be considered the new core infrastructure class, how debt managers can improve their ESG integration, the key infrastructure sectors ripe for debt investment in 2022, and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Infrastructure Debt Forum is part of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)203 862 7498
Infrastructure Debt Forum - Thursday 24th
Introduction from Infrastructure Investor
Welcome from the chair
The new core infrastructure? How debt is providing security & opportunity for forward-thinking investors
- Fewer defaults and higher recoveries? The reasons why infra debt is outperforming other alternative credit strategies
- The big names and big launches flooding to market as the asset class matures
- Can debt overtake equity as the core infrastructure class of the future?
Moderator: Adam Smallman, Director of Membership Programs, PEI
Director of Membership Programs, PEIRead bio
Director, Lagrange Financial AdvisoryRead bio
CEO, Edmond de Rothschild UK, CIO Infrastructure Debt, Edmond de Rothschild AM UKRead bio
Head of Infrastructure Debt, MEAG Munich ERGORead bio
Senior Portfolio Manager, Infrastructure Debt Investments, HSBC Asset ManagementRead bio
Deputy Global Head of Infrastructure Credit, CarlyleRead bio
Investor views on infrastructure debt opportunities in 2022 and beyond
- Amidst the continuing evolution & definitions of alternative assets, where does infrastructure debt sit in LP portfolios?
- Funds vs separately managed accounts (SMAs) – what are most appealing to LPs at present and why?
- Why LPs are choosing infrastructure debt as their route towards diversification and a broader debt mandate
Moderator: Anish Butani, Senior Director, bfinance
Senior Director, bfinanceRead bio
CEO & Managing Partner, Generali Global InfrastructureRead bio
Dr. Dimitar Lambrev
Senior Portfolio Manager – Infrastructure Investments, UNIQA Insurance GroupRead bio
Head of Infrastructure Debt, SchrodersRead bio
Principal Fixed Income Portfolio Manager, MNRead bio
Kees-Jan van de Kamp
Senior Portfolio Manager, Infrastructure Investments, NN Investment PartnersRead bio
Moving with the times – how debt managers can improve their ESG integration
- The fallout from COP26 and expected impact on global infrastructure debt funds, projects and returns
- SFDR – operating infrastructure debt funds under articles 7, 8 & 9
- Examining the ‘S’ and the ‘G’ in an era dominated by the ‘E’
- Exerting influence as a debt investor
Moderator: Agnes Mazurek, Senior Consultant
Coffee & networking
The emergence of the green infrastructure debt brand
- Who’s labelling their funds as ‘green infrastructure debt’ and what exactly does this mean?
- How wary should LPs be of greenwashing in these instances?
- Finding value and generating returns whilst working within investor demands and the EU taxonomy
Moderator: Frank Dornseifer, Managing Director, Bundesverband Alternative Investments
Managing Director, Bundesverband Alternative InvestmentsRead bio
Head of Infrastructure Debt, LBPAMRead bio
Head of Infrastructure Investments, Talanx Group – Ampega Asset ManagementRead bio
Director, Infrastructure & Project Finance, Eight AdvisoryRead bio
Investment Director – Infrastructure Debt, BNP Paribas Asset ManagementRead bio
Project finance in emerging economies
- Digital, transport, energy – where do EM opportunities lie and how do they differ from developed markets?
- Mitigating the perception of risk in emerging markets
- How EM project financing can go hand in hand with your social and environmental goals
- Identifying the right models and approaches for debt investments in differing regions and jurisdictions
Moderator: Hubert Danso, CEO & Chairman, Africa investor (Ai) Group
Infra debt, geoeconomics and asset ownership
Networking lunch with Digital Infrastructure and Energy Transition Forum attendees
The rise and rise of higher-yielding strategies
- Examining the supply and demand for junior debt strategies
- What profile of investors are looking at this and how might this change in the coming years?
- Finding value across the capital structure in the quest for core-level return generation
Moderator: Hans-Peter Dohr, Founder & Managing Director, ICA – Institutional Capital Associates
Founder & Managing Director, ICA - Institutional Capital AssociatesRead bio
Co-Head of Infrastructure Debt, Rivage InvestmentRead bio
Vice President, GICRead bio
Portfolio Manager Infrastructure Debt, UBS Asset Management, Real Estate & Private MarketsRead bio
Portfolio Manager, Allianz Global InvestorsRead bio
The cost of debt: too good to be true?
- What market factors are causing current debt prices to be so cheap?
- Is this sustainable?
- What should LPs and GPs alike be wary of when it comes to pricings in the coming months?
Moderator: Alex Bebov, Managing Partner, BAC
Managing Partner, BACRead bio
Marguerite Polge De Combret
Vice President, Macquarie CapitalRead bio
Director, Westbourne CapitalRead bio
Director, Infrastructure Debt, Scottish WidowsRead bio
International Client Advisory, Director, Aquila CapitalRead bio
Pinpointing the key infrastructure sectors ripe for debt investment in 2022 and beyond
- Assessing the trends driving investments in energy transition, social, digital and other infrastructure projects
- How sophisticated must LPs be to lead the charge when it comes to sector-specific fund selection?
- The where and the what – finding the right opportunities in the right regions across the globe
Moderator: Agnes Mazurek, Senior Consultant
Director, Project Finance Digital Infrastructure, ABN AMRORead bio
Founder, Egbers Investment PartnersRead bio
Lead Portfolio Manager High Yield Infrastructure Debt, BlackRockRead bio
Head of Origination & Client Coverage, Kommunalkredit Austria AGRead bio