The private infrastructure industry’s annual general meeting
Join the biggest names within the industry at the Global Investor Forum, the largest gathering of institutional capital devoted to infrastructure and the core of the Global Summit.
Meet and hear from the best of the best in the asset class – founding and managing partners, CEOs and chairmen, plus leading global institutional and private investors attend and speak annually.
Advance your fundraising
The most efficient way to meet more than 400 investors actively allocating to the asset class.
Gain peer-to-peer insights
Explore what ‘building back better’ means for the asset class, how investors plan to put COP22 promises into action, the future of specialist and generalist products post pandemic and much more.
Save time building your network
Create and nurture sustainable relationships with infrastructure’s elite at the event and on our sophisticated networking platform.
One Summit. Seven Forums.
The Global Investor Forum is the core of the industry leading Infrastructure Investor Global Summit. Taking place across four days, the Summit has something to offer everyone involved in infrastructure. The Global Investor Forum is just one of the specialist forums taking place across the week.
The Infrastructure Investor Global Summit offers a unique opportunity for organisations to raise their profile as a part of the premier meeting for infrastructure investment professionals.
For more information on available sponsorship opportunities contact Alexander Jakes, firstname.lastname@example.org, +44 (0)203 862 7498.
Global Investor Forum - Tuesday 22nd
Welcome from Infrastructure Investor
Keynote panel: Putting COP26 promises into action: what infrastructure investors can do today
- How COP26 and climate change are affecting portfolio valuations
- Asset utilisation- how asset valuation will develop over the next decade
- Greenfield resilience and brownfield adaptation- what does building back better mean in this context?
Is infrastructure adapting for a changing climate?
- Beyond clean energy- looking at energy storage, smart grids, decarbonisation and nature-based infrastructure
- Putting a price on physical climate risk
- Why adaptation and resilience can make a project bankable
Learn the art and science of leadership with Gillian Tett’s anthropological take on business
- Learning how to make better decisions, navigate risk and work out what our peers are really thinking
- Empathising with alternative views and looking back at yourself with more perspective
- Avoiding tunnel vision and identifying ‘social silences’ which can block change
Assessing the Fit for 55 package and the European outlook going forward
- Green infrastructure needs and the EU sustainable finance strategy
- Sectors in focus: key opportunities in energy, transport, and urban infrastructure
- How quickly are the deals going to start arriving?
The infrastructure scorecard: A deep dive on opportunities in the US infrastructure market
- Assessing the Biden administration through an infrastructure lens
- Getting the bipartisan framework working: What the investor community needs to see
- State-level developments on introducing or upgrading P3 legislation
Digital and smart infrastructure: Discussing risk and opportunity across the sector
- FTTH- still the key investment opportunity or getting overheated?
- Beyond fibre, towers and data centres: New areas of digital examined
- Driving growth and monetizing total addressable market: Key questions for investors to ask of management teams
The roadmap for more sustainable transport infrastructure
- How to decarbonise and manage road assets
- Key steps: managing the electrification of transport, facilitating sustainable fuels and reducing emissions
- Solving the decarbonisation of the entire freight supply chain
Defining the energy transition: Debating the changing shape of the energy market
- Managing the transition to clean energy and what it means for funds and investors in the space
- Making sure the right team and expertise is in place for a change of strategy
- How to get investors comfortable with executing a net-zero product
Less renewable? Exploring the darker side of the energy transition
- From reactive to pre-emptive: Expanding the scope of green investment opportunities
- The risk spectrum, exposure by sector and technological and market risks
- Advancing a circular economy in the energy transition space
Streams conclude- plenary sessions continue at 15.50
Achieving net zero: the case for new nuclear and RAB financing
- The importance of decarbonising the electricity grid
- How the regulated asset base model can bring down the cost of financing new nuclear
- Taking the lead on climate-smart investments for the future
Global Keynote Panel: The big ideas shaping the industry in 2022 and beyond
- The race to net zero- is the infrastructure industry doing enough?
- A results business: The latest on manager selection and performance monitoring
- Looking to the future: Identifying and expanding into new sectors
The state of play: Examining investor strategies in 2022 and beyond
- Top-down institutional preference, changing risk appetites and what gets the CIO interested
- A look at the disparity in investor interest for growth/core+ strategies versus core and supercore
- Balancing the investor portfolio in a post-pandemic environment
Chair’s summary and close of Day 1
Global Investor Forum - Wednesday 23rd
Investor-only Think Tank session (by invite only)
- Consolidating manager relationships- separate and managed accounts, co-investments and more
- Creating investment structures and products to suit changing investor portfolio construction
- Alignment of interest issues- management fees, carry structures and assessing performance
Chair’s welcome back
Keynote: A roadmap for the infrastructure asset class
- Infrastructure market trends – The 3D’s: decarbonisation, digitalisation, decentralisation
- Where is money moving? New markets, sectors and the outlook for emerging market infrastructure
- Trends in motion- where are deals being done in the space?
Keeping the license to operate: The growing role of social issues in infrastructure
- Creating more sustainable businesses by improving social indicators
- Why social issues are as material as environmental and governance
- The new wave: how to address socioeconomic equality; diversity, equality and inclusion, digital rights and land issues
The evolution of asset management before, during and after the pandemic
- How investors have managed their assets amid global travel restrictions
- Going digital: The importance of data and analytics in value creation
- AI, machine learning and more: Looking at innovation in infrastructure asset management
Keynote interview: How to get climate adaptation right
- Investing in resilience and why solutions are needed now
- Which assets face the greatest adaptation issues and why?
- Developing greater collaboration between the public and private sectors
Getting things moving again: The plan for transportation infrastructure
- More PPPs and where the development will happen: Ports, roads, airports and more
- The recovery of toll roads: more managed lanes, demand data and the future procurement process
- Undervalued assets and buying opportunities for transport investors
Market update from Infrastructure Investor
Our reports analyse the current state of the infrastructure market and detail the significant trends affecting the asset class in each quarter. We review 2021 from a fundraising perspective and look ahead to trends for 2022, then discuss the findings with a panel of industry experts
Leadership, risk and volatility
- Making sense of two years of restrictions, risk and opportunity
- Accepting where risk is inevitable and what to do about it
- Balancing data privacy, commercial power and increased regulation
Has the market accurately assessed valuations post-pandemic?
- Getting frothy: Assessing prices for renewables and digital assets during the pandemic
- Public or private? Assessing differences in valuations between listed assets and those in the private markets
- Troubled sectors: Examining distressed opportunities for investors by sector or asset
Smart money: debt strategies to capitalise on market dislocations
- Comparing credit, debt, turnaround and special situations with other strategies
- What do investors think of the various specialist strategies?
- Getting the timing right for new vehicles and products