The Spring Roundup is part of CFO All Access
A CFO All Access membership is a new way to keep modern CFOs and their teams in the know with high-level content and networking right across the year.
The Spring Roundup is now part of the many essential updates we’ll give you throughout the year with your CFO All Access membership.
An interactive half-day event, Roundup attendees will weigh in on hot topics and advance the dialogue via a circuit of virtual roundtable discussions. Expand peer-to-peer engagement and dissect the critical elements of the issues impacting finance and operations executives. The roundtable discussions are designed for attendees to uncover optimal solutions and best practices for a range of developments and challenges in private equity.
The CFOs & COOs Spring Roundup delivers the content to you—wherever you are—in a convenient and accessible manner. From your own workspace, engage in dynamic discourse via collaborative roundtable sessions with fellow finance and operations executives. Join interactive discussions and create a roadmap for the course ahead through engaging dialogue with your peers.
Roundup attendees will rotate virtual tables to engage in a different hot topic every 30 minutes*
Approaching valuation in the year ahead
Operational efficiency—evaluating internal and external resources
Defining data management at your firm
Navigating fees and expenses in an evolving environment
Virtual human capital management—fostering a connected firm
Advancing ESG initiatives and priorities within the firm
Already a CFO All Access member?
*CFO All Access members must RSVP to attend the CFOs & COOs Spring Roundup on March 25. Please email Shamara Ray at firstname.lastname@example.org to register your place.
Please note that seating is limited.
Your CFO All Access membership includes:
Please note annual agenda is subject to change
Day 1 - Thursday 25th
Engage in six interactive discussions on hot topics in private equity
Roundtable 1 | Approaching valuation in the year ahead
- What does valuation look like globally and how to approach it in the months ahead
- Are companies better positioned as a result of the pandemic: impacts and lessons learned?
- Making a call on what valuation teams should be doing differently
- Assessing changes in transparency demands and requirements to implement enhanced initiatives
- How have you been dealing with valuation with the auditors?
- New administration impact on valuation
Sylvia Cho, Principal, Transaction Services, Grant Thornton LLP
Béla Schwartz, CFO, The Riverside Company
Roundtable 2 | Operational efficiency—evaluating internal and external resources
- Ascertaining the CFO role in improving operational efficiencies within the firm
- Identifying where to locate efficiencies that won’t add a burden to the business
- Maintaining team culture within the PE firm to enhance morale, engagement, productivity and efficiency
- Best practices for efficiently managing firm planning, fundraising, investor relations, firm planning, analytics, compliance and HR
- Challenges faced by CFOs and COOs in monitoring and controlling legal spend
- How technology can enhance performance and reporting mechanisms with minimum disruption to existing practices
- Balancing internal resources with outsourced functions
Colin MacLeod, VP of Strategy and Operations, Apperio
Sanjay Sanghoee, COO, CFO and CCO, Delos Capital
Roundtable 3 | Defining data management at your firm
- How do you define data management at your firm?
- What methods have you implemented for collecting and analyzing portfolio company data?
- Should cybersecurity accountability/responsibility rest with the CFO?
- Mitigating the risks associated with implementing and adopting new technology
- Calculating performance and communicating it investors
- Are your LPs making demands for real-time data?
- Does fundraising change your data and data management requirements? Are you producing different types of analytics?
Drake Paulson, Senior Director eVestment, Private Markets
Daren Schneider, CFO & CCO, JLL Partners, LLC
Roundtable 4 | Navigating fees and expenses in an evolving environment
- Providing more transparency around fees and expenses management to LPs
- Best and/or common practices for management fees, partnership agreement terms, and handling extensions
- Aligning the front and back office on how to promote transparency in reporting fees and expenses
- How to navigate moving your firm into a more transparent fees and expenses conversation
- Compliance check: reexamining your firm’s process for allocating fees
- SEC findings on inappropriately managing fees
Anne Anquillare, CFA, Chief Executive Officer and President, PEF Services LLC
Kimberly D. Futrell, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer, Pharos Capital Group, LLC
Roundtable 5 | Virtual human capital management—fostering a connected firm
- GP incentives and capital structure: having direct access to carried interest compensation, co-investments or GP commitment
- Connecting the finance, HR and operations teams in a virtual environment
- Fostering transparency and mitigating the risks associated with incentive plan management
- Succession planning: retaining existing management while preparing for new leadership
- How do you attract new talent, and retain and motivate your existing human capital?
Paul Cunningham, Chief Financial Officer, Helios Investment Partners
Tom Pittman, Managing Director, Chief Marketing Officer, EWM Global
Roundtable 6 | Advancing ESG initiatives and priorities within the firm
- Examining how ESG is evolving in private equity and taking shape in your firm
- Establishing a formal approach to putting in place and documenting ESG policy
- Conducting an analysis on the data and what you need to measure
- Utilizing private vs. public data: where can firms go to source data?
- Tagging assets and providing metrics to LPs
- Analyzing ESG from an investor relations perspective
- Compliance and ESG—what should be on your radar?
Jeffrey Gilbert, Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, Carnelian Energy Capital
James Jefski, Managing Director, State Street
PEI’s CFO & COO events offer a unique opportunity for providers to engage and connect with senior professionals in the private equity sector through thought leadership, networking, and more.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2021, contact Cristiana Crocco at email@example.com call +1 646 921 0923.