The CFOs & COOs Fall Roundup is a one-day event for private equity finance and operations executives to benchmark against their peers and create conversations about strategically navigating new challenges caused by the pandemic.
The Roundup will provide vital peer insight, feedback and allow for in-depth conversations on issues impacting firms and portfolio companies presently and highlight what is to be expected as the industry moves toward a new normal.
Connect with your peers on how they are addressing a wide variety of topics including:
- ESG integration
- Compliance & SEC matters
- The evolution of the role of CFO and COO
- Data management: efficiency and transparency
- Due diligence in LP communication
- Tax changes
- Technology implementation
- Attracting and sourcing talent
- How PE will continue to grow and scale in the new normal
Roundup sessions – collaborative, strategic and solution driven for attendees to discuss the biggest challenges that are having an impact on their role and responsibilities.
Breakout sessions – craft a personalized agenda of sessions most applicable for improving the finance and operations at your firm.
Keynote interviews – industry leaders clear their schedules for in-depth and engaging conversations that assess and raise awareness of industry trends, challenges and solutions.
Think Tanks – these closed-door, interactive group discussions promote an open dialogue to answer your most pressing questions and solve challenges facing your firm.
Join our growing community of CFOs & COOs
Great to connect with other CFOs and COOs who are trying to solve the same problems that I am! We had a great networking session on the financing topic at a rou…
Great format and strong attention to detail. Considering the alternative for not meeting in person, PEI could not have done a better job with this virtual event…
Perfectly timed topics based on the current environment.
Great to connect with other CFOs and COOs who are trying to solve the same problems that I
am! We had a great networking session on the financing topic at a roundtable. Enjoyed it!
Great format and strong attention to detail. Considering the alternative for not meeting in
person, PEI could not have done a better job with this virtual event.
Day One - Tuesday 16th
Fireside chat - Putting cybersecurity at the forefront of private equity firms
Rich Melville, Editorial Director, US, PEI
Adam Fletcher, Chief Security Officer, Blackstone
How the increasing versality of CFOs is driving firm success
- Assessing CFO influence in moving the firm forward
- More than finance: strategically navigating the back office, HR, IT, IR, etc.
- How are CFOs effectively managing their time when working on both firm finance and assisting deal teams?
- Identifying innovative ways for finance and operations to contribute to the strategic growth of the firm
- Ensuring a connected and cohesive firm through cross-functional engagement
- Adopting technology to assist with the increasing demands of the CFO role
Crystal Andersen, Partner, Deloitte
Greg Fujii, Chief Operating Officer, Backstop Solutions
Jarrod Phillips, Chief Financial Officer, Ares Management
Dan Rochkind, CFO, Lerer Hippeau
Olibia Stamatoglou, Chief Financial Officer & Chief Compliance Officer, Victory Park Capital
Morning Coffee Break
Roundup A | Fundraising in a post-pandemic environment
- How has the industry adjusted to a new fundraising paradigm?
- Taking a closer look at the evolution of the CFO role in a fundraise
- How instrumental have placement agents been in the fundraising process?
- Best practices in fundraising operations
- Assessing how to best support the IR team
- What is the LP appetite for continuing virtual meetings and how is it shaping communication approaches?
- What can we expect in 2022 for fundraising strategies?
- Projecting the level of LP investments in the year to come
Andrew Coren, Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer, Gatewood Capital Partners
Drake Paulson, Senior Director, eVestment Private Markets
Roundup B | Fostering a collaborative relationship with outsourced partners
- How the COVID-19 pandemic influenced the working relationship between GPs and third-party service providers
- Examining the cost-benefit of outsourcing vs keeping functions in-house
- Establishing agreed upon metrics to promote a transparent and results-driven relationship
- Ensuring the firm and service providers are not duplicating tasks
- Bolstering your third-party due diligence process
- Engaging with services providers on a consistent basis to direct strategic decision-making
Aani Nerlekar, Senior Director, Solutions Consulting, SS&C Advent
Dino Verardo, Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer, Sageview Capital
Roundup C | Gauging the impact of tax reform on private funds and portfolio companies
- How involved are CFOs with tax reporting in their organization?
- Will tax reform affect the amount of compliance you perform?
- What functions are coordinating throughout the firm to comply with tax changes?
- State tax compliance: tackling issues encountered during state tax reporting
- Evaluating which tax and accounting practices can benefit from automation
- Identifying the right external support for tax compliance
Jennifer Randle, Executive Vice President – Finance and Operations, TCG
Roundup D | Key considerations for cultivating enduring LP/GP relationships
- How are firms approaching reporting measures due to the uptick in LP communication?
- The balancing act between standardizing and creating bespoke reporting templates and questionnaires
- Employing automation to manage ad hoc LP requests
- Methods for protecting sensitive information between GPs and LPs
- Establishing a diverse LPAC to represent LP and fund interests in an efficient manner
- Examining what’s required to reinstate in-person LP meetings
Kate de Mul, Director, Client Services, KKR
Kelly Ramsey Gooch, EVP, Client Relationship Officer, Ultimus LeverPoint
Lunch - Take a break on your own or grab a bite and join one of the interactive lunch & chat sessions
Lunch Chat A | Redefining company culture in the current climate
- Maintaining trust and confidentiality with employees regarding changes in COVID-19 policies and procedures
- Enhancing communication between leadership and employees to increase knowledge sharing and collaboration
- How are firms supporting the development of junior staff in remote and hybrid working environments?
- Implementing ESG and DEI policies within the firm
- Encouraging innovative methods for teambuilding
Shant Mardirossian, Partner, Chief Operating Officer, Kohlberg & Company
Lunch Chat B | Conducting a review of compensation trends and terms
- Determining whether the firm should perform a pay equity analysis
- Designing compensation plans for a competitive landscape
- How are firms are implementing success-based compensation?
- Offering incentive programs for staff not eligible for carry
Jennifer Neivert, Director of Operations & Administration, HCAP Partners
Track A | Maintaining and advancing the operational efficiencies achieved during the pandemic
- What processes or activities for managing firm operations changed within the past 18 months?
- Evaluating the operational challenges teams face trying to progress firm operations with escalating responsibilities
- Formalizing cross-functional, firmwide communication for a hybrid work environment
- Revisiting the workplace and the need for physical office space
- Designing a process to retain and support a proficient staff
- Tools for addressing ongoing pain points
Ben Collins, Senior Director, Financial Services Industries Marketing, Sage Intacct
Rahul Agarwal, Head of Finance, Lindsay Goldberg
John Stephens, Partner & Chief Financial Officer, US, Pomona Capital
Paul Vronsky, Operating Partners, Bond Capital
Track B | Extracting value from data to enhance firm and portfolio company performance
- Reexamining how your firm navigates the data management process
- Analyzing data from the past 18 months to inform firm decisions in the year ahead
- Implementing tools to map and make data more accessible for the front, middle and back office
- Effecting efficient data collection and monitoring to guide portfolio company growth strategy
- Best practices for protecting and sharing data with third-party service providers and LPs
Dalen Chow, Head of Commercial Strategy, General Partners, Private Markets, IHS Markit
Michael Koenig, Chief Client Officer, Hamilton Lane
John W. Polis, Chief Operating & Technology Officer, Star Mountain Capital
Heramb Ramachandran, Chief Financial Officer, Sciens Capital
Track A | Navigating the current private equity tax environment
- Tax requirements affecting the private equity industry
- Assessing Biden administration tax plans on the horizon
- Challenges and opportunities: is your firm performing the accounting/tax function in-house or outsourcing?
- Determining the best way to maintain records for SEC/auditors/tax team
- Tax implications of providing carried interest across the firm
Eric Coombs, Tax Partner, Asset Management Tax Leader, Grant Thornton
Anca Basturescu, Partner, Accounting, Tax & Operations, Yorktown Partners LLC
Mike Kubacki, CFO, NewSpring Capital
Raj Rupani, Head of US Tax, Cinven
Track B | Adopting technology innovations to transition to a future firm
- Coordinating with staff to assess the technology requirements for firm operations
- New tech alert: identifying technology to align with the needs of firm finance and operations
- Determining whether recent technology advancements can benefit firm initiatives
- Making a case for automating firm functions from data management, IR, fundraising, compliance, etc.
- Allocating the necessary resources for a seamless technology integration process
Lawrence Aragon, West Coast Bureau Chief, PEI Alternative Insight
James Black, Chief Operating Officer, Allvue
Peter Rivera, Chief Financial Officer, Shamrock Capital
Ivor van Esch, Head of Finance, Knox Lane
Think Tank A | Paving a path forward: attracting diverse and skilled talent to private equity firms
- Collaboration amongst leadership to increase the implementation of diversity, equity and & inclusion initiatives within the firm
- Should firms invest in hiring new employees or train existing team members on new skills when focusing on growth?
- Expanding the talent pool geographically when recruiting for a hybrid work model
- Aligning your firm with the best recruiters who understand the industry and talent needs
- Creating a well-rounded benefits program to entice candidates with the intention of accepting an offer
Laura A. Cappiello, Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer, Madison Dearborn Partners
Think Tank B | Evaluating and modernizing compliance programs to prevent enforcement actions
- How will the current administration’s stance on private equity influence the SEC’s initiatives and examinations?
- Current compliance risks on the private equity firm radar
- Taking a predictive and analytical approach to enhancing compliance programs
- Determining the Marketing Rule’s impact on communication and advertisement practices
- Establishing a firmwide compliance culture from the top down
Esana Blank, Chief Compliance Officer, CCMP Capital
Think Tank C | Can the U.S. catch up on implementing ESG programs and policies?
- Understanding the industry need to factor ESG into a firm’s strategy
- What is the growth trajectory for ESG in the United States?
- Should firms have a say in the implementation of ESG initiatives at portfolio companies?
- Developing long-standing ESG policies and protocols
- How will firms under consumer privacy laws remain compliant while delivering ESG data (California, Colorado, Virginia)?
- Taking cues from the continued growth of ESG programs in both Europe and Asia
- Reporting and measuring the impact of ESG initiatives
David Smolen, Managing Director, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, GI Partners
Think Tank D | Taking a proactive approach to implementing cybersecurity protocols
- What are private equity firms doing to protect data from cyber attacks?
- Mitigating cybersecurity risk at the firm and portfolio company levels
- Implementing security software without causing disruption to firm operations
- Emerging tools to protect information of firms operating in a hybrid work environment
- Lessons learned during the pandemic to assist in the development of new security measures
- Creating and conducting periodic trainings for all firm employees
- Working with third-party service providers to ensure employees are aware of and abide by evolving cybersecurity measures
Jason Snider, Chief Financial Officer, Gauge Capital
End of Roundup
By CFOs & COOs Fall Roundup
For speaking opportunities, contact Nikki Gale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Head of Finance, Lindsay Goldberg
Partner, Deloitte & Touche LLP
West Coast Bureau Chief, PEI Alternative Insight
Partner, Accounting, Tax & Operations, Yorktown Partners LLC
Chief Operating Officer, Allvue
Chief Compliance Officer, CCMP Capital
Managing Director, Chief Human Resources Officer, Madison Dearborn Partners
Head of Commercial Strategy, General Partners, Private Markets, IHS Markit
Senior Director, Financial Services Industries Marketing, Sage Intacct
Partner, Grant Thornton
Chief Financial Officer and Chief Compliance Officer, Gatewood Capital Partners
Director, Client Services, KKR
Managing Director Technology and Innovations Group, Chief Security Officer, Blackstone
Chief Operating Officer, Backstop Solutions
Chief Client Officer, Hamilton Lane
CFO, NewSpring Capital
Partner, Chief Operating Officer, Kohlberg & Company
Editorial Director, US, PEI
Director of Operations & Administration, HCAP Partners
Senior Director, Solutions Consulting, SS&C Advent
Senior Director, Nasdaq Private Funds
Chief Financial Officer, Ares Management
Chief Operating & Technology Officer, Star Mountain Capital
Chief Financial Officer, Sciens Capital
EVP, Client Relationship Officer, Ultimus LeverPoint
EVP of Finance and Operations, TCG
Chief Financial Officer, Shamrock Capital Advisors
Managing Director, General Counsel & Chief Compliance Officer, GI Partners
Chief Financial Officer, Gauge Capital
Chief Financial Officer & Chief Compliance Officer, Victory Park Captial
Partner & Chief Financial Officer, US, Pomona Capital
Head of Finance, Knox Lane
Chief Operating Officer & Chief Financial Officer, Sageview Capital
Chief Operating Officer & General Counsel, BOND
The Roundup will offer a unique opportunity for organizations to raise their profile by meeting with an exclusive community of private equity senior professionals.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2021, contact Cristiana Crocco at email@example.com call +1 646 921 0923.