After a successful first virtual event last year, the CFOs & COOs Europe Forum is taking place in-person in London on 16-17 November.
Hear from industry experts and discover solutions and prime your private fund operations for the future. Take part in an open discussion with your peers from across private markets on digitisation projects, regulatory frameworks, ESG implementation, managing teams through disruptive periods and much more this November.
The past year has redefined operational norms, this is your opportunity to stay in touch with the latest trends and benchmark against your peers and competitors so you can forge a way forward beyond the pandemic. Book now to access the Forum and build your network across private funds. There will be additional opportunities for those unable to travel to participate remotely.
Connect with 150+ finance and operational leaders
Join over 150 CFOs, COOs and senior finance and operations professionals. This is your opportunity to hear from and talk to like-minded individuals from the UK and Europe. Across our two-day programme, you will have plenty of time to build foundations for long-term relationships.
Stay up to date with the trends in private funds
Hear from industry and topic experts on a wide range of themes, from the technological to the technical. After a period that has redefined operational norms, it will be vital to stay in touch with the latest trends and benchmark against your peers and competitors.
Make the most of in-person networking in London
Ensure you take advantage of the unparalleled qualities that face-to-face networking brings. Various networking breaks, siloed discussion groups and our evening drinks reception are just some of the unmissable opportunities across the agenda.
Attendees of the CFOs & COOs networking event earlier this year
Day 1 - Tuesday 16th
Chairperson’s Welcome Address
Assessing the shift in priorities for private fund CFOs & COOs
Opening Panel Discussion
- How have the pandemic’s various repercussions forced a re-think for private fund CFOs & COOs?
- What has it meant for them and their team’s strategic position within the business?
- Which areas are requiring the most attention and spend at present?
Driving diversity & inclusion progress in private markets
- How has diverse hiring developed over recent years?
- Which D&I initiatives have proven most successful?
- Influencing diversity & inclusion culture in third-parties and portfolios
A key year for ESG development in private markets – SFDR, subscription credit lines and more
- How have fund managers coped with the EU’s Sustainable Finance Disclosure Regulation (SFDR) so far?
- How does it compare to AIFMD?
- Choosing the right ESG metrics for your subscription credit line
- Future impacts on costs, technology, processes and reporting
Investment outlook – how are private markets shaping up?
- PE, private debt, infra & real estate – where do the opportunities lie?
- How have firms overcome the challenges of remote fundraising and client interaction?
- Secondaries, SPACs, NAV lending & fund finance – how is the significant growth and change in these areas transforming the market?
- ESG prioritisation – what factors are funds targeting and what’s most important to investors?
Technology & automation in private markets – 2021 and beyond
- Data management, SaaS, connectivity between systems – what are the key foundations for technological development to prosper?
- Which processes and business areas are seeing the fastest acceleration in technological development at present?
- Top tips when it comes to new systems and efficiency savings
- Are the private markets catching up with the public side when it comes to automating to scale?
Debate: Out-sourcing vs in-house considerations
- Key components of the decision-making process
- The merits for each whilst taking into consideration the latest swathe of regulation
- Impact that the pandemic and shift towards remote/hybrid working has had on these decisions
- Fund administration – continued outsourcing or growing internal capabilities?
- Managing costs in this area amidst tightening margins and intensified fee pressures
Lunch and Networking Break
Mapping out your legal framework as the regulatory screws tighten on private assets
- SFDR, EU Taxonomy and other regulatory hurdles causing the biggest headaches at present
- Ensuring that you have a legal and regulatory set-up that works for your business
- Best practice when working with legal third-parties and harnessing their expertise
- How finance functions are coping with increasing legal & regulatory spend
Traditional finance priorities for 2021 & beyond
- Latest tax disclosure requirements
- Best preparation for continued intensification of fee & expense pressures
- Putting ESG sub lines into practice
- What to expect in the carry stakes over the coming months
Becoming a data-driven private fund manager
- Finding a data management solution that works to scale for your firm
- Connectivity between systems – why this holds the key to data aggregation and protecting against data duplication and inaccuracy across the business
- Regulatory impacts on data management – GDPR, reporting and more
- Developing your data analytics capabilities to provide tangible business intelligence
- Why ESG and investor demands are transforming the data landscape
Combating increasingly sophisticated cyber threats
- Why are we seeing a significant increase in the number of ransomware attacks in the market?
- Best practice for protecting yourselves and your portfolio companies
- Managing risk around third-parties
Ensuring you have a cyber-resilient workforce and culture in place
Culture, human capital and talent strategy in private assets
- Assessing how leadership attitudes towards business culture have changed
- Striking a balancing act between flexible working, employee satisfaction and high performance
- The role of technology & data analytics in talent engagement & retainment
- Remuneration, rewards and other considerations
Off the record - audience roundtable discussions over drinks
- Managing FX at the fund level
- Challenges around bank clients – Basel & more
- US tax considerations – the SEC & the Biden administration
- What will the future of private asset fundraising look like?
- Working out your artificial intelligence roadmap
- Carry expectations in the post-Covid era
- Weighing up the benefits of waterfall automation
- How are valuation methods & processes changing across private assets?
Networking Drinks Reception
Day 2 - Wednesday 17th
CFOs & COOs in private equity
CFOs & COOs in private debt
CFOS & COOs in infrastructure
CFOs & COOs in real estate
How python modelling is set to improve investment decisions, private fund management and investor relations
Assessing the future of private investments in Europe
- What will the alternative fund landscape look like in Europe in the upcoming years?
- Could Dublin or anywhere else become a new offshore centre? And what would that mean for fund structuring and investment decision-making?
- Continuing post-Brexit operational challenges for private funds
- Are private markets in Europe becoming increasingly democratized? What does this mean for fund managers?
The rise of ESG sub lines
In-Focus Fireside Chat
· Do subscription credit facilities linked to ESG metrics or green bonds represent the ‘holy grail’ for successful ESG integration in private funds?
· Why sub lines mean more transparency for investors
· How do they manifest across the different private asset classes?
Best practice for building relationships with portfolio companies
- Effective management and monitoring of portfolio performance
- CFOs & COOs involvement in portfolio level value creation
- Working with operating partners and your CFO/COO equivalents within the portfolio companies
- What rewards will you reap from building & maintaining these successful relationships?