14 - 15 November 2023,
Glaziers Hall | London
Driving the future of private fund finance and operations
Join us at the Private Funds CFO Network’s Europe Forum in London on 14-15 November 2023.
The Forum will bring together operations and finance professionals across all key asset classes while giving you the opportunity to network with and benchmark against your peers.
Secure your Private Funds CFO Network membership to gather with the most influential CFOs, COOs and their teams in Europe.
Why the Private Funds CFO Europe Forum?
Build lasting relationships with your peers not only through the two-day event but also year-round with the Private Funds CFO Network membership.
Hear from leading experts as they offer a mixture of insightful, data-driven presentations, topical panel discussions and interactive debates.
More than an event
Use your Private Funds CFO Network membership year-round to stay ahead of the markets and connect with your peers.
- Continued ESG & SFDR integration in fund finance and operations
- Private market movements: Increasing democratisation, hybrid fund dynamics, emerging strategies and more
- Cyber threats and challenges for private funds in an insecure and uncertain world
- Best practice for dealing with demands from increasingly sophisticated underlying investors
Hear from industry-leading speakers
2022 attendees included:
What our attendees say about the Forum
Alex Geach, Finance Director
An excellent conference offering a wide range of relevant panel discussions and the opportunity to effectively network
Marie Joyce, Chief Financial Officer
An excellent mix of peers – never a wasted journey to this conference, learn something new and make new connections every time
Stephen Penny, Partner & CIO
Great coverage of current relevant topics for COOs/CFOs with good balance between high-level intro to broader issues and deep dives into most topical issues
Download the agenda to see the timely and relevant topics that were covered at last year’s Forum.
If you are interested in a speaking role for 2023 please contact contact Hannah Ogun at email@example.com.
PEI Private Fund CFO/COO Forum 2022 - Day 1 - Tuesday 15th
Chairperson’s Welcome Address for the PEI Private Fund CFO/COO forum
What an unpredictable world means for private fund managers
- The macro-economic view: how high inflation and interest rate volatility is being monitored
- Inflationary impact on valuations, sub-lines, carried interest, taxation and more
- How are finance and operational executives planning for the near future in the face of this uncertainty?
- Geo-political considerations and challenges
Moderator: Jack Sirett, Partner, Ebury
Keynote presentation: How to become a rockstar CFO
Examining private market evolution: how CFOS & COOs are adapting
- How asset classes are increasingly blending and why a holistic approach is becoming more common for fund managers
- Emerging strategies – what new investment vehicles are being pursued by GPs? How is this affecting complexity from an operational and finance perspective?
- Fund structuring trends – open ended, closed ended, liquidity, and how this increasing variation is keeping CFOs and COOs busy
Moderator: Julie Nedellec, Head of UK Private Capital Solutions, BNP Paribas
Head of UK Private Capital Solutions, BNP ParibasRead bio
Head of Business Operations, MassMutualRead bio
Chief Operating Officer, Arcmont Asset ManagementRead bio
CFO, DWS InfrastructureRead bio
Chief Financial Officer, Head of Portfolio Management, Mount StreetRead bio
Interview: The future of carry and compensation
- Staying on top of a transformative area of finance
- How will macro trends, taxation and government action affect carried interest?
- The ongoing efforts of digitalisation and what this means for carry and compensation across different organisations
- Will the trigger be pulled when it comes to linking ESG and carry? If so, how will this manifest?
ESG mobilisation: what will challenging times ahead mean for its momentum?
- Will ESG integration continue at the desired rate in this difficult macroeconomic and geopolitical environment?
- How funds can overcome external pressures and challenges to achieve their environmental, social and governance goals
- ESG sub-line development & manifestation across private assets
- Impending ESG regulation: a help or a hindrance when it comes to making an impact?
Moderator: Snehal Shah, Reporter, New Private Markets
Senior Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer, Capital DynamicsRead bio
Chief Operating Officer, Oman Infrastructure Investment Management (OIM) – Co GP of Rakiza (“Rakiza”)Read bio
Sustainability Analyst, Campbell LutyensRead bio
COO & Founder, Précis Capital PartnersRead bio
Reporter, New Private Markets, PEI GroupRead bio
The ever-evolving human capital landscape: recruitment, retention, rewarding and more
- The responsibility of business leaders in 2022 and beyond when it comes to HR and human capital
- Incentivising talent in a new world of work
- How understanding of D&I is evolving and impacting internal and external decisions and operations
- Assessing the array of tools, technologies and advice available as the private markets continue their progression in human capital
Moderator: Richard Urban, Director, Rivington Pike
Debate: Integration optimisation across a multi-layered enterprise
- How scaled growth, holistic asset approaches and consolidation are increasing the complexity of cross-business integration
- Systems and control integration across multiple functions
- The human element: how can COOs & CFOs nurture a cultural and behavioural blend to match their integration objectives?
- Streamlining processes, automating and consolidating information across best of breed systems
Moderator: Nicholas Clapham, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Alternatives), State Street
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Alternatives), State StreetRead bio
Director – Group Finance Operations, 3i Group PlcRead bio
Chief Financial & Risk Officer, Climate Fund ManagersRead bio
Head of Operations & Finance, ARA VennRead bio
Lunch and networking break
Private asset valuations in a changing world
- What market and economic conditions have had the biggest impact on valuations in recent times?
- How are finance teams adapting their approach to valuations across private assets?
- Working collaboratively with third-parties
- Increased scrutiny around due diligence and the overall pre-investment process
Moderator: Patrick McCullagh, Managing Director, Alter Domus
Managing Director, Sales: Europe & North America, Alter DomusRead bio
Chief Financial Officer, Helios Investment PartnersRead bio
Finance Director, Hg CapitalRead bio
Head Investment Valuations Europe/Americas, Partners Group AGRead bio
Assessing the global regulatory landscape for private assets
- Does increased SEC focus spell increased regulation? Will private capital face similar levels of regulation to public markets in years to come?
- How can private fund GPs prepare for this and ease the burden for their clients? Best practice and tips when it comes to technology, data and transparency
- Managing increasing compliance demands in Europe in the face of consolidation and fund complexity across multiple jurisdictions
- What directives and demands to be aware of heading into 2023 and beyond
Moderator: Graham Bippart, Editor, PEI Media
Preparation for SFDR & EU taxonomy: dealing with client demand
- As LPs mobilize for impending regulation, how have GPs dealt with demands from their clients so far in 2022?
- What’s coming down the line in regards to reporting and compliance?
- Best practice and top tips for CFOs and COOs to streamline & optimise these compliance processes in the ESG transition
Moderator: James Duffield, Director, Aztec Group
Digging into the data: establishing a successful firm-wide strategy
- Why data quality & assurance is integral and how to achieve it
- Overcoming data sourcing challenges in private markets
- Why the fuss? How quality data can influence investment decisions, reporting, operational capacity and more
- Consolidating data across platforms and asset classes as managers adopt a more holistic approach to private markets
Moderator: Rich Itri, Chief Innovation Officer, ECI
Gaining a competitive edge: how to ease the fund administration burden
- Staying on top of the latest global and regional trends in fund administration
- How third parties are adapting to increased fund complexity across assets
- Vendor selection and monitoring challenges
Moderator: Jonathan Connelly, Associate Director, Holland Mountain
Portfolio monitoring – trials, tribulations, tips & techniques
- How portfolios are evolving in private markets and becoming increasingly multi-faceted
- Biggest challenges facing GPs when it comes to monitoring
- Technologies – in-house vs outsourcing, best tools, integration and more
- Best practice for working across teams internally for optimum monitoring, reporting & service
Moderator: Hank Boggio, Chief Commercial Officer, Cobalt, a FactSet Company
Interactive debate: What does the working day of the future look like?
- Assessing the merits and limitations of different models & approaches
- Legacies from the remote working era
- Finding the right balance – considerations for the organisation, teams and individuals
- Predictions for 2023 and beyond
Off the record - audience roundtable discussions over drinks:
- How private markets are catching up when it comes to data management and analytics facilitated by Rich Itri, Chief Innovation Offer, ECI
- Incorporating D&I with impact into your recruitment and retention strategy facilitated by Debojit Mukherjee, COO, Agilitas Private Equity
- Operational challenges for emerging and small-scale managers facilitated by Mandar Kulkarni, Partner, CFO & COO, Cap10 Partners LLP
- Coping with increasing taxation complexity facilitated by Alex Geach, Finance Director, Vantage Infrastructure
- The rise and rise of fund finance facilitated by Slade Spalding, Chief Investment Officer, No Limit Capital
- Managing side letter requirements
- Evolving cyber security strategies for private funds facilitated by Juri Pervjakov, Finance & Technology Director, BaltCap
- In-house vs outsourcing and technology/software selection facilitated by Cameron Price, Chief Operating Officer, Vantage Infrastructure
Chief Operating Officer, Agilitas Private EquityRead bio
Finance Director, Vantage InfrastructureRead bio
Partner & CIO, No Limit CapitalRead bio
Finance and Technology Director, BaltCapRead bio
Chief Operating Officer, Vantage InfrastructureRead bio
Networking drinks reception
PEI Private Fund CFO/COO Forum 2022 - Day 2 - Wednesday 16th
Private think tanks – asset classes
- CFOs & COOs in private equity Facilitated by Shuli Levy, CFO/COO, Expedition Growth Capital
- CFOs & COOs in private debt Facilitated by Neil Smith, COO, Invest & Fund
- CFOS & COOs in infrastructure Facilitated by Colm Walls, CFO, Iona Infrastructure
- CFOs & COOs in real estate Facilitated by Melinda Knatchbull, CFO & COO, Immobel Capital Partners
Chairperson’s day 2 welcome
The democratisation of private markets and its impact on operational models
- Examining the trend of retail wealth entering the private markets
- How will this continue to evolve over the coming years?
- Across the business model: how will this affect how private fund managers operate?
Moderator: Richard Drew, Group Product Development Director, IQ-EQ
Interview: Blockchain technology & tokenization: enabling access for retail wealth?
- How can blockchain tech & tokenization revolutionise how individuals and enterprises access to private markets?
- Making illiquid assets liquid: How loans and real estate are driving the evolution
- What this requires from a technology, operational and resource perspective
- Lessons to be learnt from public market funds and other industries
Moderator: Brian Kane, Director Capital Markets and Origination, CrossLend
Exclusive PEI Fees & Expenses Survey presentation
Embedding efficient risk management across your organisation and beyond
- How different elements of risk are evolving as private markets become more sophisticated
- Best practice when it comes to nurturing a risk-savvy workforce
- CFOs, COOs and CROs roles in risk management beyond the organisation – third parties and within the portfolio
Moderator: Graham Bippart, Editor, PEI Media
Closing Interview: The future of fundraising operations
- What does fundraising look like for your organisation now?
- Will it stay this way or transform again?
- What CFOs and COOs contribute and how this can vary as investors become more sophisticated and diverse
- Working collaboratively with your investor relations and sales colleagues
Moderator: Daniel Schieferdecker, Sales Specialist Private Markets, Nasdaq Private Fund Solutions
Networking lunch and close of conference
CFO Europe 2022 Agenda
By Private Funds CFO
CFO Europe 2022 Attendee List
By Private Funds CFO
CFO Europe 2022 Brochure
By Private Funds CFO
By Private Funds CFO
Finance Director, IQ Capital
Senior Managing Director & Chief Operating Officer, Capital Dynamics
Chief Operating Officer, Oman Infrastructure Investment Management (OIM) – Co GP of Rakiza (“Rakiza”)
Gilad G. Amir
Digital Operating Partner, Pollen Street Capital
COO, Signal Capital Partners
Co-Founder and CFO, creditshelf
Editor, Private Funds CFO, Private Equity International
Chief Commercial Officer, Cobalt, a FactSet Company
Head of Business Operations, MassMutual
Chief Operating Officer, Arcmont Asset Management
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Alternatives), State Street
Associate Director, Head of Back Office Consulting, Holland Mountain
Chief Financial Officer, Helios Investment Partners
CFO, Phoenix Equity Partners
CFO & CRO, HPE Growth
COO, Newstead Capital
CFO, TLG Capital
Group Product Development Director, IQ-EQ
Director, Aztec Group
Senior Partner, Frog Capital
CFO, DWS Infrastructure
Finance Director, Vantage Infrastructure
Head of Strategy & Consulting, Private Assets, M&G Investments
Operating Partner & CFO, Magnetic
Senior Partner, Alpha FX
Chief Operating Officer and General Counsel, All Seas Capital
Chief Financial Officer, Old Mutual Alternative Investments
CEO, MillTechFX by Millennium Global
Chief Innovation Officer, ECI
Director – Group Finance Operations, 3i Group Plc
Amandeep Singh Johal
Legal Counsel Portfolio Governance, Triton
Director of Capital Markets & Originations: UK, Ireland & Nordics, CrossLend
Group COO, Oakley Capital
Chief Financial and Operating Officer, Immobel Capital Partners
COO, Blossom Capital
Partner, CFO & COO, Cap10 Partners
Finance Director, Hg Capital
CFO / COO, Expedition Growth Capital
Legal and Compliance Director, BaltCap
Managing Director, Sales: Europe & North America, Alter Domus
CFO, Anticipa Real Estate
Chief Operating Officer, Real Estate, ICG Real Estate
UK Financial Controller, Equistone UK
COO, Clarion Partners Europe
Chief Operating Officer, Agilitas Private Equity
Head of UK Private Capital Solutions, BNP Paribas
Chief Financial & Risk Officer, Climate Fund Managers
Group Head of Funds and Asset Managers, IQEQ
Finance and Technology Director, BaltCap
Chief Financial Officer, Head of Portfolio Management, Mount Street
Chief Operating Officer, Vantage Infrastructure
Global Managing Director and CRO, RFA
Sustainability Analyst, Campbell Lutyens
Head Investment Valuations Europe/Americas, Partners Group AG
Chief Financial Officer, Metric Capital Partners
COO & Founder, Précis Capital Partners
CFO, Fremman Capital
Sales Specialist Private Markets, Nasdaq Private Fund Solutions
Reporter, New Private Markets, PEI Group
Regional Director, EWM Global
Partner, Ebury Institutional Solutions
Head of Operations & Finance, ARA Venn
COO, Invest and Fund
Partner & CIO, No Limit Capital
Managing Partner, Private Markets Solutions Limited
Independent Non-Executive Director, Rivington Pike
CFO, Iona Capital
Connect with a community of CFOs, COOs and senior finance executives
The Private Funds CFO Europe Forum offers a unique opportunity for providers to engage and connect with senior compliance professionals in the private equity sector through thought leadership, networking, and more.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2023, contact Josh Stoller at firstname.lastname@example.org or call +1 646 970 3923.
Where successful CFOs and COOs connect
Better connections at the Europe Forum
As a member of the Private Funds CFO Network, your networking experience will not stop after the Europe Forum.
Members can connect with peers throughout the year, set up pre-meetings with those attending the Europe Forum, meet in-person on the day, or pick up a conversation after the conference.
Stay ahead of industry-wide issues with monthly webinars and virtual think tanks covering the most pressing subjects that CFOs, COOs and their teams face today.
Find and connect with like-minded professionals facing similar challenges at our events and through our private network platform only available to members.
Join us in person and listen to the industry’s best keynote speakers, engage in working groups, think tanks, and much more. Members receive reduced price offers to our in person events.