Join us at the Private Funds CFO Network’s Europe Forum in London on 14-15 November 2023.
The Forum will bring together operations and finance professionals across all key asset classes while giving you the opportunity to network with and benchmark against your peers.
Secure your Private Funds CFO Network membership to gather with the most influential CFOs, COOs and their teams in Europe.
Build lasting relationships with your peers not only through the two-day event but also year-round with the Private Funds CFO Network membership.
Hear from leading experts as they offer a mixture of insightful, data-driven presentations, topical panel discussions and interactive debates.
More than an event
Use your Private Funds CFO Network membership year-round to stay ahead of the markets and connect with your peers.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Director
Join Emma Cashmore as she takes a deep dive into her previous role and DE&I as a whole. Topics of discussion include:
- Using DE&I to build a thriving ecosystem
- Implementing systemic change
- What matters most in the employee experience
- Why you need to get comfortable with being uncomfortable
- And more…
2022 attendees included:
Alex Geach, Finance Director
An excellent conference offering a wide range of relevant panel discussions and the opportunity to effectively network
Marie Joyce, Chief Financial Officer
An excellent mix of peers – never a wasted journey to this conference, learn something new and make new connections every time
Stephen Penny, Partner & CIO
Great coverage of current relevant topics for COOs/CFOs with good balance between high-level intro to broader issues and deep dives into most topical issues
This year’s agenda was built through consultation with influential finance and operations leaders in private equity and venture capital. The topics covered will improve processes and practices within your firm, including:
- Effectively managing your portfolio
- Staying on top of the latest regulatory initiatives
- Finding and retaining top talent
- Navigating the future of carried interest
Day 1 - Tuesday 14th
Registration ＆ coffee
Invite-only women’s CFO ＆ COO networking breakfast
Chairperson’s Welcome Address
Operational imperatives- CFO/COO top priorities for the next 12 months
- The future of fund management over the next decade, key themes and practical issues influencing their role.
- Key factors CFOs/COOs consider vital to their strategy for accelerating their organization’s growth
- Overriding implications of SVB collapse- what does it mean for the industry?
Moderator: Nicholas Clapham, Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Alternatives), State Street
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Alternatives), State StreetRead bio
Partner, Finance ＆ Operations Director, Beechbrook CapitalRead bio
Group CFO, BC PartnersRead bio
Partner, Chief Operating Officer, ActisRead bio
Group COO, Oakley CapitalRead bio
Navigating challenges in a rising rates and inflationary climate
- In a high interest rate environment is alternatives still looking attractive in general?
- Managing liquidity in the current economic environment. What are investors return rate horizon across private markets?
- How is this market moving forward in the new age of fewer exit possibilities & higher interest rates?
- How are CFOs and COOs making sense of the higher rates environment?
Moderator: James Duffield, Group Head of Business Development, Aztec Group
Group Head of Business Development, Aztec GroupRead bio
Principal & CFO, CONSTELLATION CAPITAL AGRead bio
Chief Financial Officer, Nordic CapitalRead bio
Group Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Sienna Investment ManagersRead bio
Fireside chat: Future of Carried interest
- Is carried interest going to get taxed as an income?
- Should Impact-Based Incentive Structures penalize and/or reward GPs for the extent to which impact targets are met?
- Can we expect sustainability linked carry to become the mainstream?
Moderator: Simon Shipgood, Regional Director, EMEA, EWM Global
Networking coffee break
Accelerating ESG and meeting investor demands
- Is standardisation in reporting (managing and measuring ESG data) good for the industry?
- How are funds managing the latest investor demands in areas such as ESG?
- SFDR- is it fit for purpose for private funds?
In-Focus Fireside chat: LP Secondaries ＆ Liquidity
Panel: Cultivating and retaining human talent in a competitive market
Lunch and networking break
- Best ways to demonstrate exceptional portfolio management to end investors
- Best tools to quantity alpha in portfolios and predict future liquidity risks?
Navigating a changing regulatory and compliance environment
- SEC registration reporting requirements and updates to policies.
- Regulatory developments and taxonomy issues that private fund managers need to keep on top of.
- Operations and regulation- how do they work together?
- Impact of ELTIF regulation on retailization
Valuation challenges in changing times
Mitigating emerging cyber risks and the CFO strategy
- How to successfully balance risk without paralyzing operational teams that are trying to grow?
- How have operational teams joined with legal and compliance to mitigate risks?
- How has the SVB collapse reiterated the problem of opportunistic cyber threats?
Moderator: Simon Eyre, Chief Information Security Officer, Drawbridge
Best practices for fund set-up
- Key factors driving and influencing advisor appointmuient decisions, choice of fund domicile, and the key fund establishment challenges CFO/COOs are facing.
- Assessing liquidity risks
Data analytics: Why it’s the golden era of data
- Implementing an effective data strategy to create better firm visibility
- Impact of unifying disparate data and embracing predictive analytics on operational performance
- Best tools to capitalize on value-creation opportunities
Networking coffee break
Debate: To outsource or not to outsource- When, where and how?
- Key areas for outsourcing and what makes for an effective outsourcing partnership.
- When is it better to do it inhouse?
- How do you balance cost and efficiency?
Moderator: Patrick McCullagh, Managing Director, Sales: Europe & North America, Alter Domus
Managing Director, Sales: Europe ＆ North America, Alter DomusRead bio
Chief Operating Officer, GLIL Infrastructure LLPRead bio
Chief Financial Officer, Head of Portfolio Management, Mount StreetRead bio
Partner & CFO, Apera Asset ManagementRead bio
Off the record - Audience roundtable discussions over drinks
- The role of data sourcing and data management to support asset verification
- Capital raising against the current macro backdrop
- Managing investor due diligence process facilitated by Cameron Price, Chief Operating Officer, Vantage Infrastructure
- Handling large scale integration challenges
- Democratisation of the private funds market
- The demand for NAV and hybrid financing
Day 2 - Wednesday 15th
Registration ＆ Coffee
CFOs ＆ COOs in Private equity (GPs only)
CFOs ＆ COOs in Private debt (GPs only)
CFOS ＆ COOs in Infrastructure (GPs only)
Facilitated by Alex Geach, Finance Director, Vantage Infrastructure
CFOs ＆ COOs in Real estate (GPs only)
CFOs ＆ COOs in Service providers (GPs only)
Chairperson’s day 2 welcome remarks
Managing risk in an ever-changing environment
- Why do private credit funds need to be more mindful of sanctions?
- Conducting due diligence in the current sanctions environment.
Fundraising and the denominator effect
- Have fundraising dynamics cooled down across private market asset classes?
- What’s the best approach to meet investor demands and deal with longer fundraising cycles?
- How to tap data driven institutional capital to fuel growth in a challenging environment
Keeping up with technology integration in private markets
- Key technology implementations to drive automation
- Leveraging the opportunities of artificial intelligence and mitigating its risks
- Which focal areas are you seeing new investment ?
- Which technology benefits do CFO/COOs place most value on?
Debate: Adapting to new company sizes- small, mid and large cap
- Strategies to future proof target operating models
- How do the operational challenges compare across size?
- What does it mean to be a Large cap CFO vs emerging and small scale manager? How do you compete with larger players?
- Is it harder for smaller funds to spread out CFO capabilities over investor relations, compliance, ESG etc.?
Networking lunch ＆ end of conference
Founder ＆ CEO, Capital Pilot
COO and Head of Investor Relations, DunPort Capital Management
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Leader, ex Meta
Partner, Finance ＆ Operations Director, Beechbrook Capital
Senior Vice President, Global Head of Sales (Alternatives), State Street
Managing Director, Abacus Group
Group Head of Business Development, Aztec Group
Founder & Managing Partner, Avellinia Capital
Chief Information Security Officer, Drawbridge
Executive Board Member/Head Corporate Operations, SUSI Partners
Chief Operating Officer, GLIL Infrastructure LLP
Finance Director, Vantage Infrastructure
Finance Director, AshGrove Capital
Partner, Zetland Capital
Group CFO, BC Partners
COO/CFO, Headway Capital Partners
Director – Group Finance Operations, 3i Group Plc
Managing Director, Sales: Europe ＆ North America, Alter Domus
Chief Operating Officer, Agilitas Private Equity
Managing Director, Fund Services, Actis
Chief Financial Officer, Head of Portfolio Management, Mount Street
Chief Operating Officer, Vantage Infrastructure
Partner, Chief Operating Officer, Actis
Group Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, Sienna Investment Managers
Principal & CFO, CONSTELLATION CAPITAL AG
Chief Operating Officer, Federated Hermes
Partner & CFO, Apera Asset Management
Regional Director, EWM Global
Chief Financial Officer, Nordic Capital
The Private Funds CFO Europe Forum offers a unique opportunity for providers to engage and connect with senior compliance professionals in the private equity sector through thought leadership, networking, and more.
For exclusive sponsorship packages for 2023, contact Josh Stoller at email@example.com or call +1 646 970 3923.
As a member of the Private Funds CFO Network, your networking experience will not stop after the Europe Forum.
Members can connect with peers throughout the year, set up pre-meetings with those attending the Europe Forum, meet in-person on the day, or pick up a conversation after the conference.
Stay ahead of industry-wide issues with monthly webinars and virtual think tanks covering the most pressing subjects that CFOs, COOs and their teams face today.
Find and connect with like-minded professionals facing similar challenges at our events and through our private network platform only available to members.
Join us in person and listen to the industry’s best keynote speakers, engage in working groups, think tanks, and much more. Members receive reduced price offers to our in person events.